Watching TV ?

maYRam

assalam alaikum!
watching tv or not watching tv, its up to us if we're gonna be influenced in a bad way.. Allah gave the us the freedom to make decisions so we better make it right..

and yeah... i love watching tv.. haha!

wasalam! :hijabi:

canab1973

Assalam aleykum brothers and sisters

I am trying to stop watching TV and find it VERY difficult , subhanallah it's been easier to stop listening to music !!

Do you watch TV ???

:mashallah:

Wa,alaykum salam wr wb
I don't watch TV anymore. I used to watch soap for 10 years; I remember recording it when I am not home. I stopped 5 years ago; I don't even watch the news.

Ibn Uthaymin

Assalamu alykum

I try not to watch Tv, although i do a few times here and there, but bi`ithnillah the urge is declining if you can call it that, read some Islamic book and if you get bored play football or join a martial arts club .

cookiedough-123

salam alikum

u know sometimes tv can take ur time away and take u way from the things that are important etc leanring about islam, recitng quran, gettin closin to ALLAH swt . i meen how many people sit in front of the tv and waste there lives watchin somethin that isnt gonna be benifical for us in the long run. we will be asked how we used are time ? for me the tv i use to watch a lot odf movies from hollywood and i someo how got distracted that i didnt feel the closeness of ALLAH i wanted . so then i began searchin for islamic channels. i only have these in my home now except my husband comes home and he likes his moves but i wont watch them. also i belive channels like discovery channel , animal planet are great to watch u are actually learning something and of course we get to know how great ALLAH is by lookin at his nautre. i find these very helpful on tv. i honesty think tv has its high and lows. remember brother islam isnt something extreme so dont go stoppin ur self if its too hard for u take it step by step. just switch to better channels. or even that always have some time in the day for ALLAH. remberance , reciting , reading books inshALLAH X. take it slowly. i hope ALLAH knows that ur intention is good and i can see u want to be closer there are sooo many wayz .

:tti_sister:

Shak78

:salam2:
I watch TV, not a lot of it but I do watch College Football and a few shows on TV. I can make time for TV, my son, remembrance of Allah, my prayers and work. As long as you don't let it control your life I dont think TV is such a bad thing.

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah

TV was like a drug when I was a kid. I always had to get my fix . . .

But now that I am older and wiser (at least in theory) I've found it to be a waste of time so I try to avoid it when I can. In recent years I've been trying to convince my parents to cut the satellite that we've had for the past 8 years so that at the very least we could save some money and most improve our mental functioning. I prefer reading novels, for entertainment, than watching TV and read when I can.

There is good TV and bad TV of course. I don't think there's anything wrong with watching the Science, Discovery or History channels which I do enjoy from time to time.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum

Having both parents at work most of the day, i can say i learned many things from TV, i liked the shows for kids, the cartoons that had lessons about beeing honest, about respecting the nature...i also learned even without intentions some new words from different languages...
I dont think tv is so bad as long as you choose what to watch, like news or science channels...

The internet i think is much more harmfull for kids as well as for adults.

a_stranger

Assalmu alaikim wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh

As long as one has Taqwa in heart , he/ she can control what he / she sees or do . The problem arise when what we see or hear wipe the taqwa from our hearts , or make us busy with silly thoughts. Nowadays most of youth take tv stars ( in reality has nothing to do with stars) as an example instead of the true good example like the prophet salla Allah alaihi wa Salam and sahaba radia Allah anhim. When we wear children we were very much found of the characters we see , and try to take them as an example before we -AlhamduliAllah- understand who are the true noble examples : the true stars that angles of heavens see their light shines clearly.

rightpath_357

Assalam aleykum brothers and sisters

I am trying to stop watching TV and find it VERY difficult , subhanallah it's been easier to stop listening to music !!

Do you watch TV ???

Wa Alaikum Asalam!

Woww- I cannot believe I did not think of this advice before. START READING BOOKS! Fictional (appropriate) ones, because it's like watching the shows in your head, except BETTER. And then once your love of reading has grown, incorporate some Islamic books and informative books into your book pile. :)

MuslimShadow

TV was like a drug when I was a kid. I always had to get my fix . . .

But now that I am older and wiser (at least in theory) I've found it to be a waste of time so I try to avoid it when I can. I prefer reading novels, for entertainment, than watching TV and read when I can.

Same here.But now i don't even have the time to watch tv as my studies keep me busy.:)

There is good TV and bad TV of course. I don't think there's anything wrong with watching the Science, Discovery or History channels which I do enjoy from time to time.

And i second that.