Wazifas?

Ahsen

Some people say that read this ayat 100 times or read the name of Allah this many time s and you will get what you want. They also add surahs and other things to it. What is the status of such things in islam. Are such things allowed because they say that they are only taking this from the quran, or is it a bida'ah?
Can you show some fatwa of a reputed sheikh in this matter?

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Some people say that read this ayat 100 times or read the name of Allah this many time s and you will get what you want. They also add surahs and other things to it. What is the status of such things in islam. Are such things allowed because they say that they are only taking this from the quran, or is it a bida'ah?
Can you show some fatwa of a reputed sheikh in this matter?

asalaam aleykum;

It is NOT Bida'h......but the fact is....
say a wound, daily is to be cleaned(or sterilized as they put)on daily basis; BUT if instead just patch one after the another gauze piling all dirt's stuffed ON, how could any expect for the 100's to yield as the results of after rain falls?

Precious Star

do you tell your mother "I love you" 100 times in order for her to believe it?

does a child have to tell its mother "I am hungry" 100 times in order for her mother to respond?

Ahsen

does a child have to tell its mother "I am hungry" 100 times in order for her mother to respond?

Thats what I was thinking. The Prophet peace be upon him never did it. The sahabas didnt do it. I think its an innovation from the south asian region. I want some clear answer to it. Because my mother believes all these things and she tells me to do it. I feel uncomfortable doing it when I know that its not from the deen.

mohammadyunus

bro itqan ullah, jazak allah khair. You are one member who keeps going through islamqa for answers and helping us save time.

kalamazoo

a crow, father and a son....

asalaam aleykum;

we are here to learn never mind, from young or old; and our target is KURBAT ILA LLAH; and to Him we are all His slaves and or children to Obey and learn.

so let me relay an example of a child as the above Title:

Son: what is that bird ?

father: a crow

few seconds passed

son: what is it?

father: a crow.

it was so the son kept on asking again and again; but father was clever instead of getting angry
he was just jotting how many times his son kept on asking(you can imagine how our children keep on asking similar to the story)

Later ....while a child was grown up enough to realize,;
They happened to pass near by was a crow...here father Asked his son what is that Bird, instantly the child Crow, within few seconds Father asked what was it...a Crow ( a little louder from the son)
not even reaching seventh time he Shouted to his father....Have you no eyes have you ears THAT IS CROW- CROW (near his fathers face)

father: Patiently took out his note book of day date and time and showed to his son to those days while Him(father didn't get fed up; but keen hear His son talk and to make him learn.

so is there any Bad for a slave to keep on repeating? Before His Master?

Thats what I was thinking. The Prophet peace be upon him never did it. The sahabas didnt do it. I think its an innovation from the south asian region. I want some clear answer to it. Because my mother believes all these things and she tells me to do it. I feel uncomfortable doing it when I know that its not from the deen.

Because my mother believes all these things and she tells me to do it. I feel uncomfortable doing it when I know that its not from the deen

she tells me to do it.

Alhamdu Lilaah, it was your own mother, so as my mother;

my dear please refer to your thread:-

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85889&highlight=

Ayn/ Evil eye
Assalamwalaikum,

I wanted to talk about this since a long time.As a creature I don't see myself better than other humans. Alhamdulillah Allah has blessed me with good looks,voice and mind And I cannot thank him enough for that. But when I go outside at work or during parties and social gatherings,people feel jealous from me. Because I perform better than them or I act better than them they feel insecure. Well, I am not responsible for the success and failure of anyone. I don't interfere in other people's business. That's not my job. But some people get jealous and stare at me continuously with their looks filled with jealousy and hatred. I know it's because of their ignorance. I am just asking you guys if you know any dua or surah to protect myself from evil eye. Because I know when something has affected me. Sometimes I get angry without any reason and when my mother recites the last 3 surahs on me I come back to normal. I don't feel jealous from anyone .I don't like to stare people or be stared at. The people who stare at me includes both men and women,old and young. And I can feel jealousy in their eyes.

my dear brother;

I have not brought up this thread of yours for no any other reason JUST as reminder to your own words as above/below:-

Because I know when something has affected me. Sometimes I get angry without any reason and when my mother recites the last 3 surahs on me I come back to normal.

Your mother who asked you to do the same as 100 etc and you think/or know(as stated)

Did you want to know how did she have that Granted Rahmat by Allah?
for you to come to Normal?

You may ask her and the answer will be to those 100 (plus)
and because she is always; so I am sure by Allahs' Rahmat in many cases you (may have notice)she is being granted.

Could there be a better person than 'Mama'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy0o-y7dSBg&feature=fvwrel

kalamazoo

“No doubt! Verily, the Awliyaa’ of Allaah [i.e., those who believe in the Oneness of Allaah and fear Allaah much and love Allaah much], nor fear shall be upon them nor shall they grieve, - those who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah) and used to fear Allaah much”
[Yoonus 10:62-63]

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/6745

[61-65] O Prophet, We are witnessing whatever work you may be engaged in and whatever portion you may be reciting from the Qur'an; We are also keeping a watch, O people, over whatever you are doing: for there is not an iota of anything, small or big, in the earth and the heavens that is hidden from your Lord, and everything is on record in the clear Register.[SUP]64[/SUP] Listen: those, who are Allah's friends and who believe and fear God, shall have no occasion for fear or sorrow: there is nothing but good news for them in this world and in the Hereafter: Allah's words cannot be changed-this is the greatest success. O Prophet, let not their remarks grieve you, for honor wholly rests with Allah. He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.

http://www.englishtafsir.com/Quran/10/index.html

asalaam aleykum,

brothers;

let us compare the translations
it is for our own good.

my request for the person who gave the link, Can you enquire:-
as per that translation:-
those who believe in the Oneness of Allaah and fear Allaah much and love Allah much],

(close friends)

Did they mean.... "HIZB LLAH"?

An or what can you make Up?

[this is an open forum i think everyone has the right]

Jazakum Lllah Kheyr wa Barakah