Website problems

tiaziz

There is an annoying popup message box that comes at the right had side once logged in. I do minimize it, but when i switch between different pages except forums. The messenger box maximizes itself, it is very annoying using firefox.
Also, the website seems to load intermittently slow for me. I have a 40Mb BB connection and using FF.
Wondering if anyone experienced similar issues here?

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Asalaamu alaikum

The pop-up box you refer to is the chat client. You may not be aware that until recently the site was only forums, all of that other stuff (including chat) is part of a big expansion of the site. The brothers are working hard on it, but there are still some corners to be flattened out. So the answer about the pop-up box is have patience, in shaa Allah. I agree it is annoying though.

When you say the site loads intermittently slow, can you give any more information? Is it a time of day, or when you are running other programs maybe? I noticed it can be slow sometimes, though it's not a problem to me. It could have so many different causes though.

I hope these won't spoil your enjoyment of the site.

Wa sallam

zaman-gm

I wish if there is a minimize Button ( - ) their. Sometime i cant minimize that Messenger box when i log in with Mobile.
Best wish for this Site.:)

tiaziz

Asalaamu alaikum

The pop-up box you refer to is the chat client. You may not be aware that until recently the site was only forums, all of that other stuff (including chat) is part of a big expansion of the site. The brothers are working hard on it, but there are still some corners to be flattened out. So the answer about the pop-up box is have patience, in shaa Allah. I agree it is annoying though.

When you say the site loads intermittently slow, can you give any more information? Is it a time of day, or when you are running other programs maybe? I noticed it can be slow sometimes, though it's not a problem to me. It could have so many different causes though.

I hope these won't spoil your enjoyment of the site.

Wa sallam
Walikum As-salaam
Yes, I understand brother. I wonder if this website using a custom CMS or being developed from scratch. I can cope with this annoyance, insha Allah it will be fixed soon.

I'm sorry, did not notice the time of the day when the site was slow. I will keep an eye on this in near future insha allah and let you know.

Jazak Allahukhairan.