What do I read after Salah?

sistersalina

:salam2:

Dear brothers and sisters. I would like to know is there any special surah that can be read after maghrib prayers and so on. I know we usually will read the normal zikir, but I would like to know if there is any other surah that i can read. Special surah I mean. For example, on friday it is good to read Surah Al-Kahf. So is there any special surah that I can read. Or any special surah that is prestigious to be read on this Rejab month? Thank you.

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

sister only stick to the prescribed Sunnah.

special things for rajab are nothing but innovations.

Allaah's Messenger (sallaallaahu `alaihi wa sallam): "...and beware of newly invented matters, for verily every bid`ah is a going astray."

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As salamu alaikkum my sister, it is from the sunnah to recite Surah Ikhlas, Surah Falaq and Surah Nas after every salah, but after maghrib and fajr, you recite the three surahs three times. It is also known from the sunnah that the prophet muhammed salallahu alaihi wa salam used to recite these three surahs and blow it onto his hands, and wipe all over his body.

I do not know about the month of rajab, but yeah as you said, it is from the sunnah to recite Surah Kahf on friday. From a famous narration it is known that it is very good to recite the last two verses of Surah Baqarah every night. They also recite this in during ruqya.

As you know it is also from the sunnah to recite surah Mulk every night as it is narrated that this surah is a sheild and rescuer which will save the person from the torment of the grave.