What do we say during an earthquake ?

abu'muhammad

Q- What do we say during an earthquake?

A At the time of an earthquake, eclipse, strong wind or flood, (we must) repent to Allah, beseech Him, ask Him for well-being, remember Him a great deal and seek His forgiveness.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said at the time of an eclipse:
“When you see that, then turn to remembrance of Allah and call upon Him and ask for His forgiveness.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
It is also mustahabb (recommended) to show compassion to the poor and needy, and to give charity to them, because the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“Show mercy, you will be shown mercy.” (Ahmad)
And he said: “Those who show mercy will be shown mercy by the Most Merciful. Show mercy to those who are on earth and the One Who is in heaven will show mercy to you.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

And he also said:
“The one who does not show mercy will not be shown mercy.” (Al-Bukhari)
It is related from Umar Bin Abdul Aziz that he used to write to his emirs to give charity when earthquakes took place.

One of the means of being safe and sound from all evils is for those in authority to hasten to restrain the foolish and compel them to adhere to the truth, and to implement the laws of Allah among them, and to enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil, as Allah says:

“The believers, men and women, are Awliyaa’ (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another; they enjoin (on the people) Al?Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al?Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); they perform As-Salaah, and give the Zakaah, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them. Surely, Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.” (Qur’an, 9:71)

“Verily, Allah will help those who help His (Cause). Truly, Allah is All?Strong, All?Mighty. Those (Muslim rulers) who, if We give them power in the land, (they) enjoin Iqamat?as?Salah (i.e. to perform the five compulsory congregational prayers), to pay the Zakaah and they enjoin Al?Ma‘roof, and forbid Al?Munkar (i.e. they make the Qur’an as the law of their country in all the spheres of life). And with Allah rests the end of (all) matters (of creatures).” (Qur’an, 22:40-41)
And there are many verses with similar meanings.

Sheikh Bin Baz; Majmoo’ Fatawa, 9/150-152

Internet Source : SaudiGagette

http://abdurrahmanorg.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/