what does this hadith mean?

auroran

Asalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatu,

Please tell me what does this hadith mean.

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, The Prophet :saw: said:

“None of you should urinate in still water then wash in it.”

(Narrated by both Al Bukhari and Muslim)

Does this mean we can't use toilets? The water in the toilets are still!

:salam2:

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
by my opinion:would somebody urinate in still water and then wash his hands in that dirty water?toilet has still water,but you don't touch it,isn't it?
oh,maybe I'm wrong,:lol:

auroran

^^^^^LOL I thought the same thing until I read below though...

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, The Prophet (May Allah’s peace and blessings be upon Him) said:

“None of you should urinate in still water then wash in it.”

(Narrated by both Al Bukhari and Muslim)

Benefits taken from the Hadeeth:

1. The impermissibility of urinating in still water.(it just ends there!) So even more so is the impermissibility of deficating in it wheter it be a little or a lot. This ruling is applicable in all still water except large amounts of water, because its water does not become impure simply because the impurities have touched it.
2. The prohibition of washing in still water by submerging in it, especially for someone who is junub (in a situation of sexual impurities) even if it was not urinated in. This is verified in the narration of Muslim.
3. The permissibility of it in running water, even though it is better to stay away from that.
4. The prohibition of everything that causes hurt and harm.

I just need it to clear because to

arzafar

what's confusing in there? the still water will become najis. so one cannot purify themselves with it.

in a large amount of water like lake or something, it's not a problem as long as you wash hands some distance away.