What does TTI think about an independence Kurdistan?

Rebaz

:salam2:

First of all, I want to apologize if this is wrong section, but couldn't place it under ''News'' since this question have been going on for centuries. For those who don't know about kurds/Kurdistan read here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdistan so now I want your opinions about why the biggest etnic group in the world can't have their own country?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

I think this thread might end up with much argumentation over nationalistic ideas. So, what I think or feel about Kurds I probably wont express.. except for the small fact that vast majority of them are irreligious and extremely nationalistic.

Why dont they have their own country? Just because they are an ethnic group, it does not entitle them to their own country. Otherwise, every ethnic group would be copying the PKK terrorists and blowing innocent people up.

Northern Iraq has large oil reserves. There are cities with many Arabs there, especially as Saddam hussein encouraged ARabs to move there. Kirkuk and Sulemaniye are strategically important and would definitely be among any proposed independent "Kurdistan" state. The Arabs will not allow that.

The Turks will not either.

The USA and UK only care about filling their own pockets... They only speak about human rights according to their interests. Therefore, if they feel they can form a better relationship of poodle and master with the Kurds, and the Kurds better at playing fetch than Arabs, then thats the course they will take. -- They didnt care about Kurds when the British were bombing them in the 1920s, or when handing over chemicals to Saddam Hussein. They certainly do not care about them now.

The fact that any people are waiting and pondering what will be in the political interests of America or Britain, and that their foreign policies can help change any outcome, is a sign of the weakness of the Muslim nations. Money is not an issue. Sincerity and true understanding of Islam is the issue.

Ideally, we should all be respecting and living with each other side by side. We should be treated equally, without anyone thinking what our ethnic background might be. The only thing uniting the Muslims should be the fact they are Muslims. - What we see in places like Iraq, Syria, and Turkey are Muslims who do not care about Muslims. Until this happens, there will never be any good future for any Muslim nation.

wasalaamu alaykum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

As the question was posed for TTI and Brother Mabsoot answered it we are done.

Idris16

Yes good answer by Mabsoot. He was right on saying their might be arguments here. This thread should be closed.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

Yes, I agree. I almost answered this post myself, but I refrained. Allah has put it in my heart not to get involved in anymore meaningless discussions, especially now during Ramadan. I'm trying to become a better man, and that's all I need to worry about right now.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I have also heard the question: Why is there no Balochistan (spelling errorr) independent country?

I just thought i'd put that in.

complex_man

I have also heard the question: Why is there no Balochistan (spelling errorr) independent country?

Wow, i am balochi from Balochistan. actually Balochistan is divided between Pakistan and Iran. Baloch people have suffered too much from Pakistani military and establishment. most balochs actually didn't want an independent state but injustice from Central government of Pakistan has forced most of the balochs to ask for it even though i am not supporter of Azad Balochistan but I want equal rights and Justice for my people. there are thousands of FC and Police posts all along Balochistan. they have made it an Military state. Balochs are treated like sub humans and anti Pakistani. Even though i dont believe in nationalism and i believe in Islam but my people have gone too far. you cant win the hearts and minds of people with force or guns.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Lets keep this positive:

If you open my heart, we all know Gaza is imprinted on it. However, there is also Balochistan. Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away a brother from Balochistan saved my life.
May Allah out of His Mercy give us reconciliation of our hearts and remind us that we are all His Slaves.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Problems of so many ethnic groups without own state both in Asia and Africa comes from time when European countries ruled those area as they colonies. They draw borders without asking opinion from original inhabitants and without proper knowledge of real areas of tribes and ethnic groups.

What else kind of arrogant policy might cause than problems for decades and centuries at the future?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

The Baloch people didn't want to opt for pakistan when the partition plan was announced. They wanted to be a free state. In Quaid-e-Azam made a deal with them. Which was in essence, they will no be neglected as done under the british crown. The loya jirga opted for pakistan on behalf of it's people. Quaid-e-Azam died after a year. Everything was forgotten by the dogs that rule us since.

Consider this. Sui is a gas rich area in Balochistan. It's been providing gas to the whole country evesince it's discovery. But the village itself had no gas till now. SO how about that?

P.S. Excellent posts Akhi Mabsoot and sister Harb.

Rebaz

wa alaykum salam

I think this thread might end up with much argumentation over nationalistic ideas. So, what I think or feel about Kurds I probably wont express.. except for the small fact that vast majority of them are irreligious and extremely nationalistic.

I'm against nationalists actually, it ends up with too much hate and wash away the teaching of Islam, but please brother be careful with your words, a lot of people in KRG are muslims (90%) let's be careful with who we accuse for begin irreligious since muslims by name exists in whole middle-east and Islam is weak over-all, so it's not a fair game to only accuse kurds. We've been loyal to Islam through history (Salahaddin etc) and there are still a lot of loyal muslims among kurds.

dont they have their own country? Just because they are an ethnic group, it does not entitle them to their own country.
We don't have a country because of the europian colony which had promised us together with Turkey to make Kurdistan independence, but later broke their promise, and to not speak about all the crimes the baath-party, arabs commited against innocent kurds, did they expect kurds to be quiet? The truth is Kurdistan was promised to be a country loads of times, but they lied to us and opressed us...even though the countries that despite us shares same religion as us.

Otherwise, every ethnic group would be copying the PKK terrorists and blowing innocent people up.

Well, the situation of kurds ain't the same and I'm not supporting PKK, I'm kurd from Iraq. But if an ethnic group who have historical evidence they belong in this area, and they are majoirty in that place and demand to be seperated from the country who dosen't share neither language/culture etc with them...what excuse does the tyrans have to opress them? The rest of your post I agree with, but it's funny how we blame UK/USA when we should focus on ourselves and our corrupted leaders since they let themselves be controlled by USA/UK, and a lot of our own people kiss up to them.