what du'a to say when looking in a mirror

yafash

:salam2:
i was listening to a lecture and i heard there is a du'a one should say when looking into a reflection of ones self, is this true and what is it, with evidence pls.
:wasalam:

Ayep

Dua on seeing One's face in the Looking Glass

i was listening to a lecture and i heard there is a du'a one should say when looking into a reflection of ones self, is this true and what is it, with evidence pls.

I found this in my book of dua's I have called Prayers of the Prophet(S.A.W.) by Bilal Books. Translated by M.Abdul Hameed Siddiqi.

The dua goes like this:
Allahuma anta hassanta khalqe fa hassin khuluqi.

Meaning:
O Allah! Thou made my physical contitution quite good,make my disposition good too.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

yafash

jazakallahu khairan

I found this in my book of dua's I have called Prayers of the Prophet(S.A.W.) by Bilal Books. Translated by M.Abdul Hameed Siddiqi.

The dua goes like this:
Allahuma anta hassanta khalqe fa hassin khuluqi.

Meaning:
O Allah! Thou made my physical contitution quite good,make my disposition good too.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

jazakallahu khairan,
i believe that is it, thank you very much.

samiha

---------
Staff member
I don't know, but mirrors aren't the only things that show reflection.

So do ponds, lakes, streams, etc.

were there mirrors in our prophets pbuh time ?

The first mirrors were out of copper, money or gold.
But most current were manufactured bronzes some as in old Egypt, or in Greece and ancient Rome. Starting from XIIIe century, coarse types of mirrors out of glass appeared in Europe, first of all in Venice. These mirrors were composed of a surface of glass to which was applied a polished money or lead plate. The method of tinning was developed in XVe century: it consisted in covering a glass plate of a tin and mercury amalgam. One covered the surface of tinfoil sheets, which were sandpapered, smoothed and covered with mercury. Then, one firmly maintained a wool rag on surface using an iron mass during approximately a day. One inclined then the plate glass in order to remove mercury in excess: appeared then a glossed surface. In 1836, the German chemist Justus von Liebig was the first to cover glass with a money solution. Various methods were developed since, using the reduction of a money salt in a metal salt.

Taken from Encarta 2006 and translated from french to english.