What have you done with what you learnt?

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
On the authority of Mālik bin Dinār who said, “Abud Dardā’ said, ‘Whoever increased in knowledge, increased in pain (of being answerable to Allāh سبحانه و تعالى).’ And in the narration of Sa’īd, ‘And I don’t fear that it will be said to me, “O’ ‘Uwaymir (Abud Dardā’ himself) what did you learn?” Rather I fear that it will be said to me, “O’ ‘Uwaymir what have you done with what you learnt?” [Kitāb az-Zuhd 1/265 of al-Imām Abū Dāwūd رحمه الله]

haakym

love
On the authority of Mālik bin Dinār who said, “Abud Dardā’ said, ‘Whoever increased in knowledge, increased in pain (of being answerable to Allāh سبحانه و تعالى).’ And in the narration of Sa’īd, ‘And I don’t fear that it will be said to me, “O’ ‘Uwaymir (Abud Dardā’ himself) what did you learn?” Rather I fear that it will be said to me, “O’ ‘Uwaymir what have you done with what you learnt?” [Kitāb az-Zuhd 1/265 of al-Imām Abū Dāwūd رحمه الله]

Asalaamu alayakum,

JazakAllah khayr for the reminder, sister where did you get this quote from and do you know if there is a English translation of kitab az zuhd? I was looking for a quote from there for a long time by muath ibn jabal rahimullah.

Wassalaam