what is shiaism?

salek

assalamu alaikum. i had no idea about shiaism before, i just knew they were one of the sects of islam, i love and respected them like my brother and sister in islam. my wife is a converted muslim, once i came to know that she has got a new friend at school who is a shia believer. she started to give dawah to my wife about shiaism and there the problem goes. i got worried since them i started to learn about shiaism. Masallah, one of my brother in islam gave me a good link to know about shiaism. i watched a lot of documentaries, videows and other programs but this site is the best one i have ever found. whatever i learnt about shiaism it's totally shocking! you can check this website to know the characteristics of shiaism .

http://www.discoveringislam.org/Shia_&_monotheism.htm

i pray may Allah allmighty give them hidayah to realize the truth. (ameen)

ivonne

Salam,

I just wnated to say please have a look on a Shia website aswell or maybe you find a neutreal website as of coruse if you would have a look on soem Shia website you would less liekly find any good things ablut Sunnis even though most things are untrue or just opinions of some people. Try to fidn people themsleve and talk to them talk to Shia and not only one as even many Sunnis have differetn opinions. My point is unfortuntly the reality is that everybody wnats to make the other one loom bad just like non muslim talk bad and say lies about islam and muslim whcih Im sure all of you alreasy heard many horrible untrue things and people believe it just ebcause they enevr even really talked to a muslim or know about Islam form Islamic webistes. So please inform yourself on all sides of the story as we think we should respcet each other and understand and then everybody can live respectfuly and happy and in peace with each other as the muslim community ih whole as enough troubles we dotn need even more with each other.
Salam