What is Sikhism and why is it here?

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum dearos. :hijabi:

I have a question about the religion called Sikhism.

So we all know that there can be no Prophet/Messenger after Muhammad (peace be upon him) as it has been stated in the Qur'an and every Muslim knows this.

I studied Sikhism a bit before I became Muslim and I couldn't find the root of their doctrine. To be honest it seems like a monotheistic spin off of Hinduism and a mix of pure Punjab culture and traditions. But I don't understand why all these other wannabe prophets pop up claiming to have divine truth and also what happens to these people (Sikhs, Baha'is/Babbis, etc), in the Hereafter? They claim monotheism yet they are not from Abraham (peace be upon him) and they were developed after Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Also, are they jealous of the success of the spread of Islam?

I heard they don't like Islam yet take verses from the Qur'an and Bible and poems from Hindu scripture and add it to their book. :girl3:

Also, why do they put their book on a bed like it is a human going to sleep??

sachin4islam

Walikum Assalam:

You have picked up a good question. I never understand whether Sikhism is monotheistic religion or not?. Their sacred scripture ''Guru granth Sahib" at the very beginning speaks of one true,absolute,eternal Creator. But you can see them worshiping pictures of their founder "Guru Nanak" and nine other successive religious/spiritual preachers.

Regards.

Sakeena

That is so true Sachinislam! Thanks for replying brother. :)

also I was watching this video about the Rafidah Shia (I promise I am going somewhere with this) and at the end of the video it show images from all religions (except for Islam of course where there are no graven images). It showed Ganeesha the elephant idol in Hinduism, an image of Jesus on the cross from Christianity, a statue of Buddha, a picture of guru nanak, and even the Rafidah Shia's god-like image of Hussain! All worshipped by these polytheists!

There are many other so-called religions out there that promote idolatry (Shinto religion's Maneki Neko (or Beckoning Cat), Jainism, etc...

:astag:

(may Allah protect us and keep us away from such shirk)!! amin

:tti_sister:
!

John Smith

I read somewhere the the sikh guru was in fact a muslim? i know he is buried in lahore ,pakistan,i hear from people he even travelled for hajj,their holy book refrences makkah & ayatul kursi too.

Would be very intresting to find clear information on the subject.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Before I turned to Islam, my last girl friend was a sikh girl..through her and other sikh friends I've been to their gurdwara (temple) and followed them praying... actually they do sujood like we do but they do in front of their "guru grant sahib" (their holy scripture), like worshipping the giant book, however my sikh friends claimed he is not worshipping the book. Interior and exterior of their gurdwara resemble our masjid, no idols except you may see their gurus picture. And it is requirement for all to cover their head before entering the temple. I've asked many sikh bhai, they all deny that sikhism is collection of Islam and Hinduism.. but I think it is a mixed of Islam, hinduism and punjabi culture. On the claimed that Guru Nanak did pilgrimage to Makkah, I told my sikh friend that I believe Guru Nanak is a Muslim, because only Muslim can enter Masjidil Haraam. He denied and refused to believe. So I gave him another theory, Guru Nanak is not a Muslim and therefore he never been to Makkah… there are people misleading the sikh. To which, he refused to believe both theories. I’m not sure whether he is a Muslim or not but he is certainly not prophet because no prophet will come after Prophet Muhammad (sallallah alaihiwassallam).

I like their vegetarian food serve almost daily in their temple for free. It is very healthy food and delicious.

The last time I remember we have one sikh bhai in our forum, perhaps he can tell us more and we can have discussion here.

bmw540i

Salaams,

Sikhism is a mixture of Islam and Hinduism with a mix of Sufism.They mixed all this together and added a little of Indian culture.

In other words they are neither here nor there.Mix masala.
Yes they hate the Muslims as they occupy all the top positions in the Indian military and have been instrumental in killing several thousands of Muslim.

azad.ahmed

At the time of Guru Nanak's death there
were no Sikhs as known today. At his
funeral only Muslims and Hindus were
present and both demanded the body
of Guru Nanak. Hindus wanted to burn
it as they claimed that he was born into a Hindu family. Muslims wanted to bury
the body because they claimed he had
converted to Islam and hence should be
buried in an Islamic fashion and an
Islamic funeral prayer should be carried
out. Today Muslims present this as one of the arguments in favour of the claim
that Guru Nanak was a Muslim as
Muslims do not offer the Islamic funeral
prayer for anyone who is not a Muslim regardless of his worldly position.Sikhism as known today was started
around 200 years after the Gurus death. Guru Nanak did not teach the 5 k's of
Sikhism. These were introduced by the
10th Guru, Guru Gobind Singh, who also
introduced the element of militancy
into Sikhism. They claim that Guru
Gobind Singh had political problems with the Moghuls (who were Muslims)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

Sikhism arose out of marriage of the sufi movement in India and the bhakti movement(hinduism offshoot),it is not really a religion but a set of ideas borrowed from here and there,an amalgamation of sufism and hinduism.They wear 5 k's as an oath to protect the community from muslims :SMILY231: and not to take it off until the entire muslims are vanquihed,they still wear it.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatu

Have a look at this site http://www.islam-sikhism.info/hist/rebel01.htm

What is Sikhism? Sikhs claim to believe in one God without partners. Some people claim that the Sikhs actually believe in Islam. Is this true?
Answered by
Sheikh Ahmad al-Qâdî, research fellow at al-Imam University
Sikhism, which developed during the early 16th century in the state of Punjab in North India, is an admixture of Islamic and Hindu elements in addition to other teachings devised by their leaders. Certainly they are not Muslims. From the onset of their religion, they have openly declared their disavowal of Islam.

In their prayers, they recite: “I do not follow the religious ways preached by various religions believing in Ram, Mohammed, Puran or Qur'an.”

The founder of this sect, Guru Nanak, proclaimed that he had seen Allah and that Allah had commanded him to call people to this new religion.

He permitted his followers to drink liquor and eat pork. However, he forbade them beef in deference to the Hindus.

When this sect ruled Punjab in the eighteenth century, they severely oppressed and persecuted the Muslims. During the English occupation of India, they were loyal to the British and many of their menfolk were part of the largest British army ever assembled. This army had as one of its primary purposes the suppression of Muslim liberation movements.

Regarding their claim that they believe in one God, we would say that this does not mean they are Muslims, until the actually worship Allah alone in accordance with the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).