What is the topic of today's Friday Sermon at your Masjid?

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

In our Masjid, I gave a sermon about Corruption.

Wassalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Wa alaikum as salam wa rahmathullah wa barakathu!!

Masha Allah you are an imaam.Thats nice

Well in my place the Jumu'ah khutbah was on ‘Appreciating Allah’s Blessings’.

jazakallah khairan

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Alhamdulillah, nice topic!

If I understood correctly, 30 different things one might be granted Jannah for, and 5 just for Sisters

strive-may-i

Wassalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Walaikum Ssalaam warahmathullaahi wabarakatuh,

Would be nice, if you could, in brief...

Did you limit it to the corruption of government alone?!

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
I'm curious now..

You made me google for the hadith, :jazaak:

"If a woman prays her five (daily prayers), fasts her month (i.e. Ramadan), guards her private parts, and obeys her husband, it will be said to her, 'Enter Paradise through whichever of the gates of Paradise you wish.'" [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Not sure why I thought there were 5 things. Apologies for that. I ought to make notes more often.

xAllahKnowsBestx

You made me google for the hadith, :jazaak:

"If a woman prays her five (daily prayers), fasts her month (i.e. Ramadan), guards her private parts, and obeys her husband, it will be said to her, 'Enter Paradise through whichever of the gates of Paradise you wish.'" [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Not sure why I thought there were 5 things. Apologies for that. I ought to make notes more often.

JazaakAllaahu khayr, that's a motivating hadeeth.

IbnAdam77

MashaAllah nice topics. :)

Walaikum Ssalaam warahmathullaahi wabarakatuh,

Would be nice, if you could, in brief...

Did you limit it to the corruption of government alone?!

The Khutbah was written by an 'Ulama here, and I just gave it. I am not a scholar myself yet. :)

It was about the corruption in the community, including government and other areas. Not corruption of hearts this time.

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله

Masya Allah, Baarakallahu feek brother. How do you feel when giving khutbah? Do you feel nervous? I gave khutbah myself a couple of times but still traumatized by some of the experiences lol. I think in the future i'll just settle being a writer instead of a preacher.

Okay to the topic at hand. In our masjid usually the khutbah is revolve around basic stuffs, like reminding about taqwa, establishing prayers, or encouraging people to go and read the Quran and study its meanings, and make the Quran as a guidance for life. This country maybe has the largest muslim population in the world, but sadly most of them are muslims by name only.

IbnAdam77

Masya Allah, Baarakallahu feek brother. How do you feel when giving khutbah? Do you feel nervous? I gave khutbah myself a couple of times but still traumatized by some of the experiences lol. I think in the future i'll just settle being a writer instead of a preacher.

You are from Indonesia. MashaAllah! No brother I do not feel nervous when giving Khutbah Alhamdhulillah. Even on the first time, I did not feel that. Maybe because being in front of people and talk is a usual thing of my life as I am a teacher. However, I felt nervous when I first entered a classroom to teach. By the way, if you do not mind me asking, how old are you?

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
I'm 24 brother. Yes i'm from Indonesia. How can you tell/ not tell? lol not sure what i'm saying.

Oh your a teacher? that explains. Plus i think that maybe your just outgoing than i am.

I teach kids who are in grade school and junior high tahfizh Quran myself, but being in the class and on the podium feels very different, for me at least.

IbnAdam77

Always remember to recite the following Du'a when you stop near a Podium.

Allahumma Rabbish-rahlee Sadree, Wa Yassirlee Amree, Wahlul 'Uqdatan Min Lisaany, Yafqahoo Qawly!

:)

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
I already did that of course brother but it didn't work as intended. Maybe i'm just not get used to it yet, and have to do it more often.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

Our masjid had the topic of shirk in our khutbah.
Ma sha' Allah bro,ur topic was nice.
BarakAllahu feek.

sister purified

Always remember to recite the following Du'a when you stop near a Podium.

Allahumma Rabbish-rahlee Sadree, Wa Yassirlee Amree, Wahlul 'Uqdatan Min Lisaany, Yafqahoo Qawly!

:)
:salam2: brother , if u please wouldnt mind, would u type the english translation of the dua too... ? i find it difficult to study without understanding the meaning.. :) jazakaAllah

Ershad

:salam2: brother , if u please wouldnt mind, would u type the english translation of the dua too... ? i find it difficult to study without understanding the meaning.. :) jazakaAllah

It is the du'a of Musa 'alayhi salam.

قَالَ رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي

[Moses] said, "My Lord, expand for me my breast [with assurance]

وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي

And ease for me my task

(Surah Taha : 25-26)

IbnAdam77

Wa'alaikumussalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Here is the translation sister.

O my Lord! Expand me my breast, Ease my task for me, And remove the impediment from my speech, So they may understand what I say.

Also in Arabic, رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh