What is your favorite verse of the Quran?

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free
:salam2:

salaam Brothers and Sisters.

What is your favorite Verse from the Quran?

Mine is:

''And hold firmly to the rope of God, all of you, and do not be separated. And remember God's blessing upon you when you were enemies and He united your hearts, then you became with His blessing as brothers; and you were on the verge of a pit of fire and He saved you from it; it is thus that God clarifies for you His signs that you may be guided.'' - Surah Aal Imran 3:103

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Al-Baqarah, 2:286:

"On no soul doth God Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray) "Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith."

The bolded part especially always gives me strength when faced with trials - it tells us that it's an honor to be tried by God, because in a way, Allah puts His full trust in *us* and already knows that we can get through any specific trial, and only then does the trial take place for us.

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free

very interesting!

Oh cool someone else from Ohio? I never expected :D

Heres a couple other verses :) (Oh, and I really like the verse above that Tabassum07 posted :D)

''If Allah helps you, none can overcome you. If He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in Allaah (alone) let believers put their trust.'' - Surah 3:160

''He (Allaah) is the First and the Last, and the Outward and the Inward; and He is Knower of all things.'' - Surah Al-Hadid 57:3

sachin4islam

Assakam Alaikum:

Quran is word of Allah. Each and every verse of Quran delivers the message it has been sent for. How can we categorize some verses more beautiful than other. Word of Allah is simple,direct,straight and its each and every verse is utmost beautiful. May be we comprehend different verses differently within Islamic fold.

tariq353

salaam Brothers and Sisters.

What is your favorite Verse from the Quran?

Wa alaikum as salam wa rehmatulla'hu wa barkatuhu

Brother however its really hard just to point one verse...cz the more i read n think over verses.......its difficult to pen down how i actually feel. :)

yet one verse has helped me in kicking out all wrong things/traditions no matter who so ever is doing that,,,,,,,,,,,,

AND THAT IS MY SIGNATURE

wa salam
:)

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam!

The verse I chose is quite long but my heart melts whenever I read it.

Verily, (during the worldly life) those who committed crimes used to laugh at those who believed. (29) And whenever they passed by them, used to wink one to another (in mockery); (30) And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting; (31) And when they saw them, they said: "Verily, these have indeed gone astray!" (32) But they (disbelievers, sinners) had not been sent as watchers over them (the believers). (33) But this Day (the Day of Resurrection) those who believe will laugh at the disbelievers[] (34) On (high) thrones, looking (at all things). (35) Are not the disbelievers paid (fully) for what they used to do? (36)

Just to note, I feel so happy when I read this because I know kaffirs mock the beard or niqaab etc.

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free
Wa alaikum as salam wa rehmatulla'hu wa barkatuhu

Brother however its really hard just to point one verse...cz the more i read n think over verses.......its difficult to pen down how i actually feel. :)

yet one verse has helped me in kicking out all wrong things/traditions no matter who so ever is doing that,,,,,,,,,,,,

AND THAT IS MY SIGNATURE

wa salam

Brother I did not mean ''what is the best verse'', but I mean which verses have a personal meaning to you? The one I mentioned in my first post is one that really associates with me.

''And hold firmly to the rope of God, all of you, and do not be separated. And remember God's blessing upon you when you were enemies and He united your hearts, then you became with His blessing as brothers; and you were on the verge of a pit of fire and He saved you from it; it is thus that God clarifies for you His signs that you may be guided.'' - Surah Aal Imran 3:103

I used to be an athiest, and I am entirly thankful to Allah subhana wa ta'ala for guiding me to the Truth!

'' And remember God's blessing upon you when you were enemies and He united your hearts'' I used to be an enemy to Islam (when I was athiest)

''and you were on the verge of a pit of fire and He saved you from it''
Most surely He saved me from the pits of hell. I love Allah subhana wa ta'ala, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful.

''it is thus that God clarifies for you His signs that you may be guided.''
This assures me of my faith in Allah, he clarifys all of his signs for me to be guided. O what an amazing god Allah subhana wa ta'alla is!!
ALLAHU AKBAR SUBHAN ALLAH!!!!

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things.(24:35)

:ma:Beautiful!! Although its hard to narrow it down to just one!!:blackhijab:

tariq353

Brother I did not mean ''what is the best verse'', but I mean which verses have a personal meaning to you? The one I mentioned in my first post is one that really associates with me.

I used to be an athiest, and I am entirly thankful to Allah subhana wa ta'ala for guiding me to the Truth!

'' And remember God's blessing upon you when you were enemies and He united your hearts'' I used to be an enemy to Islam (when I was athiest)

''and you were on the verge of a pit of fire and He saved you from it''
Most surely He saved me from the pits of hell. I love Allah subhana wa ta'ala, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful.

''it is thus that God clarifies for you His signs that you may be guided.''
This assures me of my faith in Allah, he clarifys all of his signs for me to be guided. O what an amazing god Allah subhana wa ta'alla is!!
ALLAHU AKBAR SUBHAN ALLAH!!!!

:wasalam:

hei brother Matthew......i get u properly... :)

N i m thankful to Allah that he opened ur heart.......:)

n thanks to u for this thread cz i m noting down the verses which i shall use as a SMS...

Jazak allah khair..

wa salam

"A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in God." - Francis Bacon.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
Ibn Katheer said, 'His companion (qareen) will say' Ibn Abbas (radhi allahu anhu), Mujahid, Qatadah and others said, 'this refers to the Shaytan who is appointed to accompany him. 'Our Lord! I did not push him to transgression' means, he will disown that person on the Day of Judgment, and will say, 'Our Lord! I did not push him to transgression' meaning, I did not lead him astray. 'but he was himself in error far astray' means, he was misguided in himself, receptive to falsehood and resistant to the truth as Allah says elsewhere, 'And Shaytan will say when the matter has been decided, 'Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, and you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your past acts of associating me as a partner with Allah (i.e., Shirk by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers).' [Soorah Ibraheem (14): 22]

my comment:

reason why i love this verse because it proves what we do wrong is not to be blamed on the shaytan though it is his fault but we are always responsible because we have control over our own body and decisions and desires and addictions etc.

on the day of judgement day, when man and women blame the shaytan for their actions / sins, and the shaytan will say do not blame me but blame yourself. oh Allah, help us to decrease our desires to prevent us from lacking religion and bring us closer to you and guide us, shaytan has no control over us, so make us stronger and make us see that we can control ourself and our actions and help us to make right decision.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
verses 22-24 quran sura 59

He is Allah, than Whom there is no other God, the Knower of the Invisible and the Visible. He is the Beneficent, Merciful. (22) He is Allah, than Whom there is no other God, the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One, Peace, the Keeper of Faith, the Guardian, the Majestic, the Compeller, the Superb. Glorified be Allah from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him). (23) He is Allah, the Creator, the Shaper out of naught, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifieth Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise. (24)

twas19

۞ رَبِّ قَدْ آتَيْتَنِي مِنَ الْمُلْكِ وَعَلَّمْتَنِي مِن تَأْوِيلِ الْأَحَادِيثِ ۚ فَاطِرَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ أَنتَ وَلِيِّي فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ ۖ تَوَفَّنِي مُسْلِمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ ١٢:١٠١

My Lord, You have given me [something] of sovereignty and taught me of the interpretation of dreams. Creator of the heavens and earth, You are my protector in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die a Muslim and join me with the righteous."

twas19

[وَتَرَى الْمَلَائِكَةَ حَافِّينَ مِنْ حَوْلِ الْعَرْشِ يُسَبِّحُونَ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّهِمْ ۖ وَقُضِيَ بَيْنَهُم بِالْحَقِّ وَقِيلَ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ [٣٩:٧٥

And you will see the angels surrounding the Throne, exalting [Allah] with praise of their Lord. And it will be judged between them in truth, and it will be said, "[All] praise to Allah, Lord of the worlds."

twas19

وَالْمَلَكُ عَلَىٰ أَرْجَائِهَا ۚ وَيَحْمِلُ عَرْشَ رَبِّكَ فَوْقَهُمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ ثَمَانِيَةٌ ٦٩:١٧

And the angels are at its edges. And there will bear the Throne of your Lord above them, that Day, eight [of them].

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
۞ رَبِّ قَدْ آتَيْتَنِي مِنَ الْمُلْكِ وَعَلَّمْتَنِي مِن تَأْوِيلِ الْأَحَادِيثِ ۚ فَاطِرَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ أَنتَ وَلِيِّي فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ ۖ تَوَفَّنِي مُسْلِمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ ١٢:١٠١

My Lord, You have given me [something] of sovereignty and taught me of the interpretation of dreams. Creator of the heavens and earth, You are my protector in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die a Muslim and join me with the righteous."

i love this verse, its so beautiful :ma:. so many beautiful verses in the quran, its hard to choose. but all the verse our brothers and sisters posted, mashallah they really touched my heart, and you get this feeling of proud, proud to be a muslim and able to share these verses and belief.

thank you this dua in the verse you posted.

i aso love the words which are at the end of a verse or surah, but im not sure what surah or verse its from. but the words are 'Allah is our protecting friend' it makes me so happy when he uses the word friend, because his our lord and his our friend. when im down, i call for my friend and pour my heart out. Allah, he is our friend. does anyone know which surah or verse these words are from?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Mine is 113

Sorry I have Quran only by Finnish and by arabic and I can´t write arabic by my computer and most of you wouldn´t understand Finnish... so just 113.

:tti_sister:

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
Indeed. I once heard a sheikh say that without Satan there would not have been evil in the world! Forgetting that God tells us to seek refuge in Him from "the evil of the retreating whisperer, who whispers in the hearts of people, from the sprites and from people." (114:4-6). Not only that, but one aspect of our souls is called in the Quran "commanding of evil" (Al-Ammaaratu bis-Soo'), so even if all other people were good, we ourselves may still commit evil deeds.

subhan allah, the impact shaytan has on us and yet Allah has still given us control over this impact and yet like you said 'we ourselves may still commit evil deeds'

it is very hard to keep satan away from us because of desires and commands / duties in this world, i hope Allah will forgive us and understand how hard it is for us to constantly do good without bad deeds. we are not perfect, Allah knows that and is therefore forgiving. he loves us so much and guides us and yet despit the bad actions we do in our lifes, he still loves us and forgives us. we are humans and find it hard to forgive someone or let someone who did something bad to you or said something bad, it is hard to let this pass and still love that person. i myself, always forgive people no matter what they do to me, but some and alot of people just dont and if only they saw and knew how forgiving Allah is and how much he loves us and if he was to punish us for everytime we listened ot shaytan, then we would probably be in hell fire. if it wasnt for his forgiveness and love for us, none of us would have his guidance and protection.

when you said our souls is called in the Quran "commanding of evil" is that mean the same as saying 'our souls have control over evil'. if we didnt have control, subahallah, shatan would have eaten up our lives. thank allah for the control. and yet we still do not use it always.