On November 18 the TEN DAYS begin
According to the Prophet, sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam, who said, "There is no day more honorable in Allah's sight and no acts more beloved therein to Allah than those in these ten days (of Dhul-Hijjah)"
In these first 10 days of the Month of DhulHijjah we find:
...the 9th day is the day of Arafah,
...and the 10th day is Eid.
Even if you are not traveling for Hajj, you can still put in extra effort to do more good deeds.
What sort of extra good deeds can you do?
1. Fasting these 10 days
2. Giving more charity during these 10 days
3. Say the "Eid" Takbeers loudly wherever you go. (Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Laa ilaaha illa Allah. Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Walillaahil hamd.)
4. Try to pray more prayers in the Masjid
5. Increase ties of kinship (visit family, say kind words to them, etc.)
6. Perform more voluntary prayers at home
7. Read more Quran, contemplating the meanings
8. Do more Dhikr
9. Ask for forgiveness more frequently