WHAT SHOULD I DO IN THOSE TEN DAYS?

hassana elkoussi

On November 18 the TEN DAYS begin​

According to the Prophet, sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam, who said, "There is no day more honorable in Allah's sight and no acts more beloved therein to Allah than those in these ten days (of Dhul-Hijjah)"

In these first 10 days of the Month of DhulHijjah we find:

...the 9th day is the day of Arafah,
...and the 10th day is Eid.

Even if you are not traveling for Hajj, you can still put in extra effort to do more good deeds.

What sort of extra good deeds can you do?
1. Fasting these 10 days
2. Giving more charity during these 10 days
3. Say the "Eid" Takbeers loudly wherever you go. (Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Laa ilaaha illa Allah. Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Walillaahil hamd.)
4. Try to pray more prayers in the Masjid
5. Increase ties of kinship (visit family, say kind words to them, etc.)
6. Perform more voluntary prayers at home
7. Read more Quran, contemplating the meanings
8. Do more Dhikr
9. Ask for forgiveness more frequently

HAPPY EID

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu alaikum

thanks for sharing your knowledge and like the brother said jzk for the reminder!

azmirush

:salam2:
Thank you for the info. I never knew that..after all these years, the ten days of Zulhijjah. I'm glad I'm in this website... hopefully I will learn more. Thanks again.

hassana elkoussi

:salam2:
Thank you for the info. I never knew that..after all these years, the ten days of Zulhijjah. I'm glad I'm in this website... hopefully I will learn more. Thanks again.

You're welcome, brother. I'm glad this was new infrmation to you. Alhamdulillah the post was beneficial to someone, not just a reminder.
HAPPY EID TO ALL INSHALLAH

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
assalamualaikum.

should we begin the ten days of fasting starting from 29th zulqe3dah or 1st of zulhijja? I am still confused about this

jazakumullah kheran. happy eid inshaallah.

hassana elkoussi

assalamualaikum.

should we begin the ten days of fasting starting from 29th zulqe3dah or 1st of zulhijja? I am still confused about this

jazakumullah kheran. happy eid inshaallah.

As-salamu alaku dear sister,

Actually the fasting starts on the on the 1st of Dhul-Hijja, so it's only limitd to nine days. it's the rest of the righteous deeds that are to be done during the ten days. Have a look at this from Islam QA

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast on the first nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah. It was narrated from Hunaydah ibn Khaalid from his wife, that one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast on the first nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah and the day of ‘Ashoora’, and three days each month, the first Monday of the month and two Thursdays. Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 4/205 and by Abu Dawood; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2/462.

Salam:SMILY139: