what should I do

Islam lover

dear brothers and sisters this will be my first Xmas as a Muslim I need advice on how to properly deal with it because everywhere I go I see Xmas things your help and support would be much apreciated

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
dear brothers and sisters this will be my first Xmas as a Muslim I need advice on how to properly deal with it because everywhere I go I see Xmas things your help and support would be much apreciated

:salam2:

on a personal level it isn't very difficult issue to deal with. it does become a bit difficult when you are dealing with non muslim family. i try to keep in my mind that i'm not missing anything by not celebrating christmas. i am honest when people ask me as to whether or not i celebrate christmas. i tell them no. no one ever really questions why i don't celebrate it. especially, here in america because the nation is so diverse in terms of religion. your family is still going to buy you christmas gifts no matter what, it's just something that they are so used to doing. so i wouldn't expect for that to stop. i wish i had better advice for the family situation because that's the most difficult part.

:wasalam:

GAZIJA

Staff member
Esselamu Aleikum

well it should not be so difficult sice is not religious hollyday, it is materialistic hollyday. If you are missing gattering with your family that is different, you could miss them which is normal. but xmas is nothing elsenow day but a good comercial for people to spend more money. Pray to Allah and he will make it easy for you.

I remember when one bosnian catolic converted to islam and he wanted to go back to bosnia to visit his family for xmas. His family did not know about him becoming a muslim, so he was kinde of scared what will he do. He cant eat pork and they do it for xmas or go to church, but what will he say:SMILY27:
When the time came for the big day they went to buy pork in the city but somehow they could not finde it because it was sold, since there was not enough to be sold, so they bought chicken instead:SMILY149: when they were ready to go to church, they got there but it was full so they stayed outside:laughing-dancing: Allah saved that brother from the unconfortable situation, so be passionate brother and Inshallah u will be ok

aisha-uk

Salam Alaikum brother

Being a convert in December is always hard in the beginning.. Especially if u have good childhood memories, are from a close family and so on.. I haven't had much trouble in forgetting about christmas until this year, my oldest daugther has become so facinated of christmas, it kind of brought me back to my childhood..
Anyway what i did was to give this Eid a full blast with decoration, gifts and good food, MashaAllah, and it helped, not once was christmas mentioned, Alhamdulillah..
I like this time of year with all the decoration there is, i don't see anything wrong with that, i don't miss the religious side of things, but i do miss my family alot...

Baharuddin

You can still celebrate Xmas with your dear ones and friends except that you will have to be careful in what you eat, drink or do. Islam does not forbid a Moslem to cut all ties with your relatives and friends. I am from Malaysia where we live in a multi-racial society and we celebrate the festivals of other religions. So go and enjoy youself but just observe the do's and dont's as a Moslem.

naila

well brother i understand yur feeling, i would suggest you stay indoors don't let yourself get tempted i also understand it is hard on you, but if do some zikr surely Allah {swt} will send help inshallah everything will get through smoothly

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalam,

I don't know you all convert feel and i can't image how you all are make through the holidays you use to celebrate before being muslims but may Allah SWT make it easy for you all. Here is my advice...Busy yourself with things so that you will forget about xmas. I would total advice to not watch TV so the process will go smoth inshallah. Doing anything that will get you through the holidays who knows you may find a hobby you will inshallah enjoy and come to love. Good Luck!!