What to do with these "types" of people...

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum my dear brothers and sisters, what should be done to people who go to these anti-islamic sites (made by these so called "ex-muslims") and then refuse to learn the real facts about islam and than propogate the message from these anti-islamic sites as "the true face of islam" to the world...

and even worse.. what happens if you are living with this "type" of a person?
(who also abuses/swears/mocks Allah subhanuwatala and all prophets <peace be upon them> and anything in relation with islam and/or religion)...

(other than butchering them :D)

sypard

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وركاته
i think that if you live with those people, just take care of yourself and your religion
and dont sit with them
and if thes happen dont talk with thim about the religion

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
well you do make a good point - but why is it that these types of people love to shove their idealogies down peoples throat forcefully even when they have clearly responded in the negative? and even then why do these types of people have a lack of tolerance and self-discipline??? and finally why are these people so arrogantly narrow and close minded???

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam

best thing to do is just advice these people about islam and how wrong they are doing and that allah is angry with them and even after that if they dont listen and keep doing you should not communicate with them and do your stuff.the reason i said you should adviice them comes a inspiration from the story of musa when he confronts the phero.in this society you cant comply the shariah law upon them unfortunatly. so the best advice is to keep away from them inshallah .

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
walikumsalam

best thing to do is just advice these people about islam and how wrong they are doing and that allah is angry with them and even after that if they dont listen and keep doing you should not communicate with them and do your stuff.the reason i said you should adviice them comes a inspiration from the story of musa when he confronts the phero.in this society you cant comply the shariah law upon them unfortunatly. so the best advice is to keep away from them inshallah .

Telling them that God is angry with them might make matters worse.

I think just calmly telling them that you disagree, but that it is fine for them to have their own opinions is the best way to go about it. That way, they have no reason to continue talking about it in front of you, as their opinions won't affect you anyways. If they ask about Islam, then tell them what it's like, but doing anything further will just encourage them to continue as they do.

zbhotto

Banned
Why u talk with them?

You should immediately switch off any form of contact with those guys. If you have strong faith how can you continue to live with those guys who consciously chosen to disbelieve. I cannot imagine. Not only you should stop contacting with them you should stop creating threads like this. How do you get benefited by visiting those sites? Today's in friday sermon our imam told us it is haram to get involved with those who live in the west but do not perform salah five times a day. The more you avoid those muslims the better it is for you and your family. I agree with our imam and I never even talk with those whom I do not see in the mosque.

zohaib khan

:wasalam:
well i have already faced this situation when my family saw the movie " Khuda Kay Liyay" and said that music is allowed. so i saw that "Court" part and found answers to all the accusations and told them about it.

I think that the best way to sort this problem is to listen these people, search the truth for them and tell them and debate with them, with "HIKMAT" as Quran says. Then leave them to decide for themselves. If we leave them to their thoughts, and do not help them, I think Allah will punish us too for not following the path of "AMAR BIL MAAROF WA NAHI ANIL MUNKIR".

Peace-&-Love

:salam2:

...I agree with our imam and I never even talk with those whom I do not see in the mosque.

I don't really agree with you when you say this. I am sorry if am stepping over line, but how can you ignore your fellow Muslims especially the ones that need the guidance and the aid the most. How can we as a Muslim Ummmah expect to spread Islam to non-believers when we are not reaching out to those who already believe?

And to you my brother, Ali, I personally think that you should provide them with truth and leave them to be. Many times these kinds of people don't want to really listen. what they are after is a reaction from you. They want you to fight back and sink to their level of behavior and the best way to fight back is by not stasfiying them. I would also tell you to surround yourself with a great Muslim community or a circle of friends because power and confidence comes with numbers. I pray that everything goes well and I hope you all the luck!

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
JazakAllah khair for all your replies my dear brothers and sisters :)

@ zbhotto - I do my utmost best not to talk to this individual (whom I live with) but this person always comes upto me and starts spouting statements left, right and center... I have attempted to distance myself from this person... but my given situation doesnt allow me to do so - and I never visit these anti-islamic sites... it is this individual who does that and starts to spout statements at me... I am getting pretty good and blocking his words out :D but sometimes it just overflows and I need to vent out somewhere :) thats why I make these threads - because I know that someone here has gone through the same ordeal and they have a workable solution. :D:D

@ Peace-&-Love - I have given this individual the truth (which he sniggered at and mocked) and I left him to be... but he just keeps on coming back... and as to everything else that you have said sister I completely agree :D

Forgive me if I hurt/annoyed anyone :(

zbhotto

Banned
NO

I don't really agree with you when you say this. I am sorry if am stepping over line, but how can you ignore your fellow Muslims especially the ones that need the guidance and the aid the most. How can we as a Muslim Ummmah expect to spread Islam to non-believers when we are not reaching out to those who already believe?

Prophet Muhammad saw has said,'' The distinguishig factor between muslim and disbeliever is salah''. If you live in the west and see some muslims whom you never see in mosque, or having boyfriend/girlfriend, or see eating/drinking haram, How can you assure me that they are not nonmuslim? WHo can gurantee me that they did not leave islam, eitheir being athiest or whatsoever? I can talk to them only if I am Dr. Jakir Naik, or Ahmad dedar. I do not have the knowledge to refute the disbeliever. Therefore, If I start talking to them my faith would eventually decay. Therefore, I am very happy to say audubillah himinar shytanir razim whenever I see those guys. SORRY to say this but I do and I will continue to say this.

TO ALI, DO you know why they come to you again and again. Because they come by satan's whisper. Who are the soilders of Satan? They the disbeliver Jinns. Among the Jins the disbeliever Jinns are called devils and they relentlessly try to let muslim in disbelieve. And among the mankind those guys are the solder of satan. It is their obligation, duty towards their Lord SATAN, to come to the pious muslim and disturb them until the disbelieve.

These GUYS are saint of satan. You understand.....Leave them

Peace-&-Love

.. If you live in the west and see some muslims whom you never see in mosque, or having boyfriend/girlfriend, or see eating/drinking haram, How can you assure me that they are not nonmuslim? WHo can gurantee me that they did not leave islam, eitheir being athiest or whatsoever?
Okay then who assures you that the Muslims that come to the Mosque and pray are truly believers and not just there to be seen? Who assures you that they are true believers? Allah (SWT) only knows what is in their heart. Allah only knows why they pray and do what they do. I am not in anyway trying to justify the so called "Muslims by name" but it isn't your role to judge. Have you ever thought your actions are only adding to their distance from Islam. That you might be playing into shatan's plans. I personally know of many that have become more religious because of the ones that surround them. Even though your knowledge might be limited to another it might just be more than they knew. I just hope that your thinking isn't so narrow. I apologize if am being rude, but sometimes we need to re-examine our way of seeing things.

To brother Ali, you are in no way annoying or bothering us. We all need advice and direction in our lives. I am sorry if I haven't been able to give you the solution you need, but I really don't understand what your relationship with this person is. Roommates? Classmates? I have had that kind of person as a friend once. No matter what we spoke of one way or another she always brought up religion and no matter what I said nothing seemed to get through to her. So I used a small fight as a reason to end our friendship and I never spoke to her again! It was weight off my shoulders. Anyways I hope you all the best!

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation

To brother Ali, you are in no way annoying or bothering us. We all need advice and direction in our lives. I am sorry if I haven't been able to give you the solution you need, but I really don't understand what your relationship with this person is. Roommates? Classmates?

This person is my brother.

Peace-&-Love

Well, if your brother is bashing islam becuase he is not one, or because he has lost his way to the right path. Either way, this person is your brother, and it is really hard to let go a relative, no matter how shamful, and mean they get. I would say have a relationship with him..and show him islam is better as you said you have done..but don't interact with him all the time..probably as little as possible... Build your iman as well because these attacks can have an effect and you want to be prepared. if you are old enough, i would suggest that you situate yourself into a better setting, by maybe moving out. other wise be stead fast, and patient...for allah will surely reward you for your character, and well being! Maybe my other sisters and brothers have better advice.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Assalam alaykum wa ramatullahi wa barakatu, brother Ali

I myself have been in a somewhat similiar type of situation InshAllah you will overcome this , my situation was also with a family member (rather not say who) and it sort of kills when you know you are on the right path and you have a family member which has totally gone astray. I suggest the best thing you can do is be humble and kind towards your brother, because he is still your brother no matter what, but don't talk to him about religion at all and do not let him take you away from prayer or recitation of Quran. I am the only moslem in my family, they have all chosen to disbelief, but i believe in my heart if they see me reciting and praying salat they might see me as an example InshAllah they will recognize the truth from falsehood one day. But yes please me kind and paitent towards your brother it is best :)
Peace hope I helped.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalam alaykum wa ramatullahi wa barakatu, brother Ali

I myself have been in a somewhat similiar type of situation InshAllah you will overcome this , my situation was also with a family member (rather not say who) and it sort of kills when you know you are on the right path and you have a family member which has totally gone astray. I suggest the best thing you can do is be humble and kind towards your brother, because he is still your brother no matter what, but don't talk to him about religion at all and do not let him take you away from prayer or recitation of Quran. I am the only moslem in my family, they have all chosen to disbelief, but i believe in my heart if they see me reciting and praying salat they might see me as an example InshAllah they will recognize the truth from falsehood one day. But yes please me kind and paitent towards your brother it is best :)
Peace hope I helped.

/hands over a diet coke.

Walaikumasalam bro that totally helps. Its good to hear somebody who went through a similar ordeal :) JazakAllah khair for posting man. May Allah subhanu'watala make things easy for you, me and all the muslims.ameen.