TurnToIslam WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE DONT EARN HONESTLY?

ali-saaqib1

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE DONT EARN HONESTLY?

Allah is great and pure, free from any short comings, needs etc. For Him the acceptable is pure and nothing else.
The Prophet (saw) said Allah ahs ordered believers same commandments which He has ordered to messengers. Allah’s commandments for the messengers are “O you messenger! Eat of the good things and act righteously.’
( 23:51).

The almightly has also said “O manking eat of which is lawful and good on the earth (2:168)

The above verses throw light on the importance of earning halaal and keeping safe distance from haraam.

Hazrat Anas (RA) asked Prophet (saw) to pray for him so that he may become “Mustajibut Dawaat” ( a person whose prayers and supplications are accepted) Prophet (saw) replied, Yaa Anas! Earn halal and honest living, Allah will grant you whatever you ask for. Keep away for Haraam food, because even a single morsel of i.e small bite of haraam food, invalidates supplications. (At – targheeb)

Haraam food extinguishes light of imaan, and the heart becomes dark. It makes man dull, lethargic and inactive. It leads to corrupt and evil thoughts.

Umar ibn al-Khattab said,
"I see a man that impresses me, so I ask, 'Does he have a profession (through which he earns money)?' So if they say, 'No,' then he falls from my eyes (and I do not respect him)." [4]
So great is the status of halal sustenance that Islam has not looked down upon manual labour. Instead, it has given it a very high place, due to the fact that manual labour is, in general, a very honest profession. The Prophet (SAW|) stated,
"No one has ever eaten any food that is better than eating what his hands have earned. And indeed the Prophet of Allah, Dawud, would eat from the earnings of his hands." [5]

The Companions, too, were careful about how they earned their sustenance. Once, a servant of Abu Bakr's came to him with some food, so he ate from it. The servant then asked him, "Do you know where this came from?" He replied, "From where?" The servant responded, "I practised astrology once in the times of Jahiliyyah — even though I am not an expert in it, except that I managed to trick the other person. [10 ]So he paid me, and gave me what you ate!" Hearing this, Abu Bakr put his finger in his mouth and forced himself to vomit up the food, until there was nothing left in his stomach. [11 ]A similar incident is reported from 'Umar ibn al-Khattab, when he was given some milk by his servant, and then found out that the milk was from the camels that were meant for charity. [12 ]In yet another indication of the piety of the early generations, Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqas, one of the famous Companions of the Prophet (SAW), was once asked, "Why is it that your prayers are responded to, amongst all of the other Companions?" So he replied, "I do not raise to my mouth a morsel except that I know where it came from and where it came out of." [13]
In conclusion, the Prophet (SAW|) gave an example contrasting the person who takes from this world excessively, not caring how he earns his money, with the person who takes from it moderately, ensuring that his earnings are halal. He (SAW) said,
"What I fear for you after me (is) what will be given to you from the magnificence and beauty of this world, except that good never brings about evil. The fruits that are harvested in spring cause death (for the animal that eats it), or brings it close to death, except for the one that eats khadir. [14 ]So when it (the animal) eats this until its stomach is full, it faces the sun and releases its bowels and urinates (i.e., with ease), then pastures again. And verily this money is enticing and sweet.
So how great is the Muslim companion (to it), who gives it to the poor and the orphan and the way-farer. So he who acquires it justly, and puts it in its proper place, then how great a helper it is! But he who takes it unjustly, is like the one who eats but is never satisfied, and it will be a witness against him on the Day of Judgement." [15]
In this beautiful hadith, the Prophet (SAW|) drew a parable between the one who does not care how he earns, but rather takes everything he finds, like the animal that eats from all types of crops in the spring. Spring is the season that gives crops which are generally not suitable for animals to eat. So this is an indication of a greedy person, whose only desire is to increase his or her wealth, regardless of the consequences. Such a person is never satisfied, but rather eats, and eats, and eats, until he or she is destroyed, or is almost about to be destroyed, just like the animal that eats excessively. However, the wise person chooses with care how to earn sustenance, and picks the right types of food to eat. Such a person only takes what is needed, and does not become excessively involved with earning more than the basic needs. Such a person will live a comfortable life, just like the animal that eats the right crop in moderate quantities. Furthermore, such a person will be able to earn more, when the need arises, just like this animal will be able to pasture again when it needs to. How beautiful, then, is this money when earned properly and spent properly! And how evil it is, when earned improperly, and spent improperly!