What would you do in this situation?

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2: my dear akhi :D

Lets start with the basics

Fist of all i would like you remind myself and all my brothers :) and sisters :)that..WHO ARE WE ??? very easy question.. who are we? ..WE ARE MUSLIMS. muslim means one who submits to the will of ALLAH. we submit to ALLAH even if its against our own will, we give up wat we want for the sake of ALLAH. we are slave of ALLAH. we dont change islam to fit in ourself, we change our self to fit in islam. Islam does NOT revolve around our lives. Our lives MUST revolve around ISLAM :)

akhi shaheer :) .. even i faced the same problem.. alhumdulillah my family also muslim but sometimes i do feel like a stranger..because im the only one in my family with a beard... bro :D i would like to highlight some points which will make u happy :D inshallah :) ...

Muslim reported on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (ra) who said that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said:
''Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers.''

Abdullah ibn Masud, said: "the Prophet (saw) said 'Islam began as something strange, and it will revert to being strange as it was in the beginning, so good tidings for the strangers.' Some asked, 'Who are the strangers?' He said, 'The ones who break away from their people (literally, 'tribes') for the sake of Islam.'" (Sahih Muslim, Ibn Majah)

On the authority of Ibn 'Umar, radiyallahu 'anhuma, who said: The Messenger of Allah :saw:, took me by the shoulder and said:

"Be in this world as though you were a stranger or a traveler/wayfarer."
Ibn 'Umar used to say:
"When evening comes, do not expect (to live till) morning, and when morning comes, do not expect (to live till) evening. Take from your health (a preparation) for your illness, and from your life for your death."
[Al-Bukhari]

ya akhi shaheer we are the stangers :D

And when Prophet :saw2: who was well known to his people, we was known
Al Ameen (trustworthy) and Al Sadiq (truthful). when Muhammad :saw2: started his mission by calling people to islam, to worship only one GOD. that day Muhammad :saw2: became a stranger.

dear akhi :). Muhammad :saw: and his companions(r.a) sacrificed their everything they had for the sake of ALLAH. bro think..WHO IS OUR CREATOR? ALLAH IS OUR CREATOR. ALLAH CREATED WHAT IS IN THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH. ALLAH TAKE CARE OF US. EVERYTHING WE HAVE, ALLAH GAVE US.

ALLAH says :-
16_18.gif

If ye would count up the favours of Allah, never would ye be able to number them: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (16:18)

we muslims commit sins day and night.. and still we see so many favours of ALLAH. The Favours of Allah on us are Enormous !!!

my dear akhi :) then why to disobey ALLAH and Muhammad:saw:
first we should obey ALLAH and Muhammad :saw:

ALLAH says:-
4_80.gif

He who obeys the Apostle, obeys Allah: But if any turn away, We have not sent thee to watch over their (evil deeds). (surah an Nisa :verse 80)

Allah warns us not to go against the Prophet (peace be upon him), and states that whoever disobeys him will be doomed to eternal Hell. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “...And let those who oppose the Messenger’s commandment beware, lest some fitnah (trial, affliction, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [24:63]

(surah al imran: verse 31) Say: "If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

(1) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "I have no connection iwth one who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing eg. in grief or affication."
- Reported by Abu Darda (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

(2) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) relates that: "He who imitates the kuffar (non-believers) and dies in that state, he will be raised up with them on the Day of Qiyamat (Judgement)."

(3) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)."
- Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498

(4) "Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard" says Ibn Umar.
- Muslim, Hadith no. 449

----------------------------------------------------------------
A List of Violations

a). A Disobedience to Allah
Shaving the beard is a disobedience to Allah . The ruler of Yemen, appointed by the Persian emperor Kisraa, sent two envoys to the Messenger:saw: to summon him. When they came into his presence, he noticed that they had shaved their beards and grew their moustaches. He hated to look at them (because of their odd appearance) and he said: Woe be to you, who told you to do so? They replied: "Our lord! (referring to Kisraa.)" The Messenger :saw: then said:
But my Lord, may He be exalted and glorified, has commanded me to leave alone my beard and to trim my moustache. [Recorded by Ibn Jar r a-abar , and judged to be Hasan (good) by al-Albani.]

b. A Disobedience To the Messenger:saw:

Shaving the beard is a disobedience to the Messenger:saw: . In many hadiths, the Messenger:saw: commanded men to leave alone their beards. These different hadiths have a similar meaning:

Trim the moustache and save the beard. [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Obeying the Messenger:saw: in that is equivalent to obeying Allah

He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah. [An-Nisaa 4:80]

ya akhi :) .. First u hav to obey ALLAH and Muhammad:saw: then your parents. :subhanallah: today's jummah kutbah was about parents :) .. sheikh said even if your parents tell you to disobey ALLAH then also you should be nice with them, dont even say UF! but you should not be disobeying ALLAH and Muhammad:saw: and obeying your parents. Parents tell you cut your beard. tell them its WAJIB :) with a smile :) . akhi u said ur mom get angry..talk to your mom in very polite way :) ( i hav mentioned some imp points..above.. tell her all those imp points :) ) ... if your mom tell you to shave that ugly beard. tell her mama..im not cutting for the sake of ALLAH :D (wit a smile. akhi :) .. my dad n brother also don't like me to come in front of their friends ( u saw me rite...i mean my beard.. many brother at masjid say that i hav a beautiful beard :D..u also said :) )... and our mothers fear that no woman will marry because of our beard.. we should tell our mom that what kind of a woman wants her husband to look like another woman :lol: (heard this frm a sheikh)

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.)” [ 2:155]

“And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).” [ 51:56]

ALLAH KNOWS BEST..

May Allah guide us to abide by His Deen, and to adhere to His Messenger's Sunnah, and to be among those whom he blessed in both lives.

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

ansari

STRANGER...
The Strangers - Ibrahim Dremali
brother u must listen to this lecture :D

[yt]RuIbdrnWy9c[/yt]

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
oh brother don't u have problems these days...................

stay firm on ur good believes. i've heard allah put those ppl in problems who are closer to him.so u could b the closer one since u started taking interested in ur deen and all.

i don't know akhi but i feel like ur mother is feeling protective of u i think she feels she may lose u.perhaps she is having the fears that u may b under the influence of the ppl who use young boys for evil thing behind the cover of islam.suiciders etc.so why don't you take some other,worldly yet allowed interestes too.like soccer,new hair styles,funky dresses,wrist bands..........stuff wesernised boys do which is not in contradiction to islam.mayb it will help.
unless u haven't tried that already...................
good luck.may allah help.

P.S don't talk too much abt cultural bidah.most parents including mine don't like it verymuch.coz they kno wat u say is true.2ndlypreach those who listen to you.:)

:salam2:
:) mashallah sis ur post put a big smile on my face, and i agree with u but the thing is .... im not that stupid to fall into those traps like i dont meet with weird ppl i barely know many muslims in real life cuz my city there aren't many muslims ppl most of my friends are white ....
about other western stuff :) i lived here alot of my life and i know wat ppl do at my age and those things u r referring to aint one of them .... I do have western interest too :) its not like i dont do that but i rather maintain my islamic learning and learn more about my deen than do other stuff :)
:lol: @ funky hair

and u r right i didn't point at ur parents btw

Akhi shaheer im so sorry to know about your situation:(. But borther as long as you are close to your mother, why dont you talk to her and tell her in a nice way how you feel about the beard and tell her the relation of islam and the beard. It's not a big deal you know. you are a grown up and the beard wont change anything from your personality. Like tell your mom that I am your son wether i was with a beard or without it. I'm still the same! Like yea i dont know..just talk to her alone and disscuss things. The most important thing is to choose the right time to talk! :)

May Allah subhanahu wataala make it easy for you and may allah make your mother love your beard as I pray to allah that you get closer to your mother more than before inshallah!!

JazakAllah khair sister for that beautiful response, :) actually i have already did that i had a long long talk with her, i gave her books, showed her hadith and videos and she didn't say anything for couple of days but again she started and she says im only 21 so im too young for all that

sis the main reason is as brother Podolski described below is it effects their status in society, cuz everyone makes fun of ppl with long beard in Pak, they call them maulvi which means imam but im not sure why it has become a word of disgrace due to the actions of some maulvi.
I feel like its just embarrasing for her and from her style of talking , and since im the oldest son, she wants to marry me to some high society girl who has really high status , probably no religious values for for alot of pakistanis u pray ok thats good enough, no concept of hijab really exist so i feel like thats why she is so mad

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Salaam sweet brother,

Brother your mother is not angry with you. She fears for you. You see it as anger. She sees the hatred in the eyes of the disbelievers and wants to protect you. She does not despise the bread..she is afraid of the pain you will be receiving because of the beard.
You must talk to her and let her know that she has raised an obedient slave of Allah. You fear none but the One Worthy to be Feared.
I will keep you in my dua, always. Son eat sunflower seeds..and the beard may grow a hair or two.

i know sister, she is not angry but her fear comes down as anger , i guess it hurts more cuz i have always loved her so much and she has always supported me and now she is not ... and i guess she feels weird too cuz im not listenning to her in something the 1st time.
I know sis she is afraid that something bad will happen to me in this non muslim country or even in muslim countries but i cant live like a shameful Muslim im a proud muslim

i have tried to convince that but she is a mother i guess and she cant bear to see me in a bad state

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2: my dear akhi :D

Lets start with the basics

Fist of all i would like you remind myself and all my brothers :) and sisters :)that..WHO ARE WE ??? very easy question.. who are we? ..WE ARE MUSLIMS. muslim means one who submits to the will of ALLAH. we submit to ALLAH even if its against our own will, we give up wat we want for the sake of ALLAH. we are slave of ALLAH. we dont change islam to fit in ourself, we change our self to fit in islam. Islam does NOT revolve around our lives. Our lives MUST revolve around ISLAM :)

akhi shaheer :) .. even i faced the same problem.. alhumdulillah my family also muslim but sometimes i do feel like a stranger..because im the only one in my family with a beard... bro :D i would like to highlight some points which will make u happy :D inshallah :) ...

Muslim reported on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (ra) who said that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said:
''Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers.''

Abdullah ibn Masud, said: "the Prophet (saw) said 'Islam began as something strange, and it will revert to being strange as it was in the beginning, so good tidings for the strangers.' Some asked, 'Who are the strangers?' He said, 'The ones who break away from their people (literally, 'tribes') for the sake of Islam.'" (Sahih Muslim, Ibn Majah)

On the authority of Ibn 'Umar, radiyallahu 'anhuma, who said: The Messenger of Allah :saw:, took me by the shoulder and said:

"Be in this world as though you were a stranger or a traveler/wayfarer."
Ibn 'Umar used to say:
"When evening comes, do not expect (to live till) morning, and when morning comes, do not expect (to live till) evening. Take from your health (a preparation) for your illness, and from your life for your death."
[Al-Bukhari]

ya akhi shaheer we are the stangers :D

And when Prophet :saw2: who was well known to his people, we was known
Al Ameen (trustworthy) and Al Sadiq (truthful). when Muhammad :saw2: started his mission by calling people to islam, to worship only one GOD. that day Muhammad :saw2: became a stranger.

dear akhi :). Muhammad :saw: and his companions(r.a) sacrificed their everything they had for the sake of ALLAH. bro think..WHO IS OUR CREATOR? ALLAH IS OUR CREATOR. ALLAH CREATED WHAT IS IN THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH. ALLAH TAKE CARE OF US. EVERYTHING WE HAVE, ALLAH GAVE US.

ALLAH says :-
16_18.gif

If ye would count up the favours of Allah, never would ye be able to number them: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (16:18)

we muslims commit sins day and night.. and still we see so many favours of ALLAH. The Favours of Allah on us are Enormous !!!

my dear akhi :) then why to disobey ALLAH and Muhammad:saw:
first we should obey ALLAH and Muhammad :saw:

ALLAH says:-
4_80.gif

He who obeys the Apostle, obeys Allah: But if any turn away, We have not sent thee to watch over their (evil deeds). (surah an Nisa :verse 80)

Allah warns us not to go against the Prophet (peace be upon him), and states that whoever disobeys him will be doomed to eternal Hell. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “...And let those who oppose the Messenger’s commandment beware, lest some fitnah (trial, affliction, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [24:63]

(surah al imran: verse 31) Say: "If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

(1) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "I have no connection iwth one who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing eg. in grief or affication."
- Reported by Abu Darda (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

(2) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) relates that: "He who imitates the kuffar (non-believers) and dies in that state, he will be raised up with them on the Day of Qiyamat (Judgement)."

(3) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)."
- Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498

(4) "Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard" says Ibn Umar.
- Muslim, Hadith no. 449

A List of Violations

a). A Disobedience to Allah
Shaving the beard is a disobedience to Allah . The ruler of Yemen, appointed by the Persian emperor Kisraa, sent two envoys to the Messenger:saw: to summon him. When they came into his presence, he noticed that they had shaved their beards and grew their moustaches. He hated to look at them (because of their odd appearance) and he said: Woe be to you, who told you to do so? They replied: "Our lord! (referring to Kisraa.)" The Messenger :saw: then said:
But my Lord, may He be exalted and glorified, has commanded me to leave alone my beard and to trim my moustache. [Recorded by Ibn Jar r a-abar , and judged to be Hasan (good) by al-Albani.]

b. A Disobedience To the Messenger:saw:

Shaving the beard is a disobedience to the Messenger:saw: . In many hadiths, the Messenger:saw: commanded men to leave alone their beards. These different hadiths have a similar meaning:

Trim the moustache and save the beard. [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Obeying the Messenger:saw: in that is equivalent to obeying Allah

He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah. [An-Nisaa 4:80]

ya akhi :) .. First u hav to obey ALLAH and Muhammad:saw: then your parents. :subhanallah: today's jummah kutbah was about parents :) .. sheikh said even if your parents tell you to disobey ALLAH then also you should be nice with them, dont even say UF! but you should not be disobeying ALLAH and Muhammad:saw: and obeying your parents. Parents tell you cut your beard. tell them its WAJIB :) with a smile :) . akhi u said ur mom get angry..talk to your mom in very polite way :) ( i hav mentioned some imp points..above.. tell her all those imp points :) ) ... if your mom tell you to shave that ugly beard. tell her mama..im not cutting for the sake of ALLAH :D (wit a smile. akhi :) .. my dad n brother also don't like me to come in front of their friends ( u saw me rite...i mean my beard.. many brother at masjid say that i hav a beautiful beard :D..u also said :) )... and our mothers fear that no woman will marry because of our beard.. we should tell our mom that what kind of a woman wants her husband to look like another woman :lol: (heard this frm a sheikh)

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.)” [ 2:155]

“And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).” [ 51:56]

ALLAH KNOWS BEST..

May Allah guide us to abide by His Deen, and to adhere to His Messenger's Sunnah, and to be among those whom he blessed in both lives.

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

:salam2: ansari bhai

u know wat u said really touched my heart, Thank U so much Inshallah i will commit to memory these things inshallah i will try so i can better answer what everyone says against me but this was such a beautiful detailed reply akhi

May Allah (swt) reward u for every breathe u take and every breathe i take as well - ameen

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Your mom knows what you don't know.:)

You see if you have a beard then you should know all about islam i.e. because whenever someone sees you, the moment they will think you are muslim.Now if you don't know about islam and do wrong things in public then they will think eventually that islam is not a good religion.

Thus i'd say listen to your mom and you can grow beard when you know all about islam and practise the correct way my brother :)

brother, JazakAllah khair for the answer

I understand ur logic, but its not a good logic ... cuz if someone does backbiting u cant tell him oh u r backbiting stop being a muslim cuz u r not representing islam properly.....
similarity someone believes in ALlah (swt) but doesn't pray, well atleast he got something so inshallah may AllaH (swt) bring hiim closer to islam

and i we all say that no we cant grow beard cuz we are not good enough to represent islam well .... we just commited sin by ignoring one of the things wajib in islam ...
im sorry to disagree brother :) hope u dont mind

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
look brother your doing all this just to be close to allah right?....
see, try explaining your mother, if she does not agree..
then shave it off...
see ! you love growin beard but your mom does not...
now, dont go against her will...
shave it off if your mother does not like it...
just for her happiness...
and allah will give you so much ajar for that...
muhammad (s.a.w) itself has said that ' mother comes three times and father comes 1 time'...
so, listen to your mom...
and growin beard is sunnah! alhamdulillah..
but your mother does not want it right?...
so stop growin it....
allah knows your heart, your intention...
so he knows how much you love you beard..
but just for your mom , stop it...
you will get rewarded so much for obeying your mom, and even struggling for beard..
you really did jihaad bro...
congrats...
plz listen to your mom..

slave_of_Allah

look brother your doing all this just to be close to allah right?....
see, try explaining your mother, if she does not agree..
then shave it off...
see ! you love growin beard but your mom does not...
now, dont go against her will...
shave it off if your mother does not like it...
just for her happiness...
and allah will give you so much ajar for that...
muhammad (s.a.w) itself has said that ' mother comes three times and father comes 1 time'...
so, listen to your mom...
and growin beard is sunnah! alhamdulillah..
but your mother does not want it right?...
so stop growin it....
allah knows your heart, your intention...
so he knows how much you love you beard..
but just for your mom , stop it...
you will get rewarded so much for obeying your mom, and even struggling for beard..
you really did jihaad bro...
congrats...
plz listen to your mom..

I would like to mention that you forgot that Allah comes before your parents. To remove the beard isn't going to please Allah, on the day of judgement, no one will help you, not your parents, no one!! A reminder to all.

slave_of_Allah

Akhi, this is the true jihad, and you are very blessed to be in this testing sitation. Never remove the beard, I know you won't, alhamduillah you seem very strong, and i pray that you continue to be strong.

Be patient, and always very kind to your mother, and make du'a that Allah guides your parents. Akhi, understand this. You can become very close to Allah, so take advantage, and keep praying, for there is no better help.

There is so much we can say, but what can we do? Nothing. Only Allah is The One that can make it easy for you, so turn to Him, and keep asking Him for help, because He is The Only One that gets you through the day.

Ya Allah You have chosen this brother to be close to You, to receive many rewards, then let him not go astray, and make him one of those who is patient, so You can give him jannah, and let him understand, and contemplate how much You love him, because You have put him in a difficult time, only because You can give him food, and water from jannah, so You can address him as one of the people of paradise. Ya Allah help this soul to become grateful, and let him be one of those who will stand in Your shade. Aameen!!!!!!!!

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
I would like to mention that you forgot that Allah comes before your parents. To remove the beard isn't going to please Allah, on the day of judgement, no one will help you, not your parents, no one!! A reminder to all.

sister!...
allah surely comes first..
but growin beard is not fard upon brothers , it is only sunnah!..
and when it is sunnah! and still someones mother does not want it to be then..
then obey your mother, dont go against her will, and wish..

why do you want to hurt your mother, when it is not fard(obligatory),by going against her wishes?...
sister if i am wrong then plz correct me...

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
sister!...
allah surely comes first..
but growin beard is not fard upon brothers , it is only sunnah!..
and when it is sunnah! and still someones mother does not want it to be then..
then obey your mother, dont go against her will, and wish..

why do you want to hurt your mother, when it is not fard(obligatory),by going against her wishes?...
sister if i am wrong then plz correct me...

dear sister allah is with me, I think you are getting confused a bit. Let me try my best to clarify.

The *source* of the ruling/command to let the beard grow has come from the Prophet's Sunnah but the *obligation* is fardh (obligatory).

Some scholars have even gone to a level to call the one who shaves the hair off the cheek and chin a 'faasiq'.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.”

After we have a hadeeth so clear as this, we don't have any room for any another opinion as the commands of this hadeeth is very straight forward.

Also with regards to parents, we are ordered to obey them as long as they don't go against the deen. But if they tell us to do something contrary to the deen, then we disobey them.. you may ask why ?

Because in such a case, if you obey your parents and go against the deen, then your parents will be answerable for that sin also. So in this case by disobeying your parents, you are protecting them from sin. SubhanAllah !!

:wasalam:

slave_of_Allah

In the name of Allah, the All-Merciful, the Ever-Merciful

Peace and prayers be upon our master the noblest Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'Akaihi Wasallam.. We praise Allah, thank Him, seek His help, His guidance and forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah from the wickedness of our souls and sinfulness of our deeds. “He whom Allah guides, he is the rightly-guided; but he whom He sends astray, for him you will find no guiding advocate”.

There is a certain circle, if anyone steps inside it, he will be running the risk of exposing himself to Allah's wrath. Do you know what this circle is? It is abandoning salah and being disobedient to our parents.
It is abandoning salah and being disobedient to our parents.
It is abandoning salah and being disobedient to our parents.

Hell has many gates; there is a gate of Hell called “saqar”. Do you know what “saqar” is? Allah says what can be translated as, “And what makes you realize what Saqar is? It neither spares (i.e., no survivors remain) nor leaves (anything) behind” (TMQ, 74: 27-28)[3].

It is severe punishment. In the same Surah, Allah says that the angels stand on the door of saqar asking those who enter it, what can be translated as, “What inserted you into Saqar?” They will say, “We were not of the ones who prayed” (TMQ, 74: 42–43). Is there something more obvious than this! In addition, they go on saying what can be translated as, “And we used to wade with the waders, (i.e., wade in vain talk).” (TMQ, 74-45). Do you know what this means? It means that you join others in their sins, and partake in deeds that make Allah angry; so that on the Day of Judgment you are called with the sinners to be disgraced.

Allah comes before your parents.

slave_of_Allah

dear sister allah is with me, I think you are getting confused a bit. Let me try my best to clarify.

The *source* of the ruling/command to let the beard grow has come from the Prophet's Sunnah but the *obligation* is fardh (obligatory).

Some scholars have even gone to a level to call the one who shaves the hair off the cheek and chin a 'faasiq'.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.”

After we have a hadeeth so clear as this, we don't have any room for any another opinion as the commands of this hadeeth is very straight forward.

Also with regards to parents, we are ordered to obey them as long as they don't go against the deen. But if they tell us to do something contrary to the deen, then we disobey them.. you may ask why ?

Because in such a case, if you obey your parents and go against the deen, then your parents will be answerable for that sin also. So in this case by disobeying your parents, you are protecting them from sin. SubhanAllah !!

Subhana'Alah my dear akhi has answered what i was about to say. Jazka'Allah khair. I pray Allah makes you one of those who we enter jannah tul firdos, without any questioning. Ya Allah help this soul to come closer to you, and forgive his sins and his family, and give him the ability to weep in Your rememberance, so with every tear he sheds, he becomes closer to You, and let him stand in Your shade. Ya Allah always keep this soul in Your rememberance. Aameen!!!

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd

i never knew it is fard......
well, brother now i am totally confused...
well..
okay let shaheer grow his beard....
else i dont know ,allah knows better...
thanks for correcting..
jasakallah khair..

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Subhana'Alah my dear akhi has answered what i was about to say. Jazka'Allah khair. I pray Allah makes you one of those who we enter jannah tul firdos, without any questioning. Ya Allah help this soul to come closer to you, and forgive his sins and his family, and give him the ability to weep in Your rememberance, so with every tear he sheds, he becomes closer to You, and let him stand in Your shade. Ya Allah always keep this soul in Your rememberance. Aameen!!!

Ya sister.. you really make beautiful duas.. I can only wish that I can make duas like that.. :)

May Allah swt bless and reward you for being kind to all of here. Ameen

May Allah swt grant you the best in the dunya and Al Akhirah. Ameen

May Allah swt guide you towards actions that please his majesty and keep you in his protection always. Ameen

Ya Zal Jalali Wal Ikram, make everything easy for our dear sister and guide her to the righteous path & reward her with Jannatul firdaus. Allahuma Ameen

Rabbana wa taqabal dua. :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
salam2:
:) mashallah sis ur post put a big smile on my face, and i agree with u but the thing is .... im not that stupid to fall into those traps like i dont meet with weird ppl i barely know many muslims in real life cuz my city there aren't many muslims ppl most of my friends are white ....
about other western stuff :) i lived here alot of my life and i know wat ppl do at my age and those things u r referring to aint one of them .... I do have western interest too :) its not like i dont do that but i rather maintain my islamic learning and learn more about my deen than do other stuff :)
:lol: @ funky hair

and u r right i didn't point at ur parents btw

good to kno it made u happy:SMILY149:................i never said u were stupid :SMILY153:i just meant may b ur mom thinks like that.what i meant by western stuff was to show her u are still in ur senses :SMILY129:,not like those pppl who are extremists............u do that then its good,(i was just givin u som ideas i wasn't saying u didn't knew what boys do.) :rolleyes:

seems like things still are going the wrong way around b/w u nd ur mother:SMILY45::tantrum1:..............i was just thinking.is their somone in ur relatives who will appreciate what r doing and is influential on ur mom:SMILY105:.............meaning someone ur mom listens :SMILY126:to and understands.like some aunt ,uncle etc.may b u could talk to them and they'll help ur mom realize what u r doing needs no bugging.:SMILY29:

and even if that is ruled out either by you or her:SMILY29:.then just put ur heart and soul in dua:tti_sister:.pour ur heart out to Allah .and their is no doubt He'll show u a way where u will b happy with ur mom by your side:laughing-dancing::dishes::jumpclap:.inshallah

:wasalam::SMILY259:

umm hussain

Asalam alaikum warahmatullah

Question:
I am a young Muslim and I want to let my beard grow, but my father is strongly opposed to this. Should I let my beard grow or obey my parents?

Answer:Shaving the beard is haraam, and it is not permissible to do it for a parent or leader or boss, because obedience is only a duty in matters that are good and righteous. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no obedience to any created being (person) if it involves disobedience to the Creator.”

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/146
The end

And for those who think growing the beard is optional
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Shaving the beard is haraam, as is shortening it and reducing it, because of the evidence which shows that it is obligatory to leave it alone and let it grow.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (5/133): Shaving the beard is haraam because of the saheeh ahaadeeth and reports that have been narrated concerning that, and because of the general meaning of the texts that forbid resembling the kuffaar, including the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar, which says that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Be different from the mushrikeen; let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.” According to another report: “trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.” And there are other, similar ahaadeeth. Letting the beard grow means leaving it as it is and not shaving it, or plucking or cutting any part of it. Ibn Hazm narrated that there was scholarly consensus that trimming the moustache and letting the beard grow is obligatory, and he quoted as evidence a number of ahaadeeth, including the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) quoted above, and the hadeeth of Zayd ibn Arqam, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not trim his moustache is not one of us.” Classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi. It says in al-Furoo’: According to our companions – the Hanbalis – this indicates that it is haraam.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The Qur’aan, Sunnah and scholarly consensus indicate that we are commanded to be different from the kuffaar and that it is forbidden to resemble them in general terms, because resembling them outwardly may cause us to resemble them in attitude and doing blameworthy deeds and even in beliefs. It generates love and friendship inwardly, just as inward love generates outward resemblance. Al-Tirmidhi narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He is not one of us who imitates people other than us; do not imitate the Jews and the Christians.” According to another report: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” Narrated by Imam Ahmad. And ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab rejected the testimony of a man who plucked his beard.

Imam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamheed: It is haraam to shave the beard, and no one does that but effeminate men, meaning those who imitate women. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a thick beard, as was narrated by Muslim from Jaabir and in other reports. And it is not permissible to remove anything from it because of the general meaning of the evidence that shows that that is not allowed. End quote.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: What is the ruling on one who makes the ends of his beard even?

He said: What is required is to leave the beard alone and let it grow, and not to do anything to it, because it is proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Trim the moustache and let the beard grow; be different from the mushrikeen.” Saheeh – agreed upon. Narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him). And al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated in his Saheeh from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Trim the moustache and let the beard grow; be different from the mushrikeen.” Muslim narrated in his Saheeh from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Cut the moustache and let the beard grow; be different from the Magians.”

All these ahaadeeth indicate that it is obligatory to leave the beard alone and let it grow, and to trim the moustache. This is what is prescribed in Islam, and this is what is obligatory, as taught and enjoined by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This is following the example of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them), and differing from the mushrikeen, and avoiding resembling them or resembling women.

With regard to the report narrated by al-Tirmidhi (may Allaah have mercy on him) which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to remove something from the length and breadth of his beard, this is a false report according to the scholars, and it is not a saheeh report from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Some people insisted on using this hadeeth as evidence, but it is not a saheeh report, because its isnaad includes ‘Umar ibn Haroon al-Balkhi, who is accused of lying.

So it is not permissible for a believer to follow this false hadeeth, or to use as a concession that which was said by some scholars, for the Sunnah is binding upon us all, and Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad), has indeed obeyed Allaah”

[al-Nisa’ 4:80]

“Say: Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger, but if you turn away, he (Messenger Muhammad) is only responsible for the duty placed on him (i.e. to convey Allaah’s Message) and you for that placed on you. If you obey him, you shall be on the right guidance. The Messenger’s duty is only to convey (the message) in a clear way (i.e. to preach in a plain way)”

[al-Noor 24:54]

“O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination”

[al-Nisa’ 4:59]

And Allaah is the Source of strength. End quote from Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh ibn Baaz (4/443).

Secondly:

It is not permissible for your boss to order you to reduce your beard, because this is an order to commit sin, as explained above, and you have no right to obey him. Rather what you must do is be patient and explain the shar’i ruling to him. If he insists on his opinion, and letting your beard grow means that you will lose your job, it depends on your situation and your work. If you can find another job, then leave this one, seeking the pleasure of Allaah. If you cannot find another job, then we hope that you will be forgiven if you reduce your beard, because the scholars have stated that it is permissible to do a haraam action in causes of necessity and extreme need, so long as you limit yourself to the minimum of reducing it that will please your boss. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can”

[al-Taghaabun 64:16]

tdubai

May this post reach u in the best of health and iman – amen
:lol: I must be bugging u guyz a lot :) sorry about that :) if anyone ever feels like I need to shut ;) there is nothing wrong in letting me know
Lol SO yea I got another issue that I feel like I shud discuss before it gets out of hand , Well its my parents in general family.

Ok well every since i decided to grow my beard , i have become so far apart from my family i literally dont even feel a part of it now i sometimes feel like im living among stranges ....
Im mostly concerned about my mom , I really love my mom, After Allah (swt) and his rasool (PBUH), I wud say I love my mom , not sure I wud be anything in life without her , I wudn’t even be here without her, Well everything was fine with her but in the last year or so I want to be better muslim, well I made some changes the biggest one is I decided to grow a beard, well lets just say it hasn’t been easy. Well other than being in a non muslim country with very lil muslim, my family has really hurt me the most.

My mom, she just ... we used to be so close now the only thing she tells me 24/7 is shave that ugly beard, she tells me i look so ugly horrible, her remarks are very painful , he has told me as soon as she sees that beard on my face she just gets angry, and she has been so angry with me lately, she just is always angry, every lil thiing and her anger comes out on all of us bros, she is always shave the beard, u r doing nothing but show off ... but i am not i really love my beard i can rep Islam, i feel so proud i walk in a crowd and people always recognize me as a musliim even thou my beard is really small, i have been forced to shave it like twice, and it really hurts cuz i spend like month on it and gone in minutes, thats not it, everyone including my bros they harrass me with names and as they walk pass me they are always shave it , my bros beg me sometimes just shave it we are embarrassed to go out with u ..... im not sure wat to do , i dont want to shave it but i feel like if i dont i will lose my family.
i try my bes to patient, but sometimes i will tell my mom plz mom leave me alone or plz drop it and then she wont talk to me for hours like wont even look at me, her demand shave the beard.
other than my mom, my dad always screams, shouts at me, and my parents say im a horrible son, im disobedient and im a bad muslim,so there is no point of a beard cuz im not obeying a bigger commandment im upsetting my parents ... i have really started to feel so low in my deen cuz my parents are always upset with me, last time it came to me telling my parents i cant take it i will just leave and they told me to leave ... and i cudn't go .... i dont know where to go :( , in this city, my family is all i got , i already left all bad friends, praying outside is such a prb i spend alot of time outside but it results in missing prayers sometimes cuz none of the mosque are open for 5 daily prayers .... as far as i know ....

ANy sugguestions .... I really dont want to lose my beard , cuz its my muslim identity, but i really dont want to lose my family either ....?
Also, would Allah (swt) be upset with me cuz my upsets are upset with me, i know heaven lies under my mothers feet :( i feel like im losing that?

im sorry for whinning .... but i feel like im losing patience cuz of the already so many pains there and those pain i can take but when someone breaks ur heart it hurts alot.

JazakAllah khair
sorry for so much rambling but I love my mom so much, i always used to hug and kiss her before going to bed, i wud wake up and the 1st thing i wud want to see is my mom, i hug her before leaving home, on entering like i really love her BUT now :( its all opposite instead of the love i usuallly send her bed angry, she wakes up angry and is mostly angry looking at me, and i cant even sleep at night knowing my mom is angry going to bed ..... not sure wat to do

Well when my mom started the criticisme about my beard,I told her if she doesn't like to see me with a beard why didn't she made me a girl!! she laughed out loud and said"you ahve always something to say" now it's not only that she doesn't say anything about it,but I made her change her perciption.

tdubai

same issue when i growed my beard...it will tend to wear off after like 5-6 months and ur parents will stop bugging u and jz accept the fact that their son has grown!....

I can't believe you are grown up enough to have a beard.Life is full of surprises isn't it??