What would you like to have as your first child?

Marina28

I have both lol but when fell pregnant I didn't really mind what I had cos I'd love them regardless

sultanb

I was neutral. But when I checked the Chinese gender calendar it said girl. My wife and I started to look at girl names, and when we had the sono, it confirmed that we were going to have a baby girl. The amazing thing that the second child, we planned with the Chinese gender calendar for a boy, and mashaAllah, we have a boy now. Love them both to bits.

helpinghumanity

a boy or a girl ? and also tell if you have any specific reason for your answer :) :SMILY105:

I would love to have twins (i.e a boy and a girl) at the same time..lol. :).

On a serious note, I do not mind having either a girl or a boy as my first child; as both of them are a gift from Allah.

“To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth; He creates what he wills. He gives to whom He wills female [children], and He gives to whom He wills males. Or He makes them [both] males and females, and He renders whom He wills barren. Indeed, He is Knowing and Competent.” (Ash-Shura 42:49-50)

But I prefer to have a girl as my first child because

“Whoever takes care of two girls until they reach adulthood - he and I will come (together) on the Day of Resurrection - and he interlaced his fingers (meaning in Paradise).” (Reported by Muslim)

“Whoever has three daughters or sisters, or two daughters of two sisters, and lives along with them in a good manner, and has patience with them, and fears Allah with regard to them will enter Paradise.” (Reported by Abu Dawud, Al-Tirmidhee and others)

I am not sure if there are hadith about son's as well. Probably someone can shed light on this while replying.