Question: What's your view on Krishna Article?

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
AssalamAlaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu Ukhtis and Akhis!
I came accross an article a few days back but because of being busy with my exams didn't get the time to post it here! Before conveying any of my own thoughts and views, i'd like to know what you all have to say about it!
JazakAllah Khairan for your time in advance!
May Allah SWT reward you
Wassalam

LINK: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/qasim-rashid/lord-krishna-prophet-of-allah_b_1759049.html

p.s. I meant to write, 'what are your views on this article about krishna' in the title!

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
:bismillah1:
:salam:

Krishna maybe or may not be a Prophet. We don't know about it. But I doubt the veracity of the author because he says, Vedas and Puranas are from Krishna, which I believe is false. The Vedas came long time before that. The thing that Krishna taught was, Gita. Yes, Gita is a very spiritual book and requires high intellect to comprehend. But it doesn't define the principles, the right and wrong, or it doesn't show us how to lead a day to day life practically. (My opinion).

Secondly, from what I have seen, or known, Krishna used to flirt with girls (gopikas) in Mathura (a city in India). Rest I leave to you and others to decide.

I might be wrong. Please cross-verify.

P.S - There are similarities between what Islam teaches and what Hinduism says. But I think many things have been manipulated or changed or have got eroded.

Allahu Alam.

Peace.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

Whoever brought religion to the Indian-subcontinent thousands and thousands of years ago was most definitely a Prophet of Allah. Except that the religion got corrupted and people changed it, and they began worshipping that Prophet himself (maybe), added in another few hundred partners to Allah... until it became Hinduism.

Only Allah knows who the original Prophet was who brought the Islamic message to the subcontinent - nobody can claim that it was a person named Krishna or Brahma or Ram or somebody else whose name has now become forgotten forever. But the fact that there are a few similarities between Hinduism and Islam, and the fact that Prophet Muhammad's :saw: coming was written in their books just proves that once upon a time this was a true religion which changed over time like the rest of the religions.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum to alls,I remember how many times we take part to the so called birthday of Krishna....I believed that he was a representation which was drawn on many pictures,books,wall,I was so fashinated from that blue-skinned boy that I wished one day to meet one like him,so attactive and special.But after all the passed experiences about religions,I allow to myself to say that I don't believe that Krishna"the god of hinduists" never existed.I know that I'll result offensive for the hinduists,but I was hinduist and what that religion gave me is only anger and it brainwashed my parents.That so called God with human shape is maybe a great poem,something existed only in the fantasy of the one who invented all this.How can a god have so many wives at the same moment?the Gopies,were jealous for the ufficial wife of Krishna,so he decided to devide his body into the number of the girls who wanted him.then his wife cried for the sadness because everybody was dancing with her husnad,so he realized his mistake(how can go do mistakes)and he changed his blue skin colour into the same of his wife......I think that is a beautiful poem which can make the weaker ones to dream and really believe that Krishna was God or someone sent from God.I confess thatI too believed that "Little Krishna" (Gopala) really came on my bad to make me company.that religion scared me a lot when I was young,because the eldest ones used to tell me some tales about Krishna and his punishments,which "obliged"me to shut up and not to pose questions about God...that's why,when I hear something about that religion,I try to stay calm.Now that I've chose Islam as my own religion,I leave Allah to guide to the right direction.I think that Krishna has been invented to astray the good believers and make them fall into the Shirk(remember that thinduists worship many objects!)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
salam 'alikum to alls,I remember how many times we take part to the so called birthday of Krishna....I believed that he was a representation which was drawn on many pictures,books,wall,I was so fashinated from that blue-skinned boy that I wished one day to meet one like him,so attactive and special.But after all the passed experiences about religions,I allow to myself to say that I don't believe that Krishna"the god of hinduists" never existed.I know that I'll result offensive for the hinduists,but I was hinduist and what that religion gave me is only anger and it brainwashed my parents.That so called God with human shape is maybe a great poem,something existed only in the fantasy of the one who invented all this.How can a god have so many wives at the same moment?the Gopies,were jealous for the ufficial wife of Krishna,so he decided to devide his body into the number of the girls who wanted him.then his wife cried for the sadness because everybody was dancing with her husnad,so he realized his mistake(how can go do mistakes)and he changed his blue skin colour into the same of his wife......I think that is a beautiful poem which can make the weaker ones to dream and really believe that Krishna was God or someone sent from God.I confess thatI too believed that "Little Krishna" (Gopala) really came on my bad to make me company.that religion scared me a lot when I was young,because the eldest ones used to tell me some tales about Krishna and his punishments,which "obliged"me to shut up and not to pose questions about God...that's why,when I hear something about that religion,I try to stay calm.Now that I've chose Islam as my own religion,I leave Allah to guide to the right direction.I think that Krishna has been invented to astray the good believers and make them fall into the Shirk(remember that thinduists worship many objects!)
Asslama-o-alikum,

Very well said dear sister,

We have been told that 124000 prophets came to all the civilizations and in all time periods, and all around the world to teach people about the oneness of Allah (SWT), but much of what was brought by them has been lost and now what we have is a corruption upon corruption.

Maybe Hinduism was started by a Prophet of Allah, but whatever is left of Hinduism today is far from any truth. So Krishna may very well be a creation of someone, and there was no one ever existed by that name whose character was changed to the present one.

Jazakallah Kharian.

Wassalam.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I also think that it uses the pshycology towards the people who are disposed to trust to anything which can give the so called "inner peace" which they need....It's an amount of lies.if really Krishna,as prophet of Allah was sent to spread peace and love,he was misundersrood,because the hinduists of nowdays,as I've heard think women to be soul-less and that they are cause of disgraces.when the husband dies,it's better for her if she burns her body like him,becuase nobody else could marry her.what about the tons of ashes which are thrown into the river Ganje?Allah has said to burn our bodies?how can we compare Islam with hinduism?it's like trying to say that the daylight is like the night:it changes only the point of view because there is only one sun.(I don't know if youve reached the sense of the message)

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
JazakAllah Khairan Ukthis and Akhis!
At the end of the day, we all agree mutually to the fact that the truth to everything in it's entirety is known only by Allah (SWT)!
I don't know practically ANYTHING about hinduism, so commenting over it would be wrong! However, if all that the author's claimed is true, then I might want to think, Krishna, really was a prophet of Allah SWT who spoke nothing but the truth like all the rest of the prophets! However, at the end of 4000 years, it all turned into fantasy tales of elephant-cum-humans, snake-gods etc.! Whatever the truth, I personally consider Hinduism the most altered form of the truth! May Allah SWT guide us all!