Where to look??

friend263

As salamualiakum warehamatullahi wabarakatahu dear brothers and sisters. I have posted this question before but didnt got any proper reply, my question is where did our beloved prophet use to see while praying because i have heard that he use to look at different places while doing the different actions of salah for eg people say that we have to look between our toes while in ruku and during our takbeer we have to look at the place of sujood so i wanted to know the sunnah way of the same?????:salah:

sabs1164

AmatuLLaH
:salam2:
i was told by my moulana to look at the place of prostration.
hope someone will give a hadith concerning this matter.
:wasalam:

elqouds2020

أينا ينظر المصلي أثناء صلاته

:tti_sister:
As salamualiakum warehamatullahi wabarakatahu dear brothers and sisters. I have posted this question before but didnt got any proper reply, my question is where did our beloved prophet use to see while praying because i have heard that he use to look at different places while doing the different actions of salah for eg people say that we have to look between our toes while in ruku and during our takbeer we have to look at the place of sujood so i wanted to know the sunnah way of the same?????:salah:

ما رواه ابن حبان ( 4 / 332 ) والحاكم ( 1 / 652 ) عن عائشة رضي الله عنها قالت : " دخل رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم الكعبة ما خلف بصره موضع سجوده حتى خرج منها " صححه الألباني في " صفة صلاة النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم " .

وهذا هو قول الجمهور : أبي حنيفة والشافعي وأحمد

قال ابن قدامة :
يستحب للمصلي أن يجعل نظره إلى موضع سجوده ، قال أحمد - في رواية حنبل - : الخشوع في الصلاة : أن يجعل نظره إلى موضع سجوده ، وروي ذلك عن مسلم بن يسار , وقتادة .
" المغني " ( 1 / 370 ) .

helpinghumanity

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

1. Please refer to this thread. Inshallah you will find answers to many questions you may have.
The Prophet's Prayer

2. For future reference, you can use "Islamqa.com" if you want it to get answers right away. Below are few paragraphs regarding the question being asked. Inshallah it will be helpful.
islamqa.com said:
There are ahaadeeth among the saheeh Sunnahs which mention the teaching of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning looking at the place of prostration during prayer.

Ibn Hibbaan (4/332) and al-Haakim (1/625) narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered the Ka’bah and his gaze did not go beyond the site of his prostration until he came out.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Sifat Salaah al-Nabi (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

With regard to the reports of some of the salaf that were quoted by ‘Abd al-Razaaq al-San’aani in al-Musannaf, these include the following:

1 – It was narrated that Abu Qalaabah said: I asked Muslim ibn Yassaar where should my gaze fall whilst I am praying? He said: If it falls where you prostrate, that is good.

2 – It was narrated that Ibraaheem al-Nakha’i used to like for the worshipper not to let his gaze wander beyond the place of prostration.

3 – It was narrated that Ibn Sireen used to like for a man to focus his gaze on the place of prostration.

Musannaf ‘Abd al-Razzaaq, 2/163

This is what the scholars of the Standing Committee said is the view of the majority: Abu Haneefah, al-Shaafa’i and Ahmad. Some of them made an exception in the case of the tashahhud, when the worshipper should look at his finger. This is a sound exception, supported by reports in the saheeh Sunnah.

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Zubayr that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “sat for the Tashahhud, he would place his left hand on his left thigh and point with his index finger, and would not let his gaze go beyond his finger.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 990; al-Nasaa’i, 1275; classed as saheeh by al-Nawawi in Sharh Muslim. 5/81. He said: The Sunnah is not to let one's gaze go beyond the pointing (finger). There is a saheeh hadeeth concerning this in Sunan Abi Dawood.