Who is behind Save Maryam campaign???

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Assalaamu alaykkum,

as you may be aware, a video for the campaign called save maryman, is going viral. The stats they give are very disturbing. About 2 million muslims leave islaam in indonesia every year! It is too hard to believe.

My question is who is behind this campaign? where does the donated money go? Do you have more information about the campaign??

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Waliekumasslam warahmatullahi wabrakatu,
Organization behind save maryam: http://www.mercymissionworld.org/
I saw brother hamza andreas tzortzis sharing it on his FB profile page.
There is a thread about it on IA forum, and the one who has put up the vid has replied at page 3.
Can't say anything about stats.
Allahu'alam.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Yes, it's Mercy Mission. Due to it's Kony '12 look and feel many have been skeptical and I don't blame them... In terms of well known names, Dr. Tawfique Chowdhury and Sh. Sajid Umar are apart of them. Info can be found through their link, which I've put in my sig.

One thing to note - though 2 million 'convert' a year to baatil, how many years has this been? If it's been a good 5 odd than that's something - if it was just a year than it doesn't sound as bad. In any event, we should ward off their da`wah of shirk as it's an attack on the land, just like an attack coming from an army yet worse. It is for this reason primarily I'm advertising their cause. I don't want people thinking that by linking to the campaign, I support beat-boxing etc.!!!

Allah knows best.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Waliekumasslam warahmatullahi wabrakatu,
Organization behind save maryam: http://www.mercymissionworld.org/
I saw brother hamza andreas tzortzis sharing it on his FB profile page.
There is a thread about it on IA forum, and the one who has put up the vid has replied at page 3.
Can't say anything about stats.
Allahu'alam.

barak Allahu feek.

Yes, it's Mercy Mission. Due to it's Kony '12 look and feel many have been skeptical and I don't blame them... In terms of well known names, Dr. Tawfique Chowdhury and Sh. Sajid Umar are apart of them. Info can be found through their link, which I've put in my sig.

One thing to note - though 2 million 'convert' a year to baatil, how many years has this been? If it's been a good 5 odd than that's something - if it was just a year than it doesn't sound as bad. In any event, we should ward off their da`wah of shirk as it's an attack on the land, just like an attack coming from an army yet worse. It is for this reason primarily I'm advertising their cause. I don't want people thinking that by linking to the campaign, I support beat-boxing etc.!!!

Allah knows best.

Barak Allahu feek.

I have heard a talk by Ahmed Deedat about missionaries activities in Indonesia. But one would have never had an idea about these number.

Jazak Allahu khyir for the info.

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
Jazaki'Allahu khair for all the replies, this was a really good question.. I was wondering about it as well.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Jazaki'Allahu khair for all the replies, this was a really good question.. I was wondering about it as well.

Wanted to add, through some Evangelical nonsense that a brother sent me, it's claimed that the demographics in terms of religion could now nearly be a 75%:25% ratio. That is alarming if near true...

ah, a thread about SaveMaryam, finally. i took a glimpse in the mercymissionworld link. Fundraising, huh? for what purpose exactly?
i am Indonesian, though missionary activity is nothing new, especially amongst the poor and the uneducated.

the last population census in indonesia occurs in year 2010 and the result was 237 million people. the 2 million a year would make sense, but where do they get those numbers, i wonder.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
For I believe a tv channel to propogate da`wah and a community line for the youth. Watch the video insha' Allah.

- - - Updated - - -

For I believe a tv channel to propogate da`wah and a community line for the youth. Watch the video insha' Allah.