Who is MAINLY to blame for distorting the image of Islam??

Who is MAINLY to blame for distorting the image of Islam? ?

• Total voters

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:salam2:
I wanted to know your veiw on-
Who is MAINLY to blame for distorting the image of Islam?

1) Ignorant Muslims ?
2) Ignorant Non-Muslims ?
3) Ignorant Muslims and Non-Muslims ?
4) Enemies of Islam ?
5) None of the above.- If not who?

Please let me know the reason for any selecion made and how Islam Image can be improved, inshAllah.
:jazaak:

:wasalam:

vegangoth

Banned
Of course, all of them have a share. I have understood the question being who is to blame the most.

I agree that, that is the right interpritaton of the question but it's a uqestion that will never be answerd, because everyone metioned has played a small part which has lead to the big part. You could blams Osama biladen but he never actually flewthe planes, you could blame the brit goverment for educating Bin Laden. You could blame those people that are responsible for putting the koran into other lanuguges and adding in their own slant on the text. The list is endless. The question I want to ask is how do you recover the reputation on the religon? And how would you be able to know what the original reutation was?

u forgot the biggest villain of all....if he wasnt there then everything would b picture perfect i guess.....

IBLEES!!!!

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Enemies of Islam.

Who intentionally teach Muslims, abusing their religon, and non-Muslims not giving the chance to see the true light of noble Islam? ENEMIES of Islam. One main & obvious one being Shaytan. Islam is the way prescribed by Allah; whoever doesn't want to be it spread on the earth is Allah's and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)'s enemy, I feel.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
ignorant scholars!

Can a person be called a Scholar, if they are ignorant of knowledge??
Please explain your answer further. :jazaak:

u forgot the biggest villain of all....if he wasnt there then everything would b picture perfect i guess.....

IBLEES!!!!
You can put Iblees as the option - enemies of Islam.

:jazaak: to everyone for thier participation and views was interesting to know. I hope more brothers and sisters share thier views, inshAllah.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
ASalaamualaykum,

How about adding extra answers,

Ignorant muslims and scheming non muslims

Greedy muslim hypocrates and grasping non muslims

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
ASalaamualaykum,

How about adding extra answers,

Ignorant muslims and scheming non muslims

Greedy muslim hypocrates and grasping non muslims

Walikumasalam sister,
The options would be too many, therfore I put - Others. :)

Assalamu Alykum

Before blaming others..Lets take a step back and look at ourselves..

Wassalam :)

Walikumasalam,
MashAllah good answer (blame ourselves) on the Importance of self-evaluation.

‘Umar Ibn Al- Khatab, in one of his famous sayings said “Judge yourselves before you are judged, evaluate yourselves before you are evaluated and be ready for the greatest investigation [the Day of Judgement]

"Whatever calamity and misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your own hands have earned" (Soorah ash-Shooraa 42:30)

Safiyah_

Terrorists !

A lot of people think that all muslims are like the terrorists. That's why everyone in my country is scared of woman with hijab or men with a beard. They break the image of Islaam.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

I agree 100% with IbnAhmad

We muslims are to blame we have displayed this distorted image of Islam and its our faults, if we practiced what the Prophet (pbuh) taught us we wouldnt have so many misunderstandings and the non-muslims would have nothing to distort, the blame mainly sprouts from us which moves on to the non muslims which they then take what they believe to be Islam and broadcast it when infact its just ignorant leading ignorant we both are to blame but my opinion most of the blame comes from us muslims. We all have this duty of encouraging the good and forbidding the bad, this responsibility falls upon us all we have to do is to correct ourselves and follow the most perfect example so inshaAllah we can dispell all the distortations and misunderstandings of our beautiful deen :hijabi:

May Allah unite us all and streghten us all on the truth and to practice it Ameen

Nice topic thanks for sharing it, its good we can discuss this so we can self evaluate as you said :ma:

misbah ul haya

asalam u alaikum,
iblees,non muslims and other enemies of islam-all were present in the times of nabi(saaws) and his khulafa but what change has ocurred that we- muslims have become ignorant of treasure we have,our ignorance has distorted the picture of islam and still aggravating the situation. muhammad bin qasim came to sub continent and fought with hindus,then he and muslims of that time lived there and preached islam WHAT was the outcome of their efforts.......(thousand years after their conquest of sindh)a country(pakistan) was made for the sake of islam.what i mean to say here is that because those were muslims in true sense and they sow seeds of islam which could not be eradicated by enemies of islam and became a tree.....so we have to change ourselves first before pointing anybody else then only we can clear reputation of islam.
wasalam

fada_all

salam alikum

i wrote the enmies of islam because all the world becomes full of them, they are the shayateen

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

this is a really good question !!!!!! Infact, the first poll where i have hesitated in actually making a choice.

I chose Ignorant Muslims and ignorant Non-Muslims

the Image of Islaam perhaps has always been distorted, the Prophet Muhammad :saw: foretold that those who truly hold onto the Qur'aan and Sunnah will be Ghurabah (strangers).

As for the disbelievers, then there have always been enemies of Islaam, those whose hearts were hardened and had great hatred for the Muslims, such as Abu Lahab and Abu Jahl or the Pharoah.

We can not totally blame the Muslims, for example look at our beloved Falastin or Shishaan or Afghanistan and Kashmir, the disbelievers have many times done things deliberately due to their hatred of Muslims.

The disbeliever soldiers in Kashmir and in Chechnya .. and in the Balkans kill people due to their racism and hatred.. and even it is well documented that they use rape as a weapon. Astaghfirullah.

So, we can not just choose the option "ignorant Muslims are to blame".. because these dispicable enemies of Islaam, have done so much wrong and they continue to LIE and lie and lie!! and nobody listens or cares except a few !

Whatever is happening, we do know what the solution is, that is for the Muslims to be strict upon the correct beliefs and not deviate away from that. To have Sabr.. and to strengthen themselves in the Deen.. and in the Dunya, so that Allaah opens up the way for the Ummah to retain and fight for its Honour. This is the way for our success.

Right now, we are weak, unable to defend the Muslims and this weakness is totally due to ourselves.

may Allaah help us.

amin

P.S you should have made a choice "ALL OF THE ABOVE"

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
I find that Muslims who "say" they are Muslim and don't live their religion, or don't even know their religion are to blame for the misunderstandings by non muslims.
I am always shocked at the born muslims, who have been tainted by cultural and tribal biases, and some of the things they believe are Islamic.

rtbour

american muslima
Asalaamu alaikum, brothers and sisters!!! :SMILY139:
I chose "Ignorant muslims and non muslims" because I think there are people on this earth who claim to be muslim but they do not show they are muslim with their actions. Instead, they drink, eat pork, abuse spouses, commit zina, or otherwise just don't follow the rules of Islam. That behavior coming from someone who claims Islam as their religion will make people believe Islam is a bad religion and/or muslims are bad people.
On the other hand, there are PLENTY of people (atheists, people from other religions who are thick-headed and racist, etc) who either don't know the truth about Islam or who DO know the truth but choose not to see the truth for what it is (like my brother, for example). For whatever reason, some of these people decide they hate Islam and want to either try to corrupt the religion by writing false documents/twisting correct documents by taking them out of context, etc. Or they just fight against Islam by arguing with muslims and giving them a hard time.
Of course, we cant forget the last part- the MEDIA. The media frequently shows the world distorted images of Islam and we all know that doesnt help anything.
That's what I see around me. That is why I voted the way I did. I am sure there are more reasons that I haven't personally seen. These are just the things I have seen with my own eyes which cause distortion of Islam.
Salaam!