Why are so many Women converting to Islam ?

rahman2040

Why are so many Women converting to Islam ?

According to "The Almanac Book of Facts", the population increased 137% within the past decade, Christianity increased 46%, while Islam increased 235%.

In a recent poll in the (US), 100,000 people per year in America alone, are converting to Islam. For every 1 male convert to Islam, 4 females convert to Islam, Why?

It is Clear why Christians are converting.

1. Christian Scientists are declaring the Koran is from God. Visit Here for Christian and atheist Scientists who convert to Islam and why: http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/library/jesus-say/ch13.html

2. The Christian Bishops and Priests are admitting the Bible has tensions. http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/library/jesus-say/ch2.1.html

3. Jesus is a Muslim: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/4229/jam.html

The question still remains, why are more women converting than men to Islam ?
Perhaps they realize their Soul is worth the Factual Research.

1. The Bible Convicts Women as the original
Sinners, (ie. Eve picking from the forbidden
tree){Genesis 2:4-3:24}. The Koran Clarifies it
was Adam Not Eve {Qur'an 7:19-25}

2. The Bible says "The Birth of a Daughter is a
loss" {Ecclesiasticus 22:3}. The Qur'an says both
are an Equal Blessing { Qur'an 42:49}

3. The Bible Forbids Women from Speaking in
church {I Corinthians 14:34-35}. The Qur'an says
Women Can argue with the Prophet {58:1}

4. In the Bible, divorced Women are Labeled as
an Adulteress, while men are not {Matthew 5:31-32}. The
Koran does Not have Biblical double standards
{ Qur'an 30:21}

5. In The Bible, Widows and Sisters do Not
Inherit Any Property or Wealth, Only men
do{Numbers 27:1-11}The Koran Abolished this
male greediness { Qur'an 4:22} and God Protects
All.
6. The Bible Allows Multiple Wives{I Kings 11:3}
In The Koran, God limits the number to 4 only
under certain situations (with the Wife's
permission)and Prefers you Marry Only One
Wife{ Qur'an 4:3} The Koran gives the Woman
the Right to Choose who to Marry.
7. "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not
pledged to be married and rapes her and they are
discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty
shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he
has violated her. He can never divorce her as long
as he lives" {Deuteronomy 22:28-30}
One must ask a simple question here, who is
really punished, the man who raped the woman or
the woman who was raped? According to the
Bible, you have to spend the Rest of Your Life
with the man who Raped You.
The Prophet Muhammad Says {Volume 9, Book
86, Number 101} Narrated by Aisha:" It is
essential to have the consent of a virgin (for the
marriage)".
Would the Christian men Reading this prefer the
Women they know to Be Christian or Muslim?
8. The Bible also asks Women to wear veils as in
Islam {I Corinthians 11:3-10}, this lowers the
chance of rape, (God Forbid), see statistic link
below.
9. Women were given rights to Vote less than a
100 years ago in the (US), while the Quran (42:38) gave
Women Voting rights almost 1,500 years ago.

10. Islam has unconfined Women and has given them
the human right to reach for the sky. There have been
Muslim Women Presidents through out the centuries,
but to this date, the oppressive mentality of the
men in the Western U.S.A. has stopped any Women from becoming
Presidents in predominately Christian countries,
while the Muslim countries have voted for and
elected Female Presidents.
Here is a list of previous Female Muslim leaders:
Khadija bint Khuwaylid
Aishah bint Abu Bakr
Fatimah bint Muhammad
Barakah
Ramlah bint Abu Sufyan
Rumaysa bint Milhan
Umm Salamah
Asma bint Abu Bakr
Zaynab al-Ghazali
Maryum Jameelah

The comparison goes on and on, to hear from some of these Converts, including Nuns, and Many Famous People, visit here; http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/newmuslims/

For more information and Statistics, visit here; http://www.jannah.org/sisters/

This is Dedicated to Past, Present, and Future Muslim Sisters, Family and Friends, to the Devil who prefers slander and hype over facts. Peace and Blessings upon All.
LINK= http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/4229/women.html

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing this article with us mashallah. I pray to Allah that number of our Muslim Ummah increase and that all woman be guided to this beautiful path of our deen Islaam. :hijabi:

I have find this good article MashAllah about why so many woman accept Islaam and I thought that it will be usefull to share it with my brothers and sisters.

Why are Women Turning to Islâm?

The status of women in society is neither a new issue nor is it a fully settled one, and where Islâm is mentioned, for many the term 'Muslim Woman' prompts images of exhausted mothers chained to the stove, 'victims' suppressed in a life of indoctrination, frantic to be westernised and so on. Others will go to great lengths to explain how the hijâb is an obstacle, clouding the mind, and comment that female converts are either brainwashed, stupid or traitors to their sex. I reject such accusations and pose to them the following question: why is it that so many women who have been born and brought up in the so-called "civilised" societies of Europe and America are willing to reject their "liberty" and "independence" to embrace a religion that supposedly oppresses them and is widely assumed to be prejudicial to them?
As a Christian convert to Islâm, I can only present my personal experience and reasons for rejecting the "freedom" that women claim to have in this society in favour of the only Religion that truly liberates women by giving us a status and position which is completely unique when compared with that of our non-Muslim counterparts.

Before coming to Islâm, I had strong feminist tendencies and recognised that where the woman was concerned, a lot of shuffling arwnd had been going on, yet without being able to pin her on the social map. The problem was ongoing new 'women's issues' being raised without the previous ones being satisfactorily resolved. Like the many women who shared my background. I would accuse Islâm of being a sexist religion, discriminating, oppressing and giving men the greater privileges. All this coming from a person who didn't even know Islâm, one who had been blinded due to ignorance and had accepted this deliberately distorted definition of Islâm.

However, despite my critidsms of Islâm, inwardly I wasn't satisfied with my own status as a woman in this society. It seemed to me that society would define the terms such as "liberty" and "freedom" and then these definitions were accepted by women without us even attempting to question or challenge them. There was clearly a great contradiction between what women are told in theory and what actually happens in practice.

The more I pondered, the greater emptiness I fell within. I was slowly beginning to reach a stage where my dissatisfaction with my status as a woman in this society, was really a reflection of my greater dissatisfaction with society itself. Everything seemed to be degenerating backwards, despite all the claims that the 1990's was going to be a decade of success and prosperity. Something vital seemed to be missing from my life and nothing would fill this vacuum. Being a Christian didn't do anything for me, and I began to question the validity of only remembering God one day a week - Sundays! As with many other Christians too, I had become disillusioned by the hypocrisy of the Church and was becoming increasingly unhappy with the concept of the Trinity and the deification of Jesus. Eventually, I began to look in Islâm. At first I was only interested in looking into those issues which specifically dealt with women. I was surprised. What I read and learned taught me a lot about myself as a woman, and also about the real oppression of women lies: in every other system and way of life outside Islâm. Muslim women have been given their rights in every aspect with clear definitions of their role in society - as had men - with no injustices against either of them. As Allâh says: "Whoever does deeds of righteousness, by they male or female, and have faith, they will enter Paradise and not the least injustice will be done to them." [an-Nisâ' (4):124]

So having amended my misconceptions about the true status of women in Islâm, I was now looking further. I wanted to find that thing which was going to fill the vacuum in my life. My attention was drawn towards the beliefs and practices of Islâm. It was only through establishing the fundamentals that I would understand where to turn and what to prioritise. These are often areas which receive little attention or controversy in society, and when studying Islâmic creed, it becomes clear why this is the case: such concise, faultless and widely comprehensive details cannot be found elsewhere.
The fundamental belief of Islâm is Tawhîd which is a simple message 'lâ ilâha illallâh'. It is recognise that Allâh alone is to be worshipped and then to direct all worship towards Him - the root message which strikes at all false worship and it is the place where any person who seriously wants to learn about Islâm should start.

By this time I had begun to meet practising Muslim women and how I felt so secure and welcome in their company! There was a sense of tranquillity and humility about them and I wanted to share in that. These sisters, I regarded not only as friends, but advisors, and supporters too, and the beauty of their companionship was that every person was attracted due to the same reason: to help each other in worshipping Allâh. This is what united their hearts together. Allâh says: "And He has united their [i.e. the believers] hearts. If you had spent all that is in the earth, you could not have united their hearts, but Allâh has united them. Certainly He is All-Mighty, All-Wise." [al-Anfâl (8):63]
Alhamdulillâh, I accepted Islâm willingly.

Through my reading, researching and attending lectures, I have come to know my Rabb (Lord). I have come closer to acquainting myself with some of His Names (Asmâ') and Attributes (Sifât) of Beauty and Perfection. I have found this a great help in understanding the whole Religion. To know, for example, that among Allâh's Names is that He is the Most Wise (al-Hakîm) and the Most Just (al-'Adl), and therefore that He commands only that which is wise and just, would completely relieve a person from seeking to find justifications for Allâh's Laws, or from having having doubts about the fairness of Allâh's Laws. Now, alhamdulillâh, I can appreciate much more why the true Muslim scholars emphasise so strong for Muslims to learn about Allâh - His Asmâ' and Sifât - before trying to reason with Allâh's Laws. Unfortunate I would have been, had I taken the stance that "Islâm gives the best deal to women" and made this my reason for embracing Islâm because then my faith would have been without a firm ground and sooner or later I would have come across some laws ordained by Allâh that I couldn't logically / rationally understand or see the wisdom behind. Had I not studied the foundation of belief, namely Tawhîd and looked at how Allâh describes Himself in His Book, perhaps I would still be in darkness. And all praise and thanks is for Allâh who guided me to the truth - It is as He says: "Wherewith Allâh guides all those who seek His good pleasure, to ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness, by His will, into light and guides them to a Straight Path." [al-Mâ'idah (5):16]

The reason why women are turning to Islâm must certainly have something to do with the honour that Islâm gives them and the equality with which it deals with people, not only in terms of gender, but also in terms of race, nationality, class, etc. However, the overriding reason why I and so many others like me were attracted to Islâm was because Islâm answered the most important question which I had ever asked: "Why am I here on this earth?" So I crossed the divide and managed to see what lies on the other side ... alhamdulillâh, I chose Islâm.

Source: ad-Da'wah illa Allâh
Courtesy Of: SunnahOnline.com

by Hanîfah Ashawe

rahman2040

Assalam

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing this article with us mashallah. I pray to Allah that number of our Muslim Ummah increase and that all woman be guided to this beautiful path of our deen Islaam. :hijabi:

I have find this good article MashAllah about why so many woman accept Islaam and I thought that it will be usefull to share it with my brothers and sisters.

Why are Women Turning to Islâm?

The status of women in society is neither a new issue nor is it a fully settled one, and where Islâm is mentioned, for many the term 'Muslim Woman' prompts images of exhausted mothers chained to the stove, 'victims' suppressed in a life of indoctrination, frantic to be westernised and so on. Others will go to great lengths to explain how the hijâb is an obstacle, clouding the mind, and comment that female converts are either brainwashed, stupid or traitors to their sex. I reject such accusations and pose to them the following question: why is it that so many women who have been born and brought up in the so-called "civilised" societies of Europe and America are willing to reject their "liberty" and "independence" to embrace a religion that supposedly oppresses them and is widely assumed to be prejudicial to them?
As a Christian convert to Islâm, I can only present my personal experience and reasons for rejecting the "freedom" that women claim to have in this society in favour of the only Religion that truly liberates women by giving us a status and position which is completely unique when compared with that of our non-Muslim counterparts.

Before coming to Islâm, I had strong feminist tendencies and recognised that where the woman was concerned, a lot of shuffling arwnd had been going on, yet without being able to pin her on the social map. The problem was ongoing new 'women's issues' being raised without the previous ones being satisfactorily resolved. Like the many women who shared my background. I would accuse Islâm of being a sexist religion, discriminating, oppressing and giving men the greater privileges. All this coming from a person who didn't even know Islâm, one who had been blinded due to ignorance and had accepted this deliberately distorted definition of Islâm.

However, despite my critidsms of Islâm, inwardly I wasn't satisfied with my own status as a woman in this society. It seemed to me that society would define the terms such as "liberty" and "freedom" and then these definitions were accepted by women without us even attempting to question or challenge them. There was clearly a great contradiction between what women are told in theory and what actually happens in practice.

The more I pondered, the greater emptiness I fell within. I was slowly beginning to reach a stage where my dissatisfaction with my status as a woman in this society, was really a reflection of my greater dissatisfaction with society itself. Everything seemed to be degenerating backwards, despite all the claims that the 1990's was going to be a decade of success and prosperity. Something vital seemed to be missing from my life and nothing would fill this vacuum. Being a Christian didn't do anything for me, and I began to question the validity of only remembering God one day a week - Sundays! As with many other Christians too, I had become disillusioned by the hypocrisy of the Church and was becoming increasingly unhappy with the concept of the Trinity and the deification of Jesus. Eventually, I began to look in Islâm. At first I was only interested in looking into those issues which specifically dealt with women. I was surprised. What I read and learned taught me a lot about myself as a woman, and also about the real oppression of women lies: in every other system and way of life outside Islâm. Muslim women have been given their rights in every aspect with clear definitions of their role in society - as had men - with no injustices against either of them. As Allâh says: "Whoever does deeds of righteousness, by they male or female, and have faith, they will enter Paradise and not the least injustice will be done to them." [an-Nisâ' (4):124]

So having amended my misconceptions about the true status of women in Islâm, I was now looking further. I wanted to find that thing which was going to fill the vacuum in my life. My attention was drawn towards the beliefs and practices of Islâm. It was only through establishing the fundamentals that I would understand where to turn and what to prioritise. These are often areas which receive little attention or controversy in society, and when studying Islâmic creed, it becomes clear why this is the case: such concise, faultless and widely comprehensive details cannot be found elsewhere.
The fundamental belief of Islâm is Tawhîd which is a simple message 'lâ ilâha illallâh'. It is recognise that Allâh alone is to be worshipped and then to direct all worship towards Him - the root message which strikes at all false worship and it is the place where any person who seriously wants to learn about Islâm should start.

By this time I had begun to meet practising Muslim women and how I felt so secure and welcome in their company! There was a sense of tranquillity and humility about them and I wanted to share in that. These sisters, I regarded not only as friends, but advisors, and supporters too, and the beauty of their companionship was that every person was attracted due to the same reason: to help each other in worshipping Allâh. This is what united their hearts together. Allâh says: "And He has united their [i.e. the believers] hearts. If you had spent all that is in the earth, you could not have united their hearts, but Allâh has united them. Certainly He is All-Mighty, All-Wise." [al-Anfâl (8):63]
Alhamdulillâh, I accepted Islâm willingly.

Through my reading, researching and attending lectures, I have come to know my Rabb (Lord). I have come closer to acquainting myself with some of His Names (Asmâ') and Attributes (Sifât) of Beauty and Perfection. I have found this a great help in understanding the whole Religion. To know, for example, that among Allâh's Names is that He is the Most Wise (al-Hakîm) and the Most Just (al-'Adl), and therefore that He commands only that which is wise and just, would completely relieve a person from seeking to find justifications for Allâh's Laws, or from having having doubts about the fairness of Allâh's Laws. Now, alhamdulillâh, I can appreciate much more why the true Muslim scholars emphasise so strong for Muslims to learn about Allâh - His Asmâ' and Sifât - before trying to reason with Allâh's Laws. Unfortunate I would have been, had I taken the stance that "Islâm gives the best deal to women" and made this my reason for embracing Islâm because then my faith would have been without a firm ground and sooner or later I would have come across some laws ordained by Allâh that I couldn't logically / rationally understand or see the wisdom behind. Had I not studied the foundation of belief, namely Tawhîd and looked at how Allâh describes Himself in His Book, perhaps I would still be in darkness. And all praise and thanks is for Allâh who guided me to the truth - It is as He says: "Wherewith Allâh guides all those who seek His good pleasure, to ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness, by His will, into light and guides them to a Straight Path." [al-Mâ'idah (5):16]

The reason why women are turning to Islâm must certainly have something to do with the honour that Islâm gives them and the equality with which it deals with people, not only in terms of gender, but also in terms of race, nationality, class, etc. However, the overriding reason why I and so many others like me were attracted to Islâm was because Islâm answered the most important question which I had ever asked: "Why am I here on this earth?" So I crossed the divide and managed to see what lies on the other side ... alhamdulillâh, I chose Islâm.

Source: ad-Da'wah illa Allâh
Courtesy Of: SunnahOnline.com

by Hanîfah Ashawe

Certainly Sis Asia,,,
As said by Yousuf Islam... "Islam is too pure to b Mixed with other cultures,, It can lead Others can Imitate, But it cannot Imitate".

:jazaak:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Certainly Sis Asia,,,
As said by Yousuf Islam... "Islam is too pure to b Mixed with other cultures,, It can lead Others can Imitate, But it cannot Imitate".

:jazaak:

:salam2:

We iyaki dear brother. Mashallah those are really truthfull and beautiful words, Allahu Akbaar.:hijabi:

May Allah bless you dear brother for sharing it with us.

:wasalam:

Idris16

What's this!?

Bismillâh

The truth is dearer to me than falsehood so I say this thread should either get deleted or edited.

The Qur'an says Women Can argue with the Prophet {58:1}
Here's the âyah 58:1

Indeed Allah has heard the statement of her (Khaulah bint Tha'labah) that disputes with you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning her husband (Aus bin As-Samit), and complains to Allah. And Allah hears the argument between you both. Verily, Allah is All-Hearer, All-Seer.
In The Koran, God limits the number to 4 only under certain situations (with the Wife's permission)and Prefers you Marry Only One Wife{ Qur'an 4:3}
Getting the permission of the wife is NOT a condition for the validity of Polygamy. Here's the âyah 4:3

And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan-girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (the captives and the slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice.
Here is a list of previous Female Muslim leaders:​
Khadija bint Khuwaylid
Aishah bint Abu Bakr
Fatimah bint Muhammad
Barakah
Ramlah bint Abu Sufyan
Rumaysa bint Milhan
Umm Salamah
Asma bint Abu Bakr
Zaynab al-Ghazali
Maryum Jameelah​
^
Were they Muslim Leaders as in ''Presidents'', Kings..?

while the Quran (42:38) gave Women Voting rights almost 1,500 years ago.
Here's the âyah 42:38

And those who answer the Call of their Lord [i.e. to believe that He is the only One Lord (Allah), and to worship none but Him Alone], and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and who (conduct) their affairs by mutual consultation, and who spend of what We have bestowed on them;

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Chill out brother,

The reason women are converting to Islam is because their men, who are in jail, have converted to Islam. The largest number of converts is still men in jail. It is the only time in their lives they have been able to think. And when they think..Islam is the solution. The women follow.

rahman2040

Assalam

Bismillâh

The truth is dearer to me than falsehood so I say this thread should either get deleted or edited.

Here's the âyah 58:1

Indeed Allah has heard the statement of her (Khaulah bint Tha'labah) that disputes with you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning her husband (Aus bin As-Samit), and complains to Allah. And Allah hears the argument between you both. Verily, Allah is All-Hearer, All-Seer.Getting the permission of the wife is NOT a condition for the validity of Polygamy. Here's the âyah 4:3

And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan-girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (the captives and the slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice.^
Were they Muslim Leaders as in ''Presidents'', Kings..?

Here's the âyah 42:38

And those who answer the Call of their Lord [i.e. to believe that He is the only One Lord (Allah), and to worship none but Him Alone], and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and who (conduct) their affairs by mutual consultation, and who spend of what We have bestowed on them;

Brother i really appritiate ur comments.

Women Can argue with the Prophet
check here
http://www.islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php?sura=58

1. Here, hearing does not merely imply hearing a complaint but also

redressing the grievances.

2. The translators generally have translated these sentences in the

past tense, which tends to give the meaning that the woman had left

after relating her complaint and the Prophet (peace be upon him) some

time later might have received this revelation. That is why Allah has

said: We indeed heard what the woman said, who was pleading with you

and complaining to Us, and We were at that time hearing the

conversation of both of you. But in most of the traditions that have

been reported in the Hadith about this incident, it has been stated

that right at the time when the woman was relating the zihar

pronounced by her husband and complaining to the Prophet (peace be

upon him) to the effect that if she was separated from her husband,

she and her children would be ruined, the state of receiving

revelation appeared on the Prophet (peace be upon him) and these

verse’s were sent down. On this basis we have preferred rendering

these sentences in the present tense.

The woman concerning whom these verses were sent down was Khaulah

bint-Thalabah of the Khazraj tribe, and her husband, Aus bin Samit

Ansari, was brother of Ubadah bin Samit, the chief of the Aus tribe.

The story of the zihar upon her is related in detail below. What is

worth mentioning here is that the incident of woman’s complaint being

heard by Allah Almighty and the coming down of the divine command

immediately to redress her grievance was an event that earned her a

place of honor and esteem among the companions. Ibn Abi Hatim and

Baihaqi have related that once Umar was on his way out with some

companions. On the way he came across a woman, who stopped him; he

immediately stopped and listened to what she had to say patiently

with his head bent down, and did not move till she had finished. One

of the companions said: O commander of the faithful, you held back

the Quraish chiefs for so long for the sake of this old woman! Umar

said: Do you know who she is? She is Khaulah bint- Thalabah, the

woman whose complaint was heard at the seventh heaven. By God, even

if she had kept me standing till the night, I would have kept

standing. I would only have excused myself at the prayer times. Ibn

Abdul Barr has related in Al-Istiab this tradition from Qatadah: When

Umar came across this lady, on the way, he greeted her. After

answering his greeting, she said: O Umar, there was a time when I saw

you at the Ukaz festival. Then you were called Umair. You tended

goats with the shepherd’s staff in your hand. Then, not very long

after this, you began to be called Umar. Then a time came when the

people began addressing you as commander of the faithful. So, fear

Allah with regard to your subjects, and remember that the one who

fears Allah’s punishment, for him the stranger also is like a close

kinsman, and the one who fears death, may well lose that very thing

which he wants to save. At this Jarud Abdi, who was accompanying

Umar, said: O woman, you have talked insolently to the commander of

the faithful. Thereupon Umar said: Let her say whatever she has to

say. Do you know who she is? She was heard at the seventh heaven. So,

she deserves to be heard longer and with greater attention by Umar.

Imam Bukhari has also related briefly a story resembling to this.

check out this for poligamy permissions

http://www.islamswomen.com/marriage/islams_position_on_polygamy.php
http://www.wisemuslimwomen.org/currentissues/polygamy/
http://www.ddmb.net/Understand Islam/12.html
http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/w_islam/poly.htm
http://islamology.org/Overview/Women/Polygamy in Islam.htm
http://www.law.emory.edu/ifl/legal/egypt.htm

What i found was in some countries it is permissable to have poligamy

marriage with out the wife's permission and on the other hand some

countries like Egypt it is mandatory to take permission from first

wife to have a second wife.

For voting rights for women check here

http://www.understanding-islam.com/q-and-a/politics/women-and-

voting-rights-5409

ALLAH KNOWS BEST...

rahman2040

Assalam

Assalaam walaikum,

Chill out brother,

The reason women are converting to Islam is because their men, who are in jail, have converted to Islam. The largest number of converts is still men in jail. It is the only time in their lives they have been able to think. And when they think..Islam is the solution. The women follow.

AAPA i have come across so many revert stories,, But i never heard that women are converting to Islam is because their men, who are in jail, have converted to Islam....

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

I have another reason to mention. A major fraction of women converting to Islam are those who have love affairs with Muslim men. My sister is running a group on Facebook for newly reverted Muslims. Most of the members within the group are women and are those who converted to Islam marrying Muslim men.

Anyway,truth may reach an human being in any form.

Regards.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
We're tired of being treated like a slice of meat.
We're tired of being lied to and being told our worth depends on how good we look.
We want freedom.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu Alaykium,

Some of verses from the bible the website quoted are Hebrew bible. At the end of the day, women are converting because Allah SWT guided them! :)

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
We're tired of being treated like a slice of meat.
We're tired of being lied to and being told our worth depends on how good we look.
We want freedom.

This.

I'm tired of being treated by society like there's something wrong with me.
I'm tired of being lied to and told that my worth depends on whether or not I have a wife/girlfriend.

I want freedom.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

You may have heard revert stories as have I. And I speak the truth. Why would I be so arrogant as to write something untrue on an Islamic website.
Just because you have not heard of it does not make it untrue.

( why the red? )

alf2

Islam is a way of life
This.

I'm tired of being treated by society like there's something wrong with me.
I'm tired of being lied to and told that my worth depends on whether or not I have a wife/girlfriend.

I want freedom.

Bro i'll be honest with you, I feel bad for non-Muslim men who have to marry Non-Muslim women. A majority of them are obsessed with this world, status and really have no appreciation for their husbands.

When I was 18 years old, my sister in law tried to get me to go to an "adult" club but I said no. She took her wedding ring off and went clubbing. 9 months later she had a baby and had to get a DNA test to confirm who the father was.

It was not my brother, but he formally adopted that girl and is raising her as his own.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
AAPA i have come across so many revert stories,, But i never heard that women are converting to Islam is because their men, who are in jail, have converted to Islam....

You should look up the population of American prison inmates who are African American or Hispanic and convert to Islam. SOME of them convert to the Nation of Islam (Like Malcom X did) But from what I've heard the majority are true Muslims not some cult like NoI.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Bro i'll be honest with you, I feel bad for non-Muslim men who have to marry Non-Muslim women. A majority of them are obsessed with this world, status and really have no appreciation for their husbands.

When I was 18 years old, my sister in law tried to get me to go to an "adult" club but I said no. She took her wedding ring off and went clubbing. 9 months later she had a baby and had to get a DNA test to confirm who the father was.

It was not my brother, but he formally adopted that girl and is raising her as his own.

As a Western convert to Islam living in a Western society, this is something that I deal with every day. I have had debates with my friends and family, and even my counselor about this. There is a certain expectation in our society that if you are not involved with someone by a certain age, then there is something wrong with you.

I have never been to an adult club. Some of my friends have and they have tried to talk me into going, but I've always been able to make excuses not to go.

Our society places too much emphasis on relationships and sex. I find myself struggling constantly not to look at women when I am out, and not to think about women when I am at home. Sometimes I hate being single, but this is the way it must be for now. Allah has shown me that much.

alf2

Islam is a way of life

As a Western convert to Islam living in a Western society, this is something that I deal with every day. I have had debates with my friends and family, and even my counselor about this. There is a certain expectation in our society that if you are not involved with someone by a certain age, then there is something wrong with you.

I have never been to an adult club. Some of my friends have and they have tried to talk me into going, but I've always been able to make excuses not to go.

Our society places too much emphasis on relationships and sex. I find myself struggling constantly not to look at women when I am out, and not to think about women when I am at home. Sometimes I hate being single, but this is the way it must be for now. Allah has shown me that much.

Dont you live in Alabama? The whole "married by a certain age" thing I think is southern. I remember graduating high school in '07 and the majority of the girls were married, engaged or even pregnant. I have Yankee friends and they say they dont feel that kind of pressure. But I did too, my mom pressured me into marrying this loser right out of high school Thank God I didnt because I'd be supporting him right now since he cant show up to work and keep a job.

Dont worry, one day insha'Allah you'll find a good woman and get married. But being single is not a bad thing, just hard temptation wise. Some other bros here may can help you with that, dont be shy to PM them or post in the Brother's Only area.

But dont get me wrong - women deal with that too. We have to lower our gaze as well.

Example: Where i take classes, half the building is the nursing division (all women at this time by chance) and the other half are fire science (future firefighters) which is mostly men. The other day, half way through the lecture the fire science dudes were outside working out doing pull ups and running and such, and the girls in my class opened the window and were shouting.."Take your clothes off!" I was like..........:angryred: