Why did you become Muslim ? (post your answer)

sabs1164

AmatuLLaH
i became a muslim after i was told that Jesus is not GOD and that he was a Prophet of GOD.

i always used to ask why when you are a christian nomatter how much you prayer people succeed in doing black magic on you. I was convinced that there must be a way to over power the devil.
Then i realised that it was because we were not worshipping the One and True GOD so how can you be saved.
all these things brought me closer to islam.

i have never experienced the sweetness of worship till i became a muslim.

Now its our duty to share the knowledge of Islam with non-muslims.

ALLAHU NOORUS-SAMAAWAATI WAL-ARDH.
(ALLAH IS THE LIGHT OF THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH)

ALLAH PROTECT.
:wasalam:

mosabaig

Sweetness of Imaan

:salam2:

Even all of us born into islamic families at certain point attain Imaan or faith. I was may be 17 when in England preacher on his Sunday tour came to my house and handed me a Bible in my langauge to read I read it and thought i should bring a translation of Quran also now and compare it. The first few pages when read carefully changed me also inside and I relized the effect of the Quran and one's heart says that's it you found what everyone is looking for now hold it and never let it go. I pray also for that preacher to get guidance as he initiated me to look into Quran. Amin

diamond007

I'm so glad that you so quickly felt at peace with Islam. I also was just one of those who became religious when they needed something. All of a sudden then, I never forgot to pray! Islam truly gives you such understanding of who we are and what we are doing here. I never felt that comfortable as a Christian because I was never really sure who I was praying to. I never felt in my heart that Jesus was God. When I met my husband (muslim)I found it so awesome that he knew more about my religion than me. I would say, "Oh no, that can't be so " and would run to look it up and sure enough he was right! When I met his Dad again Iwas in awe listening to him recite the Koran (without reading it). This religion was SO in the heart of these people that they could memorize the whole book! I have never met a pastor, minister or what have you, who could do that! I knew then that there had to be something to this! watching the Hajj on tv is amazing as well. I hope one day to be able to be part of that.

DCP80

I have not converted/reverted as such but I thought I would share my story so far....
I have always been interested in Islam and had friends that were Muslim that I questioned but that was as far as I ever went really, I did some reading about the religion a few years ago but maybe I wasn't ready at that time and I kind of got on with my life and left it.
Recently I have done a lot more reading, I think it is because I have received what I would call three major signs about Islam. My first major sign was 3 years ago when I was given an English translated Quran by a friend of mine that I read a bit, my second sign was when I moved into a new flat and in the room I had chosen there was a Quran in Arabic sitting on top of the wardrobe, which although I couldn't read I kept and respected. The third sign came in the form of a person that is very important to me and without trying to push me into Islam had encouraged me to find out more.
I have since read a book about the life story of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and although it was a bit difficult to follow for someone with a basic knowledge of the religion it has hit something within me and I have started reading a book that although simplified does give me the information I need at this point. As I read more I find myself understanding it all and a lot of my personal beliefs in God are supported within the Quran. I have always believed in one God and that if you are a good person then you will go to heaven and Islam teaches there is but one God (Allah) and that you should live your life making good deeds and getting points. I also believed that Jesus (Peace be upon him) although a very important person was not the son of God and I never fully understood why I was asked to prayer towards the image of Jesus upon a cross.
I feel that Islam is calling me and that I just need to accept the call, I am very confident I will do so but as I am always reminded it is a life changing decision that you need to be certain about... I am often told that you should convert as fast as you can because you never know what tomorrow will bring but at the same time I think you have to have no doubts and rushing into things leads to mistakes so I am therefore resisting converting/reverting too quickly.
I have however given up alcohol for the past 8 months and other than a mistake once given up pork for the past 5 months.

If anyone knows if any other sites or books they have read about Islam that helped please share them and thanks for reading.

Casanyo

I have not converted/reverted as such but I thought I would share my story so far....
I have always been interested in Islam and had friends that were Muslim that I questioned but that was as far as I ever went really, I did some reading about the religion a few years ago but maybe I wasn't ready at that time and I kind of got on with my life and left it.
Recently I have done a lot more reading, I think it is because I have received what I would call three major signs about Islam. My first major sign was 3 years ago when I was given an English translated Quran by a friend of mine that I read a bit, my second sign was when I moved into a new flat and in the room I had chosen there was a Quran in Arabic sitting on top of the wardrobe, which although I couldn't read I kept and respected. The third sign came in the form of a person that is very important to me and without trying to push me into Islam had encouraged me to find out more.
I have since read a book about the life story of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and although it was a bit difficult to follow for someone with a basic knowledge of the religion it has hit something within me and I have started reading a book that although simplified does give me the information I need at this point. As I read more I find myself understanding it all and a lot of my personal beliefs in God are supported within the Quran. I have always believed in one God and that if you are a good person then you will go to heaven and Islam teaches there is but one God (Allah) and that you should live your life making good deeds and getting points. I also believed that Jesus (Peace be upon him) although a very important person was not the son of God and I never fully understood why I was asked to prayer towards the image of Jesus upon a cross.
I feel that Islam is calling me and that I just need to accept the call, I am very confident I will do so but as I am always reminded it is a life changing decision that you need to be certain about... I am often told that you should convert as fast as you can because you never know what tomorrow will bring but at the same time I think you have to have no doubts and rushing into things leads to mistakes so I am therefore resisting converting/reverting too quickly.
I have however given up alcohol for the past 8 months and other than a mistake once given up pork for the past 5 months.

If anyone knows if any other sites or books they have read about Islam that helped please share them and thanks for reading.

which subjects of islam are you interested in?

Shak78

:salam2:

I was raised by a mother who was shall we say agnostic. She believed in God but after her parents had forced her to attend Christian school and Church so she was against forcing any relgion on me. When I was 17 I started searching for a religion that fit me and made me feel it was the truth. I attended a Catholic Church, studying Judisism, Budhism, Hinduism, Islam ect. I took my time and researched everything I could find. I keep being pulled back to Islam and so I spent over a year studying it, different sects, history ect. When I came back from military school in the summer of 1999 I went to the local mosque and started talking to Muslims there. My friends took me to their various Churches in hopes I would join thier Church.

It took me about oh 6 months to come to the realization that Islam was the True faith but I made sure I took my time, being a political science student I have been trained to research things throughly. I decided to take the Shahada in May of 2000 and I have been happy ever since. I bought my mom the book "Daughters of another Path" to help her understand my conversion but she never accepted it and after a car accident killed a friend of hers she became Wiccian. Sadly she passed away in June of 2008. So that's my story, nothing magical or earth shaking lol

AneesaSofia

Assalymu Allakum,
I became Muslim after becoming more and more interested in it and after doing a little research I took the Shahada. My life style before becoming Muslim was not great and I knew I needed to change my behavior for the sake of my daughter. I grew up in a home that was lutheran but came to find out after I became an adult that my parents were Pagan, I never understand those two religions and when I started researching Islam I found that Islam is the one religion that hasn't changed. In my heart I knew Islam was the only religion for me and my family. I struggle learning more about the religion and the knowledge that I can get from the internet helps but I sometimes wonder if the sources are completely reliable.

sementa.38

Selamun Aleykum. I'm Muslim and Turkish. Also my family is Muslim. But last teo year, I read so much regional book. I recognized my region. Muslim gave me happiness.

Jeff

I became a Muslim after reading about the basics. I thought, if I'm feeling like this after only an hours worth of reading, something must be right about it. I knew there was a creator but I never believed the christians various versions. There was always something missing, mostly the truth. Islam is really quite easy to understand. You serve, worship & obey one God, no idols or wooden sticks or props to look to for divine intervention. I have never been happier and feel as though I really do have a family of brothers & sisters throughout the world. Think about it, 5 times a day we all stop what we're doing and give praise to our God. Sometimes I find it hard to believe this is possible, but it is and it is awesome!Alhamdulillah! Despite western influences and filthy lies in the media about Islam & Muslims, it is my religion & I'm Muslim, and will never not be one, Inshallah

omarryam

Wow jeff, what a great inspiration .... I have been born a Muslim but never took it seriously until I watched a lot of converts videos on yourtube. I was a shamed that non Muslims are holding on to this religion and I born with it but never practiced. Now alhamdullilah I got on with my prayers and love reading/watching convert stories. I consider myself one.

Alex87

UmmJamal
I took my Shahada because I had finally found the truth that I had been searching for. My soul was thirsty and only by worshiping Allah with Sunnah of the beloved Mohammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam could that thirst be quenched. Wallahi Islam is a gift unparalleled by anything else in dunya so do not waste it. To say the kufar live in ignorance and darkness isn't enough. Alhumdulilah!

Pylo

I was born in a secular family, that nearly has no ties with the islam except it writes Islam for their religion in their ID cards.

Other than that i was not thought to islam, i was not raised in it's ways, actually i was raised in the opposite direction.
My father, only once took me to an eid salah, which i do not even remember which eid that was.

Then, i do not know, i started to think that there is something wrong going on in my life. Alhamdulillah i have never rejected Allah, thereofre i started to think in this way :" Yes, i do believe in Allah. But, what do i do for him ? I do not know what Allah says in Qur'an. Why don't i ? This not a good way of living or believing".
Some months after i started to read the Qur'an, alhamdulillah!
Each ayah was describing my ownself to me :redface: As if it was rubbing my face into the things i did previously.

Alhamdulillah it was not hard at all to accept things in it. :)

So..it just happened. I haven't done anything.
Allah did.
Alhamdulillah

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
^Sister harb, perfectly put. I could just copy/paste

:salam2: :wasalam:

I sat to read Qur'an with an open heart. Within 10 pages it was as if a veil lifted from my eyes. If I could remember which Surah, I would tell you, but maybe that detail is unimportant now.

How Allah swt brought me to open the book at that page, much longer story

Men of Allah

Ya Allah,Ya Rahim.
Assalamualaikum WR WBr..

What person was not "born Muslim"? Whether or not a baby has Muslim parents, he/she is still born pure.

Why did I Accepted Islam? Because it encapsulated everything I thought to be the essences of humanity, because my heart was drawn to the words of Allah, and because I believed that great efforts were taken to show me this path that to refuse it would be a mistake on my part.

Alhamdulillah, I accepted Islam by way of guidance due to reading a translation of the Holy Quran.
I accepted Islam 21 years ago as a teenager.
I am an Indonesian, and now live in U.S., not meaning my parents immigrated here just before I was born, but meaning my ancestors immigrated here many many years ago..

No, I did not change my name to an Arab name because My Mom give me that Name, and I like my name and because I am not Arab!

Islam is logic for the mind and beauty for the heart.

Wasallam.

Merian

As salam aleikum

I think that I've always have been a muslim. Have that inside calling but it did take years to say shahada. And even then I had to travel to turkey to made that come true.

ahmed issa

well that was a small era that should be pointed and ddition to that you should have given some more explainations on islam and what islam and the comfort of islam. Thank you.