Why do some ppl follow Qur'an and Sunnah and reject Hadith?

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum brothers and sisters. I hope everyone is in good health and high iman!

A few weeks ago, I joined a woman's group and we post questions to get to know each other and answer questions, give advice, and so on. It was a mixed group with Muslims and non Muslims with the majority being Muslim.

Anyway, there were several debates in which some women would argue over why they reject hadith and only follow Qur'an. :astag:

Also, one sister said she does not believe that Dajjal will come and does not believe he exists. I read a hadith about Dajjal and several reports that he'll appear in Isfahan, Iran. I don't doubt this, but I'm wondering how can they be Muslim when they reject certain aspects of Islam?

Also, is it haraam to talk about things that happens between a man and his wife in bed? Isn't that personal? Advice/help is one thing, but to explicitly talk on and on is bad right? :shymuslima1:

Please forgive me if I have said anything out of ignorance, I just want to know after observing these women and what they said puzzled me..

Tomtom

Banned
Wa Alaikkum As'alaam sis

Anyway, there were several debates in which some women would argue over why they reject hadith and only follow Qur'an.

The reason is that some people feel that the Hadiths are hearsay. All of the sayings are from a third party, for example, narrated by Abu Hurriara or so and so said to me, or the Prophet (pbuh) said....

There are so many of these that some are classified as Sahih (authentic) whilst others are not. Again, some people are denying that nobody can authenticate these except the Prophet (pbuh) humself.

Allau Alum.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
:wasalam:

I don't think it's a good idea to discuss deeper Islamic concepts and issues in a group composed of Muslims and non-Muslims, you would only confused the non-Muslims more. I think such groups are better as Muslims only group.

Believing in the hadith is part of the faith of Islam, to reject it is to reject Islam as well. Hadith is authentic verified recorded sayings of the Prophet (s). The hadith rejectors are deviant and have a sect of their own called al-Qur’aaniyyeen. They are deviant and astray just as other sects of Islam are. There will be 73 sects in Islam and only 1 will go to Jannah and that is the one what will be on the Quran AND the Sunnah.

You can inshallah read more on this at the links below.

The misguided sect of al-Qur’aaniyyeen - http://islamqa.com/en/ref/3440

Given the Qur’aan and something like it - http://islamqa.com/en/ref/128162

There is a complete science of hadith that verifies whether a hadith is authentic, weak, strong, fabricated and so forth. Many people are ignorant of this and think some people just went around asking others and wrote it down as hadith and it can't be trusted. One has to study the history of how all this started and how Allah protected this deen and the Sunnah and not just the Quran.

The Science of Hadith - http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/hadeeth/soh/

Yes, it is haram and a big sin to talk about the intimates of the bedroom. Only person you could tell and in limited sense to a professional if you had to for sake of seeking advice. Otherwise that is between you and your spouse and not something to tell the world.

You can read more about it here:

Etiquette of intimate relations - http://islamqa.com/en/ref/5560

You should inshallah advise them about the ills of their way and if they persist then you should leave that group, sunnah is to be in good company and not bad one.

Tomtom

Banned
Oh I forgot your other question.

Narrated Abu Sa`id:
One day Allah's Apostle narrated to us a long narration about Ad-Dajjal and among the things he narrated to us, was: "Ad-Dajjal will come, and he will be forbidden to enter the mountain passes of Medina. He will encamp in one of the salt areas neighboring Medina and there will appear to him a man who will be the best or one of the best of the people. He will say 'I testify that you are Ad-Dajjal whose story Allah's Apostle has told us.' Ad-Dajjal will say (to his audience), 'Look, if I kill this man and then give him life, will you have any doubt about my claim?' They will reply, 'No,' Then Ad- Dajjal will kill that man and then will make him alive. The man will say, 'By Allah, now I recognize you more than ever!' Ad-Dajjal will then try to kill him (again) but he will not be given the power to do so."

English reference: Vol. 9, Book 88, Hadith 246
Arabic reference: Book 93, Hadith 7219

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
You may ask them, without hadith how do they pray? What is the timing for each prayers? How do they perform wudhu'? How do they know their wudhu' nullified? There are list of question they have to answer if they reject hadith.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

As others have written..to talk to many who reject Islam is like talking to concrete.

In terms of hadith...for simple folks like me..well it breaks down the faith. They give us gems to follow. It is the comfort zone of Islam. We are human and prone to mistakes. We learn about the compassion of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. We learn how to implement our faith.
You know the dumb daily life stuff and how to go about doing it in the correct manner.

As for the Ad-Dajjal well, don't we have a dua to protect us.

And we all know that it is the whisperings of the shytan to discuss the intimate details of man and wife. We use the word union. That is a powerful word. Why would you want anything to break that bond?

Sakeena

Assalaam walaikum,

As others have written..to talk to many who reject Islam is like talking to concrete.

In terms of hadith...for simple folks like me..well it breaks down the faith. They give us gems to follow. It is the comfort zone of Islam. We are human and prone to mistakes. We learn about the compassion of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. We learn how to implement our faith.
You know the dumb daily life stuff and how to go about doing it in the correct manner.

As for the Ad-Dajjal well, don't we have a dua to protect us.

And we all know that it is the whisperings of the shytan to discuss the intimate details of man and wife. We use the word union. That is a powerful word. Why would you want anything to break that bond?

asalam alaikum Aapa. :SMILY259:

They were talking about having threesomes with their husband and co-wife and other bad things. I couldn't believe what I was reading. How sick! :girl3:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Neither can I sweet sister...

I would rather discuss a cake recipe. I do not know why but men love cakes. They walk in the house and you are baking a cake...well the rest must be left for the sisters section....

Please sister do not visit that site anymore..it is not of any benefit to you. I would hand these young women an old toothbrush with bleach and tell them to clean the toilet to perfection.

Sakiyurai

Assalaam walaikum,

Neither can I sweet sister...

I would rather discuss a cake recipe. I do not know why but men love cakes. They walk in the house and you are baking a cake...well the rest must be left for the sisters section....

Please sister do not visit that site anymore..it is not of any benefit to you. I would hand these young women an old toothbrush with bleach and tell them to clean the toilet to perfection.

Assalaamualaikum

Can I have a cake??? Pretty pleaaaaaaaase?

(Just kidding, my friend :D)

Wassalaamualaikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I will bake for all my brothers and sisters anytime. InshaAllah..just tell me what you like..

If I have not welcomed you to the TTI family please let me welcome you.

B.H.

I admit that most people parading as "Quran alone" have an agenda but there have been doubts raised about "hadith science" that have not been answered to my satisfaction.

For one, reading through Bukhari, it seems the sources of hadith could not remember everything they were talking about perfectly. Also, no one shows me how this "hadith science" actually is fool proof and does what it actually says it does.

I am not telling any of you to throw out the hadith, just why I have my doubts.

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum B.H.

I know there are instances as you have just pointed out where people could not remember certain things but doesn't that make it more authentic? I mean forgetfulness is an endearing human characteristic, and it tells me that these were not made up.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I admit that most people parading as "Quran alone" have an agenda but there have been doubts raised about "hadith science" that have not been answered to my satisfaction.

For one, reading through Bukhari, it seems the sources of hadith could not remember everything they were talking about perfectly. Also, no one shows me how this "hadith science" actually is fool proof and does what it actually says it does.

You should not have doubt once you learn "Mustalah al-Hadith".

islamerica

1 Ummah under God

And this is exactly why it is important to study Islam. The laymen will keep having doubts and keep building their believes on whisperings of the shaytan. Inshallah when you go study islamic properly from an islamic instituition, you will learn about all this enough to answer your own questions as well as have sheikhs there to pick their brains.

Sakeena

asalam alaikum, thank you everyone! url=http://emoticoner.com]
piece-of-cake-smiley-14.gif
[/url]

a_stranger

You are welcome
Bukhari was written by a very sincere truthful man telling what the most sincere truthfull men heard from our prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam . They were so sensitive so careful not to lie or say something false that is why they say sometime : I think ....I guess. Otherwise no book -except Quran -in the world was written with such honesty as this book. We should make a good effort to understand the complete picture. And Allah knows best.