Why do they suicide bomb themselves?

Ibn Uthaymin

@"Hilal Said"

Barakllahy feek. Suicide bombers are hell-bound iA.

And those who blow themselves up in markets and mosque are scum. May Allah curse them

Idris16

In Palestine or other places where muslims are living under foreign occupation I wouldn´t call kind of operations (when target is military, not civilians) as suicide bombings but as martydom operations.
:salam2:

Since I don't believe it to be permissible, I still understand why the Palestinians used to this. Though it should be known the Palestinians don't do it anymore. And if you believe it's martyrdom operation, then be true to yourself and don't say it's only allowed in Palestine and haraam in other places:)

@"Hilal Said"

Barakllahy feek. Suicide bombers are hell-bound iA.

And those who blow themselves up in markets and mosque are scum. May Allah curse them
May Allâh azza wa jall guide you. Allah forgives everything except shirk like suicide if He wants! So do not say hell bound as if they would automatically enter jahannam. May Allah guide you brother!

Ibn Uthaymin

Since I don't believe it to be permissible, I still understand why the Palestinians used to this. Though it should be known the Palestinians don't do it anymore. And if you believe it's martyrdom operation, then be true to yourself and don't say it's only allowed in Palestine and haraam in other places:)

May Allâh azza wa jall guide you. Allah forgives everything except shirk like suicide if He wants! So do not say hell bound as if they would automatically enter jahannam. May Allah guide you brother!

{And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell to abide therein, and the Wrath and the Curse of Allah are upon him, and a great punishment is prepared for him}, [Soorah an-Nisaa, Aayah 93].

"Indeed, whoever (intentionally) kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever", [Bukhaaree (5778) and Muslim (109 and 110)].

The words used in the Quran are "abadan" forever.

And of course Allah forgives all sins, even shirk. But the suicide bomber doesn't ask for forgiveness.

“Say: O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Sûrah al-Zumar: 53]

I wanna make excuses for my fellow Muslims. But then again, no one ever equates major sins which haven't been repented from to heaven.

Allahul Musta`aan

Idris16

When I talk about not forgiving shirk then I mean dying as a mushrik and Allah don't forgive a mushrik. SubhanAllah fear Allah, if Allah forgives everything then don't say hell-bound either you take back what you said or remain silent. You think Allah don't forgive the sins which the person never asked forgiveness for? Allah forgives everything if He wants except shirk even if you didn't repent some of the sins.

I wont argue more and watch my video
v
v

Ibn Uthaymin

Same here. when i talk about suicide bombing i mean someone who doesnt repent and is not capable of repenting since he is dead.

I said " Hell bound iA (inshaa Allah)" which means if Allah wills. My statements are not contradictory.

I cant dictate whose going heaven or hell. But we have a a clear guideline.

And I cant even see your video.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I wrote in my post as "In Palestine or other places where muslims are living under foreign occupation"

We who are living in place without daily oppression of foreing occupation may see it differently. We don´t walk by shoes of our oppressed sisters and brothers. We might not be the best ones to advice how they should live and behave.

Mairo

Maryama
In Palestine or other places where muslims are living under foreign occupation I wouldn´t call kind of operations (when target is military, not civilians) as suicide bombings but as martydom operations.

Asalaamu aleikum dear Sister Harb,

With all due respect, I hope you will consider again the hadith and quranic verses posted on this topic. The suicide bombings are really not a method that is in line with martyrdom, at all.

Why does a person feel obliged to attach a bomb to themselves which kills themself in the process of defending themselves / launching an attack against an enemy (and as others have pointed out, depending on the location they could also kill innocent people and even other muslims in the process) thereby committing suicide? This is easily avoided. Why not just launch the bombs at military/enemy targets, without attaching it to a person and blowing themselves up as well? Or use guns or other weapons that will enable them to more specifically target the enemy. And thereby would avoid killing themselves, and any innocent parties, in the process. If they are kept alive then they would be able to continue to contributing to the Ummah, which would really be much better for both the community and to attain their goals. Which is in line with what the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, and the Companions demonstrated.

If people are deliberately killing themselves in the process I'm afraid they are deluding themselves into thinking they will attain martyrdom by doing so. But it is clear, if you review the evidences, that this is not the way to martyrdom. I would hate for anyone to end up with the punishment prescribed by Allah for such an act, if it is at all possible to keep someone from it. May Allah increase us in knowledge and guide us in the Straight Way, enabling us in repentance.

Wasalaam