Why do they suicide bomb themselves?

Perseveranze

No, the west uses it to defame Islam. But these people, they suicide bomb out of revenge/hatred, I mean if your country got invaded and your family members killed before your eyes, how would you feel?

Sadly they let their emotional hatred take over, ignore the teachings of Islam and tread the wrong path.

Idris16

I don't believe in the use of 'defaming' the deen when clearly the terrorists are NOT Muslims. Without doubt, America is bringing terrorism everywhere. And evil is bound to perish.

It's not necessary to believe sacrifice operations to be halaal because of losing family members. I'm sure there are people that believe in the use of those operations to be halaal.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
No, the west uses it to defame Islam. But these people, they suicide bomb out of revenge/hatred, I mean if your country got invaded and your family members killed before your eyes, how would you feel?

Sadly they let their emotional hatred take over, ignore the teachings of Islam and tread the wrong path.

I agree. I think the suicide bombings are more politically aimed than religiously. But some Muslims who do this, are brainwashed into believing it is not haram.

Surely, if one commits suicide and kills innocent people in the process, they have only ALLAH to fear on judgment day. :girl3: They are not Martyrs.

Perseveranze

" How can you disbelieve? Seeing that you were dead and He gave you life. Then He will give you death, then again will bring you to life (on the Day of Resurrection) and then unto Him you will return." (Surah Al-Baqarah Verse 28)

"And I (Allah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)". (Surah Adh-Dhariyat Verse 56)

"And do not kill yourselves. Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you". (Surah An-Nisa Verse 29)

"And do not throw yourselves in destruction". (Surah Al-Baqarah Verse 195)

Personally, suicide is a sin(judging from those verses). And the killing of innocents that comes with it, is worst.

Nm_17

Lack of education sometimes and other times they have no option. For many are tempted with the knowledge that their families will be fed and looked after. We all love our families and we wouldn't be able to watch our families die in front of our eyes without us being able to do something. There will be no poverty for their families if they sacrifice their life. But they are msiguided :( unfortunately.
We should be thankful for what we have :) and thank Allah (swt) every chance we get :D

adanshai

Suicide is a suicide you can rename it to someother name

Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 23 :: Hadith 446
Narrated Abu Huraira-:

The Prophet said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell Fire (forever) and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself shall keep on stabbing himself in the Hell-Fire."

Bukhari :: Book 5 :: Volume 59 :: Hadith 514
Narrated Sahl bin Sad As Saidi:

Allah's Apostle (and his army) encountered the pagans and the two armies.,, fought and then Allah's Apostle returned to his army camps and the others (i.e. the enemy) returned to their army camps. Amongst the companions of the Prophet there was a man who could not help pursuing any single isolated pagan to strike him with his sword. Somebody said, "None has benefited the Muslims today more than so-and-so." On that Allah's Apostle said, "He is from the people of the Hell-Fire certainly." A man amongst the people (i.e. Muslims) said, "I will accompany him (to know the fact)." So he went along with him, and whenever he stopped he stopped with him, and whenever he hastened, he hastened with him. The (brave) man then got wounded severely, and seeking to die at once, he planted his sword into the ground and put its point against his chest in between his breasts, and then threw himself on it and committed suicide. On that the person (who was accompanying the deceased all the time) came to Allah's Apostle and said, "I testify that you are the Apostle of Allah." The Prophet said, "Why is that (what makes you say so)?" He said "It is concerning the man whom you have already mentioned as one of the dwellers of the Hell-Fire. The people were surprised by your statement, and I said to them, "I will try to find out the truth about him for you." So I went out after him and he was then inflicted with a severe wound and because of that, he hurried to bring death upon himself by planting the handle of his sword into the ground and directing its tip towards his chest between his breasts, and then he threw himself over it and committed suicide." Allah's Apostle then said, "A man may do what seem to the people as the deeds of the dwellers of Paradise but he is from the dwellers of the Hell-Fire and another may do what seem to the people as the deeds of the dwellers of the Hell-Fire, but he is from the dwellers of Paradise."

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 77 :: Hadith 603
Narrated Abu Huraira:

We witnessed along with Allah's Apostle the Khaibar (campaign). Allah's Apostle told his companions about a man who claimed to be a Muslim, "This man is from the people of the Fire." When the battle started, the man fought very bravely and received a great number of wounds and got crippled. On that, a man from among the companions of the Prophet came and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you know what the man you described as of the people of the Fire has done? He has fought very bravely for Allah's Cause and he has received many wounds." The Prophet said, "But he is indeed one of the people of the Fire." Some of the Muslims were about to have some doubt about that statement. So while the man was in that state, the pain caused by the wounds troubled him so much that he put his hand into his quiver and took out an arrow and committed suicide with it. Off went some men from among the Muslims to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Allah has made your statement true. So-and-so has committed suicide." Allah's Apostle said, "O Bilal! Get up and announce in public: None will enter Paradise but a believer, and Allah may support this religion (Islam) with a wicked man."

If these people only knew the some of the above Sahih Hadiths

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I really didn't plan on commenting, but I just wanted to put one thing out there. That although I don't condone suicide bombing and I do believe that it is Haraam, what I will say is that sometimes you have to walk a lifetime in someone's shoes before you can ask that question of - why?

And Islam doesn't need fame, since it already has truth and perfection on its side. And the ones who look into it with an open heart will see that inshaAllaah. We just have to do our best to put our best da'wah out there and not be apologetic for Islaam, because as I said, Islaam is pefect and we have nothing to feel ashamed about.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
I Heard in certain situations it is permissible.
For example shaikh albani (rah) said that it is permisible under a General to fight off enemy units.
Anyways, I also heard that for the people in felistine it is permissible becasue they lack any source of weaponry and their sources are either Rocks or suicide bombing.
Allahu alaam.
things are hard to judge with current affairs because we seem to have different views on Jihad and what not .. It's very ambigious. Where is the Jihad? Who's doing the jihad. and Whos not doing the Jihad. Is it fardh etc.

Muib Khan

I Heard in certain situations it is permissible.
For example shaikh albani (rah) said that it is permisible under a General to fight off enemy units.
Anyways, I also heard that for the people in felistine it is permissible becasue they lack any source of weaponry and their sources are either Rocks or suicide bombing.
Allahu alaam.
things are hard to judge with current affairs because we seem to have different views on Jihad and what not .. It's very ambigious. Where is the Jihad? Who's doing the jihad. and Whos not doing the Jihad. Is it fardh etc.
i.e. Khilafah. which is not present now. meaning it is not allowed anyway.

Imam Muhammad Nāsir ad-Dīn al-Albāni, considered by his contemporaries to
be the Muhaddith of the Era par excellence, is often presented as the notable
exception amongst the orthodox Sunni scholars to have permitted so-called
martyrdom operations under certain conditions and prerequisites. However,
because those conditions and prerequisites are absent – most notably, a single
temporal Islamic authority or khalīfa over all Muslims who can weigh the military
merits of such an act and exploit its benefits – al-Albāni held not only suicide
bombing, but even seemingly suicidal attacks to be harām.27

27 It was due to the same consideration – the absence of the khilāfa – that al-Albāni also held that
obligatory jihad (i.e. jihād fard ‘ayn) does not exist in this day and age and those who declare it or
claim to wage it do so without legitimate Islamic authority.
source
salafimanhaj dot com
Marytrdon vs suicide bombing e book

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
What about people in palestine though? Do you condemn them ?
I don't because there is something in islam.... For example. If you have no choice but to eat pork you do it.. If you had an option not to do it , you would.. Etc.

I believe the palestine situation falls under taht and Allahu alam.

Albani never said khilafate of the muslim Ummah. he said a General.. That general could be Usama bin laden.. It's not a speicifc head of state.
Anyways.. Albani also said that the palestinians should flee palestine.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
I don't believe in the use of 'defaming' the deen when clearly the terrorists are NOT Muslims. Without doubt, America is bringing terrorism everywhere. And evil is bound to perish.

It's not necessary to believe sacrifice operations to be halaal because of losing family members. I'm sure there are people that believe in the use of those operations to be halaal.

salam alaikum

I'm with him,
this is true, I can't believe the media and other supporting US
there are Black Water agent everywhere and these agents are doing this to malign Islam, to defame Islam.
to put the false trust of US in peoples' mind

@bro h4mza: don't fall in the trap of their plan, don't trust on media and what you hear from the side.

victory is gonna ours Insha Allah, it is promised by Allah subhanahu wa ta'la
be in the team, let us united

JazakALlah khair
wassalam

Hilal Said

The Words of Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen Concerning Suicide Bombings

Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said in his explanation of Riyaadus-Saaliheen (1/165-166), whilst giving some points of benefit from the hadeeth of Suhayb, may Allaah be pleased with him:

"That Allaah¹s Messenger, sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam, said, "There used to be a king amongst those who came before you, and he had a sorcerer. So when he grew old he said to the king, I have become old so send a boy to me so that I can teach him sorcery" the hadeeth. (Riyaadhus-Saaliheen, no. 30)

Fourthly: That it is permissible for a person to expose himself to danger for a matter of general benefit to the Muslims, because the boy indicated to the king the way in which he would be able to kill him, and which would lead to his demise, which was that he should take an arrow from his quiver etc.

Shaikhul-Islaam (Ibn Taymiyyah) said, "Because this was a Jihaad in Allaah¹s cause, which caused a whole nation to truly believe, and he did not really lose anything, since although he died he would have to die anyway, sooner or later."

But as for what some people do regarding activities of suicide, tying explosives to themselves and then approaching Unbelievers and detonating them amongst them, then this is a case of suicide and Allaah¹s refuge is sought. So whoever commits suicide then he will be consigned eternally to Hell-Fire, remaining there forever, as occurs in the hadeeth of the Prophet, sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam. (i.e., his, sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam, saying, " and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, then the iron weapon will remain in his hand, and he will continuously stab himself in his belly with it in the Fire of Hell eternally, forever and ever." Reported by al-Bukhaaree, no. 5778 and Muslim, no. 109, in the Book of Eemaan.)

Because this person has killed himself and has not benefited Islaam. So if he kills himself along with ten, or a hundred, or two hundred other people, then Islaam will not benefit by that, since the people will not accept Islaam, contrary to the story of the boy. Rather it will probably just make the enemy more determined, and this action will provoke malice and bitterness in his heart to such an extent that he may seek to wreak havoc upon the Muslims.

This is what is found from the practice of the Jews with the people of Palestine so when one of the Palestinian blows himself up and kills six or seven people, then in retaliation they take sixty or more. So this does not produce any benefit for the Muslims, and does not benefit those amongst whose ranks explosives are detonated.

So what we hold is that those people who perform these suicide (bombings) have wrongfully committed suicide, and that this necessitates entry into Hell-Fire, and Allaah¹s refuge is sought and that this person is not a martyr (shaheed). However if a person has done this based upon misinterpretation, thinking that it is permissible, then we hope that he will be saved from sin, but as for martyrdom being written for him, then no, since he has not taken the path of martyrdom. But whoever performs ijtihaad and errs will receive a single reward (if he is a person qualified to make ijtihaad)."

(End of the Shaikh's words)

icadams

Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said in his explanation of Riyaadus-Saaliheen (1/165-166), whilst giving some points of benefit...

Jazakallahu khairan brother. An excellent reply to the topic.

adanshai

What about when suicide bombers kill and target muslims and mosques and in marketplaces ? and when these bombers kill innoncent bystanders who have not harmed them Islam or these people in any way??

saifkhan

abd-Allah
What about when suicide bombers kill and target muslims and mosques and in marketplaces ? and when these bombers kill innoncent bystanders who have not harmed them Islam or these people in any way??

salam alaikum

they are not Muslims, who are attacking mosques,market place where women, children and innocents are there.
I'm gonna ask a couple of questions:
is it possible on a part Muslim, who sacrifice their lives but to kill other Muslims and innocent?
even if you disagree, these events didn't happen before 9/11, now why at a great scale?

think man

wa-llaahu ta'la alim
wassalam

abdul-aziz

Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said in his explanation of Riyaadus-Saaliheen (1/165-166), whilst giving some points of benefit from the hadeeth of Suhayb, may Allaah be pleased with him:

"That Allaah¹s Messenger, sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam, said, "There used to be a king amongst those who came before you, and he had a sorcerer. So when he grew old he said to the king, I have become old so send a boy to me so that I can teach him sorcery" the hadeeth. (Riyaadhus-Saaliheen, no. 30)

Fourthly: That it is permissible for a person to expose himself to danger for a matter of general benefit to the Muslims, because the boy indicated to the king the way in which he would be able to kill him, and which would lead to his demise, which was that he should take an arrow from his quiver etc.

Shaikhul-Islaam (Ibn Taymiyyah) said, "Because this was a Jihaad in Allaah¹s cause, which caused a whole nation to truly believe, and he did not really lose anything, since although he died he would have to die anyway, sooner or later."

But as for what some people do regarding activities of suicide, tying explosives to themselves and then approaching Unbelievers and detonating them amongst them, then this is a case of suicide and Allaah¹s refuge is sought. So whoever commits suicide then he will be consigned eternally to Hell-Fire, remaining there forever, as occurs in the hadeeth of the Prophet, sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam. (i.e., his, sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam, saying, " and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, then the iron weapon will remain in his hand, and he will continuously stab himself in his belly with it in the Fire of Hell eternally, forever and ever." Reported by al-Bukhaaree, no. 5778 and Muslim, no. 109, in the Book of Eemaan.)

Because this person has killed himself and has not benefited Islaam. So if he kills himself along with ten, or a hundred, or two hundred other people, then Islaam will not benefit by that, since the people will not accept Islaam, contrary to the story of the boy. Rather it will probably just make the enemy more determined, and this action will provoke malice and bitterness in his heart to such an extent that he may seek to wreak havoc upon the Muslims.

This is what is found from the practice of the Jews with the people of Palestine so when one of the Palestinian blows himself up and kills six or seven people, then in retaliation they take sixty or more. So this does not produce any benefit for the Muslims, and does not benefit those amongst whose ranks explosives are detonated.

So what we hold is that those people who perform these suicide (bombings) have wrongfully committed suicide, and that this necessitates entry into Hell-Fire, and Allaah¹s refuge is sought and that this person is not a martyr (shaheed). However if a person has done this based upon misinterpretation, thinking that it is permissible, then we hope that he will be saved from sin, but as for martyrdom being written for him, then no, since he has not taken the path of martyrdom. But whoever performs ijtihaad and errs will receive a single reward (if he is a person qualified to make ijtihaad)."

(End of the Shaikh's words)

:salam2:

jazakAllahukhairan, rahmat Allah alayhi, the sheik Uthaymin has addressed many of todays issues. He also was a student of sheik saadi, ra, the one who wrote a tafsir of Quran with more of a grammatical approach.

There is no need to comment further.

we Ask Allah that all of us be guided to the straight path.

when viewing the information provided on these incidents, we need to make sure that it is fact not just allegations. But this could occur if we start having so called scholars attacking scholars. If you notice the best scholars are very simple in that they talk what they know and fear Allah. They hardly talk about how they feel. Because our feelings can be effected by wiswas.

:wasalam:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
In Palestine or other places where muslims are living under foreign occupation I wouldn´t call kind of operations (when target is military, not civilians) as suicide bombings but as martydom operations.