Why? how?

Rebaz

I'm curious about how the islamic areas lost their power. I know it was powerful and had it golden age for awhile..but what destroyed middle-east and made it so weak as it is today?

ximkoyra

I'm curious about how the islamic areas lost their power. I know it was powerful and had it golden age for awhile..but what destroyed middle-east and made it so weak as it is today?

I forget a lot of it, but one of the things that were happening near the end of the golden age was an extreme indulgence in wealth and luxury by the rulers, which was a similar story with the Greeks and Romans.

I forget the correlation since it has been a while since I studied it. Maybe the income inequality is a sign of societal ills? The golden age is mostly agreed to have ended at the time of the Mongol invasion, who burned Baghdad and all its glory. Sorry, I can't really recall much more than this.

Perseveranze

Asalaamu alaikum,

It's a great shame, all these Universities and places of education which were booming were destroyed because of the lust for power and wealth.

It'll be back one day.