why is there so much negativity towards. Muslims

Islam lover

this truely troubles me why it can not be seen by the west that Islam and Muslims are a beutiful thing they should stop resisting and submit to allahs will and they would see the improvment in their lives

Joanna-Aisha

Salam! I have just finished a long talk about similar issue. I'm Polish, so European. I have converted 2 months ago. Actually it's a very long topic. I can write down here some hints, but it's a discussion for longer time. Firstly, Western values has a different level of importance that it is in Islam. Secondly, religion here is something different than law, because many atheists exist. Thirdly, being devoted to Allah (swt) much looks like fanatism here...So I have just written some hints. If you want to discuss this issue more just PM. Maybe someone else has the same problem?I'm open for debate:)
Assalamu alykoum wa rahmatu Allahu wa barakatoo

aisha-uk

to say it short, they are affraid of the unknown, affraid that if people start to get to know Islam properly, they might like it, that's why it's a priority for them to put Islam in a bad light...

Just my opinion :D

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
this truely troubles me why it can not be seen by the west that Islam and Muslims are a beutiful thing they should stop resisting and submit to allahs will and they would see the improvment in their lives

Assalam,

My opinion: The answer is simple because we as Muslim are not fighting against those who claime to be muslims and do wrong doings so when we as Muslim don't speak what do you expect the nonbeliever to think that we are what they say we are. About a month or weeks ago, I watch this news where they were talking about Muslim. a person who claimed to be a Muslim posts saying things that were not Islamic(i believe it was about killing nonbelievers) and a Brother readed that and response saying how this wasn't Islam. Long story short, the news people call the brother because he spoke very Islamicly and he stood up for Islam. Then the host ask the brother why Muslims aren't speak out about people like the posters? So we have ourself to blame because we aren't stand up for our faith.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Well some of the comments after Benazir Bhutto died on BBC have your say:

"Religion of Peace strikes agaiin."

[Recommended by 590 People]

When will these 'moderate' Muslims we keep hearing so much about rise up and demonstrate in the streets against these suicide bombers and other extremists who have 'hijacked' Islam? Why is it the only demonstrations we see are Muslims angry at the West, screaming 'Death to America' and 'Death to Israel'? It is PAST TIME to scream 'Death to Extremists.' Please give us in the rest of the world some hope.

[JenBee], Oxford, Michigan, United States

[Recommended 548 People]

Quite interesting that India and Pakistan were the same country with the same people. When the people split and two nations were born, democratic Hindu (secular laws) India now flourishes, whereas the democracy-phobic Pakistan with its Islamic citizens has been a total failure.

Now the task for the Muslims and left wingers is to somehow try and blame Israel and America for this.

[Recommended 502 People]

Is this another example of the wonderful tolerance for which, or so we are constantly being told, Islam is famous?
Its time the rest of the world stopped making excuses for this barbaric, dark ages way of life and completely condemned the casual brutality continually perpetrated by so many of the religion's supporters.

[Recommended 436 People]

"All those Islam bashers on this forum......its 1437 GMT and I havent read a single news source yet that reported Islamic Extremists as Bhutto's killer, so who informed you?"

Ali, the old saying "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck" are very apt here. Since Islamic extemists have already targetted her with suicide bombing, it does not take Sherlock Holmes to make a connection.

Also, bashing Islamic extremists is NOT bashing Islam.

[Recommended 396 People]

Need i go on, Subhan'Allah, these people you may not be able to reason with them.

Wasalam

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
The reasons are complex.

Atheists dont like Islam because it has not given up on faith values as Christianity did.

Christians dont like it because it remidns them of where they failed .... I'd argue that those who KNOW are actually jealous

Jews dont like it because they think that Muslims dont deserve Islam.

And there is a big majority who are just misguided and confused. They hate Islam because they are simply told to do so by the media.

and then you have many muslims who do not represent Islam properly (not that I exclude myself).

The reasons are a plenty ....

but dont be sad brother, this is just another test. Our beloved propher (pbuh) was the most honourable of men and was known as "Al-Amin" which means the trustworthy before he was sent to mankind. After he started his message, people of Makkah would spread rumours about him and tell lies like: He is a magician, liar, poet, mad .. etc etc. If you want to make a change then you will be faced with hardships.

May Allah have mercy on the muslims and guide all those with sincere intentions. Amin.

abou haytam

the answer from the qoran.

''Fain would they extinguish Allah's light with their mouths but Allah will not allow but that His light should be perfected, even though the unbelievers may detest (it). (32)'' [At-tawba]

''Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah, that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject Faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful. (3)'' [Al-maeda]

Jasmiah

Bismillah

This is a topic i find very saddening, i have been very fortunate as the more negativitey i heard about Islam the more intrigued i was to find out about this much talked about religion, in the end it led me to Imbrace Islam, Allhamdullilah.
Although, the media is a very powerfiul tool that has a huge influence on peoples lives. The media potrays Islam to be extreme and not peaceful, although Islam is very diferent. If a muslim commits a sin it is front page in huge letters, if a muslim does a good deed most of the time they wouldnt print it, or if so print it small as to not draw peoples attention. It is peoples ignorance and lack of knowledge that allows them to talk bad about Islam, there for it is our duty as muslims to educate people and spread the word of Islam. We should make Du'a for these people and InshAllah they will also find the right path and become Muslim.

Wa Salam