Why many muslims prefer housewife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharazad

Sister
MashAllah Shyhijabi for your great statements !

I felt a bit disgusted honestly to open and read this thread, because of what i later on noticed, it seems like some men in particular are not aware of the question of women getting healthcare or education. Who will be taking care of our children, our daughters and what about the elder? Still a man wants an educated wife, just to get her to stay at home? It is like saying am waisting time studying and getting educated if i am gonna be staying at home anyway. Sure there are women who also wants to do that, and its her right inshAllah.

Comparing women not allowed to drive with same sex marriages is not even on the same level anymore. How can it be said a woman driving a car would automatically lead to committing zina, when same sex marriage actually is zina itself. This is just speculation (women driving=zina).

Myself am working as a practical nurse, helping elderly who cant take care of themselves anymore. Is this a sin that i want and care of the old?

The Prophet (peace upon him) said:

“Smiling in the face of your brother is a charity, enjoining good and prohibiting evil is a charity, showing someone the way when he is lost is a charity, helping the weak-sighted is a charity, removing a rock, a thorn, or bones from the path is a charity, and pouring water from your bucket into the bucket of your brother is a charity". (Tirmidhi #1956)

arzafar

from the world statistics! when women can drive alone, she is free to go anywhere. no restrictions. boy-girl can go on date. they can sit behind the bushes. etc etc. men can molest her.

but men-women should not date. its unislamic! isnt it? but whose is going to listen to you when there is no fear of Allah even in not making salah?

if govt can assure that there will be no fitnah and no trouble... i am all for women driving. :)

Ruling of women driving

see this is the reason why i disagree with the Saudis. They try to legislate morality and that can never be done. Islamic values have to be ingrained and implemented by the people with their own free will otherwise they are not 'values' at all!

Women staying at home are not holier or better than women working (with the husband's or guardian's consent). However, I do agree that in an ideal islamic world, home and family should be a woman's top priority rather than her career.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:
chill_pill.preview.jpg

I don t think brother Indian meant any harm by expressing his views and how d prefer his wife to be,that is his opinion it is not against Islam s teachings .He is entitled to it and free to share it with us that we can a manage to hold a constructive discussion and learn from one another.

It is Sad how we Muslims sometimes are so easy to divide,take sides and bully sides over the smallest things yet we condemn sectarianism when it carries a different name.

I have to agree with Arzafar when he says that in an ideal Islamic society home and family should be a woman s first priority Especially when the children are still young ,they need their mother more than anything else.This shouldn t be contested for those who can afford it .

Hiring a made just won t do the job and even if they manage to do both some other side effect might pop up in the long run, due to stress and lack of time and dedication .Thus even the sacrifices made won t seem to be appreciated ,it might lead some to see themselves as underestimated ,neglected ...competition fills the gap ,vanity interviens, depression follows...etc.
BoxingGlovesC10273046.jpeg

A lot of "Communication"is one solution, but this is a multi faced sharing which requires a bigger heart than what someone possesses for the acceptance of the imperfect sometimes in the household, exactly while thriving and longing for perfection and betterment at the work place through today s society rhythm , where time has conquered space and made it so easy to switch moods and "run away|".It takes some acute lucidity to disconnect the mind and feel at ease in both worlds.

Both working and non working wifes deserve respect as long as they grant themselves the respect that Allah swt and his messenger offered to them.

Wassalaam,
jamil

saif

scholars????

Dear brother Ahmad Indian,

You have posted a fatwah about women's driving from islamqa. After reading that, I have serious doubts about the scholarship of those who issue such fatwahs. They quote verses of Quran, which are clearly meant for the household of the Prophet. When they talk about people living in non-muslim west, they quote verses related to the hijrah of the Prophet. Do they really know abc of Quran at all? What kind of scholars are they?

:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Akhi saif, you may agree or disagree as you please. However, commenting upon the general reasoning and scholarship of world renown scholars, while you yourself are a layman having not mastered any usool, nor having authorisation to speak about ahkaam or make ijtihaad, is rather horrifying. Many of us disagree with that fatwa and the arguments given for it, scholars too of course. But to criticise their whole scholarship for select opinions you feel are totally out the window, is more nonsenscial and emotional than intelligent and reasonable. The only thing you should be asking yourself at this point is if *you* yourself know the ABC of the Qur'aan? Those you're referring to did. So worry about yourself, because when you do, (inshaa' Allaah) the truth will become clear.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Do they really know abc of Quran at all?

:salam2:,

yes brother. they know Quran and hadith much better than us.

What kind of scholars are they?

they are those kind of scholars who are fighting to uphold Tawheed.

they are scholars who are trying their best to keep Shariah Laws in their nation.

they are scholars who speak about jihad.

mosabaig

To make life easier..

:salam2: Peace to all

If we just look at the examples in companions of the Prophet (S), there were men and women working togather to raise the flag of Islam in all walks of life.
Islam shows us the middle passage.
Idealy most natural thing would be if all men can be so rich all women were so homly etc. but we donot live in an ideal world, so don't make life hard for others in the name of Islam.

:astag:

saif

As-salaamu `alaykum

Akhi saif, you may agree or disagree as you please. However, commenting upon the general reasoning and scholarship of world renown scholars, while you yourself are a layman having not mastered any usool, nor having authorisation to speak about ahkaam or make ijtihaad, is rather horrifying. Many of us disagree with that fatwa and the arguments given for it, scholars too of course. But to criticise their whole scholarship for select opinions you feel are totally out the window, is more nonsenscial and emotional than intelligent and reasonable. The only thing you should be asking yourself at this point is if *you* yourself know the ABC of the Qur'aan? Those you're referring to did. So worry about yourself, because when you do, (inshaa' Allaah) the truth will become clear.

Akhi Al-Kashmiri, I agree. With the level of knowledge I have, I have no right to comment on the scholarship of those, who are generally recognized as scholars. I take my words back.

Even laymen in medicine can get an impression about the competence level of the doctor. However, I agree, that they should not start self medication.

Now, let us do some postmortem of what has happened. A layman looks at the fatwah, looks at the conclusions and makes a statement not only about the agreement or disagreement on that particular issue but on the scholarship of the issuer of the fatwah. No doubt, this shouldn't have happened. But, am I the first one to do that here? Only this time the scholars involved are the ones, which are more authentic in your eyes. In this same forum here, I can show you derogatory comments of laymen like Salem on scholars like Qaradawi and nothing happened. There must be at least some width in your window of acceptance, if you really do not belong to a sect. If your approach is, that the scholars are only those, who belong to this particular sect and all others are either kuffaar, or ahl-al-bid'a or dacing peers anyway, then I don't think, we can get anywhere. Let me give you a hint from Quran to support my point: Try to understand the reason, why Quran forbids to insult false gods of others, yet the biggest da'wah of Quran is that of Tawheed. There is a wisdom in it, which we all need to understand.

My question is, how is somebody any different from me, who looks at the music fatwa of somebody like Qardawi and then starts mocking not only that scholar but also the whole university, where he got his education.

Now back to the topic. I take my words back. However, I still need to understand, how those verses about mothers of the believers can be quoted for believing women. I still need to understand, what the Prophet's leaving of his people after years of da'wah and after Allah's explicit permission has to do with our living in and leaving the west. Since I am not a blind follower of these respected scholars, it is not enough for me, that they are "quoting" something but I need to understand the meaning of what they are quoting. I am sure, you will agree, that this is not only my right but my duty being a non-muqallad muslim.

:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
My question is, how is somebody any different from me, who looks at the music fatwa of somebody like Qardawi and then starts mocking not only that scholar but also the whole university, where he got his education.

As-salaamu `alaykum

He is not any different. In fact, we don't hold this approach to be 'scholarly' let alone productive. We speak or quote rather, the proofs against the argument and perhaps individual. We don't need to start making fun of him though. Just because some people who claim adherence to the way of the salaf do this, it doesn't mean that we condone or even support this. Our tongues are probably already against us, why worsen the matter by speaking about people and slandering them when the purpose is only to refute? Look out for my next thread (it'll be stickied) akhi, I think there is something you will like to read in there about advising and condemning, and the way it should be done. And how it shouldn't be done for the sake of blaming one etc.

Anyway, I'm not picking on you as I try to delete or reply to anything of this nature (if I'm not fed up). In fact, please send me the links or if you can't, recall the topics that I may find the particular posts...

Was-salaam

lilmuslimah

1. because we are not selfish that we cant spend our money on our wives.

( Whether selfish or not, there is not choice in islam Men must provide for their wives even if they are wealthy)

2. because we are not niggard that we say to her to manage her own spendings.

( see above)

3. because we love our wives and dont want that any non-mahram at her work-place look at her, talk to her with desire.

( what about you?????? allah has decreed women and men a certain dress code that should prevent such behaviour, but it appears you rather lock your wife up????? ) maybe you should be locked up to, because if you wife loves you then im sure see wouldnt want you to experiance this ethier)

4. because we want to remain faithfuland dont want that women in our work-place divert us frm our wives.
( are you really that weak) doesnt allah saw lower ur gaze act modestly etc, ur idea is lock all women up in thier homes so im not tempted to cheat!!!!! OHMG lol

5. because we are wise and know that if women also join work-force, then who'll take care of home and childern - the future ummah.

there are PLENTY women who hold down full time jobs AND raise thier children. and a child needs both thier mother and father.

6. because we are long-sighted that know that mixing of men-women will result in cases of affairs, heartbreaks, haram physical relations, jealousy, hatred, lust, etc.

so again u believe this is solved by locking women up,,, it takes two too tango and am smelling SHOVENISM big time bro

lilmuslimah

p.s

this is not bullying ,, brother is being offensive and this is coming from a muslimah you is NOT working and staying at home quite happily, however i think i have a right to be offended when brother is making out something permissble for women in islam to almost be sinful astagfiruallah, bro if this is what u want in a wife then good luck but this is not an islamic ruling!!!

p.s if a women were to stay at home while her husband works , who would take the children to school, who would pick them up????? who would take them to the dentist doctor, who would do the shopping,, Its safer for a women to drive , then to take public transport... period,,

Amir_of_spain

I don't understand why normal everyday problems seem to be soo difficult for muslim societies to deal with. In the case of women driving, the law should permit it, so those who wish to drive may do so, and those who don't they can simply stick with their drivers or husbands etc. Same with women career's, we are suppose to be a balanced ummah, so why do some muslims seem to take opposite end views why not the middle way option. Not all women have to work, we need some to work at least, while those who don't wish to, can stay at home. It's not rocket science, it's just common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.