Why was my post deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackisback

I thought this board was about correcting the misconceptions about Islam? Would somebody please like to explain to me why it's okay that in the Al-Bukhari Hadith Mohammad has sex with a nine year old Aisha? I find it very unfair that my message was deleted it did not contain any profanity or anything. Are you people afraid of the truth? You all must know so much more about Islam that I think you should have been able to answer my question.

-Jack

fma6

Thirsty4Knowledge
I am not at all very knowledgable but from what i know and read Aisha (RA) has reached puberty at that age and was nevertheless a woman, and it is perfectly legal for her to get married and have a relationship with the Prophet (SAW)

a_man

Hi Jack,
i strongly advice you to read "the young marriage of 'Aa'ishah , the mother of the believers" till finish posted by our administrator in the islamic discussion perhaps that will give you some knowledge about the marriage.And maybe if one thinks about the young age of 'Aa'ishah perhaps one will understand why 'Aa'shah is able to remember most of the hadith and the teaching of Muhammad saw. of course! subhanallah

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Hi jack

You can find your answer on the link above given by brother kayote...
Dont rush it, take your time to read it..

I find it very unfair that my message was deleted it did not contain any profanity or anything. Are you people afraid of the truth? You all must know so much more about Islam that I think you should have been able to answer my question.

We are not afraid of the truth....your post was deleted beacuse of the way you approached the question...

afnan

:salam2:
we are the sons and daughters of mother A'a ishah and always raedy to defend her .
Anyways,dont you have other thing to do besides desecrating islam and islamic personalities.It shoes that muslim are not terrorist but others........................

J

jackisback

To those who sent me rebuttals:

thank you! I have skimmed through them, and when I have the time I will try to read them in detail.

To those who said my previous post was deleted because it was inappropriate:

this is absolutely ridiculous. I think that the real reason it was deleted was because it was a long paragraph with substance and intelligent objection, whereas you only want critical questions on this board to be short so that you can answer with large posts and make it appear that you've dwarfed any potential argument. I made no insults to Mohammad other than my objection to his young sex partner. The anger that came across from me was the result of someone who was about to consider that maybe islam in its true form was good, and who knows maybe even the right path, only to be LET DOWN by that shocking little tidbit about Aisha.

to the person asking me if i have better things to do:

in short, no. I am searching for answers and trying to keep an open mind about it, and even considering your beliefs, but i am not considering them blindly, i am critical so that i may find something which can withstand honest critique. furthermore, the purpose of this board claims to be to "correct the common misconceptions about islam". the purpose of this board is to try to give unbelievers like me (or as you like to say it, infidel or kuffar) more information about what you consider to be truth. You should be glad i am interested as i know some others are.

nurislam

Hi,I'm new here but this thread compell me to say something. I believe all our muslim brothers and sisters would want to answer your question with the most accurate and unbias way toward anyone. But Jack, when you phrase the word "have SEX with a nine year old" and refering to Aishah as "young sex partner" it does come across as some one who is angry and not from some one who is trying to seek the truth. I really hope you can see this,which I clearly see from your question.If the question would be"why did he MARRIED a nine year old" I think in my humble opinion you will get a better response and not because it just more polite,but more importantly,it is the truth. You may ask what is the difference,but in Islam, marriage is a sacred affair and not just a piece of certificate as in today's context. It is a pure and clean union between a man and a woman. A girl is considered a woman once she reached puberty anywhere between 9-13yrs of age. Please don't give up if you really are seeking the truth,but then again,if Allah chose you to receive the hidayat, you will see the truth,nothing else matters.

Karima

Hi,

Well-said...
.I am searching for answers and trying to keep an open mind about it, and even considering your beliefs, but i am not considering them blindly, i am critical so that i may find something which can withstand honest critique. furthermore, the purpose of this board claims to be to "correct the common misconceptions about islam". the purpose of this board is to try to give unbelievers like me (or as you like to say it, infidel or kuffar) more information about what you consider to be truth. You should be glad i am interested as i know some others are.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi,

Well-said...

Asalamu alaykum,

No its not

For someone who is supposed to be Neutral and sincere, his words do not sound it.

A Kafr is a non-Muslim. It is not a pejorative or bad word. What else would you call yourself?? And i dont think anyone has used the word "infidel", thats something non-Muslims like to use when they make fun of Islam. You are a Kafr, disbeliever. When you believe in Allah and the Prophet Muhammad, you are a Muslim. Its pretty simple.

We do give people a chance to speak, but there is a line drawn when people have no idea how to speak with civility.

Karima

Asalamualikum,

I am sorry for not understanding that 'infidel' was a bad term. I am learning, each day, something enlightening.

No one should put others down for what they already believe...and I find that you are careful to keep things level....and inform us of what is appropriate.

Sallam

Oem Soufiane

assalamu aleikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuh,

I learned that our prophet pbuh married Aisha r.a. at the age of nine, and played with her just like any other child, but that he didn't get intimate with her untill she was ready for it herself, i don't have the dalil right here but i will search for it inshallah.

Submitter

All the information you need about Aisha (RA) can be found at the following link, as posted by brother Kayote previously:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2585

jackisback, we welcome everyone who is genuinely and sincerely looking for answers to questions and queries they have about Islam. If you read the rules on this board you would know that they must go about it in a polite and sincere manner. Just re-read your last post and you'll see you could have been more polite and not used certain phrases. Just as you don't like to be called a kafir (which you think is a derogatary term, even though it is not), we do not appreciate you referring to Aisha (RA) as a "sex partner". Are you married? Would you like it if I called your wife or husband your "sex partner"?

Please try to remain respectful and sincere in your posts and I gaurantee you, you will get a respectful and sincere response from us.

:wasalam:

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am searching for answers and trying to keep an open mind about it, and even considering your beliefs, but i am not considering them blindly, i am critical so that i may find something which can withstand honest critique. .

Hello Jack
If these words are really meant by you which we don't know, then I too advise you to keep searching for the Truth and if you sincerely do so with the help of the Almighty Allah you will find it.
And I'm sure that you will be happy and lucky if you did so. I'm sure of that and every muslim in here knows what I'm talking about.

J

jackisback

Rest assured that my intent was never to offend anyone's faith here. But I hear Muslims say things that are far, far more offensive to me than anything that I have said on this message board. I know that I cannot blame all Muslims for what some Muslims do, but still I find it silly to take down my post which had an abrasiveness very mild compared to what I hear from most Muslims today.

Masboot, I am sincere, but I am not neutral. How could someone be neutral on such a serious subject as religion unless they had absolutely no information. I am attempting to keep an open mind, but at any one time on any given issue a I probably not completely neutral. I am troubled by some things, and I have come for open honest discussion, perhaps someone will quell those troublesome feelings in me by convincing me of how they see it.

You can say that a Kafr is not a pejorative word, but every time I have heard it it has sounded quite derogatory to me (and i have heard it a lot). Before I knew what it meant I asked a Muslim friend of mine what it meant, and he paused, then told me that it meant "an atheist or something like that." I can only assume that he said this in order not to offend me, and therefor he must have considered the term to be pejorative. Infidel is the English translation of the word kafr http://www.answers.com/topic/kaffir-2 that is why you only hear non-muslims say it, because muslims say kafr, but NOT because infidel any more of a "bad term" than kafr.

The reason that I did not ask "why he [Mohammad] married a nine year old" was because according to the hadith he did not marry a nine year old, but a six year old. he first had intercourse with her when she was nine. the reason i used the word "sex-partner" was to differentiate between the time that she was merely married to Mohammad and the time that she was having sexual relations with him. i didn't mean to offend anybody by saying what i said, but honestly i didn't know that the word sex was still so offensive. Beyond that, "sex-partner" is a totally neutral term. in my culture a man who has sex with a nine year old is deemed a "child molester." I refrained from using this culturally biased term in describing Mohammad, and instead said "sex-partner" which may sound derogatory to you, but to me is totally neutral.

"We do give people a chance to speak, but there is a line drawn when people have no idea how to speak with civility."

i hate to repeat myself here, but i think that with all of the words coming out of the muslim world today which are largely totally lacking in civility, for you to accuse me of having "no idea how to speak with civility" is completely preposterous. considering what many of your brothers are saying you should be a little bit less likely to jump the gun in being offended.

to those encouraging me to continue searching for the truth: thank you! it is appreciated. I see many good and loving things come from Islam. if you are interested, i have been particularly inspired by Yusuf Islam. when listening to Cat Stevens songs he seems to be deeply searching for answers, and somehow he ended up deciding Islam was the answer, so that has sparked a lot of interest from me!

Salam.

nurislam

assalamu aleikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuh,

I thought I read somewhere that our prophet pbuh married Aisha r.a. at the age of nine, and played with her just like any other child, but that he didn't get intimate with her untill she was ready for it herself, i don't have the dalil right here but i will search for it inshallah.

That is what I have known and have read all along, over my part of the world it is widely known that Muhammad PBUH married Aishah r.a at the age of nine and even gave her dolls for her to play with. Muhammad PBUH did NOT live together with Aishah r.a untill she was 13yrs of age. Wallahuallam. I really hope our muslim brothers and sisters can assist our friend in searching the truth in a calm and sincere manner, because we as muslim are the brightest beacon for them to see and to hopefully follow by example that was taught to us by our prophet and the Quran. Hopefully Allah will guide him. Inshaallah

Oem Soufiane

Jackisback,

I really hope that you find the truth, I am also a converted muslima, and I know what you mean, you want all answers to the horrific things you hear, i wanted the same. A lot of the things you here are blown way out of proportion, and there is a wisdom behind everything, I'd say to you, first try to find all the answers to questions like the ones you asked before and then immediatly start looking for what it says about life and death and about jesus if you are a christian, the miracles of islam and the quran, the science that was in the quran, of childbirth and rain, these things are all in the quran wich we humans found out in the latest centuries. I hope you really sincerely want to find the truth, if that is so and your heart is open, you will eventually find it, inshallah. (with god's will):blackhijab: read the 40 hadith from an-nawawi and search the internet for correct answers, go to websites like islamqa.com, it gives the answers from scholars who really know about islam, don't ask difficult question to 'your local muslim' because you got a big chance that they don't know the answer and just give you their opinion, because they don't want to show you that they don't know it either. Go to a mosque and talk to the imaam, i am shure that they will help you get the answers, it might seam like a big step, i found it too, but muslims will really help you with your questions. You can say that you only want answers to your questions, just be yourself.

Kayote

Rest assured that my intent was never to offend anyone's faith here. But I hear Muslims say things that are far, far more offensive to me than anything that I have said on this message board. I know that I cannot blame all Muslims for what some Muslims do, but still I find it silly to take down my post which had an abrasiveness very mild compared to what I hear from most Muslims today.

:salam2: (Peace be with you)

If your intent was not to offend, it is upto you to relay that to us. As you rightly mention further down in your post about 'civility', perhaps you need to show that you practice that as well.

i didn't mean to offend anybody by saying what i said, but honestly i didn't know that the word sex was still so offensive. Beyond that, "sex-partner" is a totally neutral term.
The word 'Sex' is offensive as that is a personal practice which unfortunately western civilization has made into such an open & disgustingly marketable affair. Please respect other people/religions (not just Islam) views, thats the first step you can take.

You can say that a Kafr is not a pejorative word, but every time I have heard it it has sounded quite derogatory to me (and i have heard it a lot). Before I knew what it meant I asked a Muslim friend of mine what it meant, and he paused, then told me that it meant "an atheist or something like that." I can only assume that he said this in order not to offend me, and therefor he must have considered the term to be pejorative. Infidel is the English translation of the word kafr http://www.answers.com/topic/kaffir-2 that is why you only hear non-muslims say it, because muslims say kafr, but NOT because infidel any more of a "bad term" than kafr.

While yes I do agree with you that the word 'kafr' is strong and perhaps in order to be a bit more civil & understanding towards the feelings, we should use the word 'non-believers' even though its esentially the same word as 'kafr'. The word 'kafr' is from 'kufr' which is refering to someone who dis-believes, in other words, a non-believer.

You may well be aware of this, but if you truly desire to find the truth, just pray to God to help you find the truth & Insha'Allah (God willing) you will find Islam. Remember, in Islam, your relationship with Allah (God) is direct, there is no intermediary. We all ask & request directly to Allah (God) so all the more reasons for you to ask Him for guidance.

As always, we are here to help & answer your questions. I have not replied to your original question as I feel the top referred to already answers it in detail & much better than I ever could.

Take care & have patience.

WaAliekum Assalam

sky

just sharing my experience and thoughts

Assalamualaikum,

I am a Muslim living in society greatly influenced by the Western culture and when I first came to know about this hadith, I was initially surprised and I thought to myself what was Allah swt trying to show us through this so-called "controversial" matter because I truly believed that Prophet Muhammed saws was rightly guided by Allah swt in all actions. I thought i just needed some time and guidance to truly understand the meaning behind Aisha's r.a marriage at a young age.

Soon enough, I came across this article related to Aisha's r.a. marriage on the internet and one question in that article helped open up my mind and that question was:
"Who is your Lord?"

In various countries the legal age to marry varies from 13, 14, 15, 16,...18, and even as high as 21. But which of these ages is the right one? How do human beings decide on this? Who knows best regarding this? And it came back to the first question. Who is your Lord? Is your Lord the legislators who pass these man-made laws or is your Lord the One, True God, Who creates everything with a purpose?
The next thing that crossed my mind was, "What's the purpose of the signs of the onset of puberty?" I thought, the signs of puberty were Allah's swt way of indicating that a person is ready for marriage. Even scientifically, I was taught in school that a person who has attained puberty was ready for reproduction/procreation.

On hindsight, I realise that my initial surprise on hearing the hadith was due to the influence of modern psychologists' view on what is the suitable age for marriage. But now i think that this has been a test for me of whether I truly believe in what I profess: ":shahadah:"

Just sharing my thoughts..... hope to learn more and from my mistakes insha Allah. I pray that Allah swt guides us all to the truth. Ameen.

Status
Not open for further replies.