why will Allah torture disbelievers for an eternity if he is merciful?

bachamazar

Asalam O Alaikum everyone

somebody recently questioned me and i couldn't answer him nor find it on Islamic Forums

muhammad sabri

:salam2:

My dear brother Allah(swt) has told us to call upon Him with His Names that He chose for Himself(SWT) and those names rapresent that DESCRIPTION of The only One God of the whole existance and each attribute fully belongs to Allah(swt) without any contradiction in Allah's divinity...so..Allah(swt) is the Strong and the Just and He is for sure Compassionate and Merciful but don't you think that a God who can't be Just to His own creatures is a weak God(may Allah forbid)? Allah is the most merciful and NOONE WILL EVER BE AS MERCIFUL AS HIM and only He knows the limit of His Mercy but He is Just and with Justness he guided us and showed us the way to OBTAIN AND BE WORTHY OF HIS MERCY even tho even the disbilievers get from the emrcy of Allah(it is a mercy the air that we all breath and the food and drink that we get and the families and the friends and the money and wealth) ALL OF THIS IS A MERCY AND LLAH IN HIS EMRCY gives it to both believers and disbielievers but Allah swt says that there is more to His Rahma..a type of Rahma that can only be obtained trough the successfullness of this test in our life.
Allah has created paradise and hellfire..and the first is the expression of His rahma or mercy and the second is the expression of His justness and strenght and as Allahs wt says: '' NOONE SHALL BE WRONGES..ALL SHALL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO JUSTICE..'' i hope this make it more clearer :)

And may Allah swt forgive us all in this blessed month and accept our efforts for He is Al Hakim(the Just) al Rahim(the Compassionate)

:wasalam:
wajazakallhu khayran

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

BECAUSE they're disbelievers. They transgress against Him with their shirk. He's not exactly going to bless them for that. And without His Blessings, they fall into discord.

In Surah Ash-Shura, Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala states: " Whatever misfortune befalls you is a consequence of your own deeds."

To end the "torture", a disbeliever has to have Allah's Blessings. To have Allah's Blessings, the disbeliever needs to stop committing shirk.

Allah's Mercy is for His believers.

Muslims.

They want mercy, they can pray to their own gods. That IS why they worship them after all.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullah.
The question arises in their mind because they confuse Allah's name and attributes asma wassifat.Also many confuse the word mercy as understood in christianity,you can sin all you want but "christian Jesus loves you".No.
That is not the Islamic concept.Allah is just and gives everyone according to what they earn.Those who do bad get similar in return but those who do good,Allah out of His mercy and forgiveness multiplies their good deeds.Being Merciful does not negate Allah being just.Ask them if they are so afraid of Allah's anger,they should become muslim to avoid it and gain His mercy ,forgiveness and good pleasure.In fact Allah out of His mercy is inviting them away from fire towards paradise through His message to them the Qur'an.

Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember.[2:221]

Allah is just

Then, do those who have planned evil deeds feel secure that Allah will not cause the earth to swallow them or that the punishment will not come upon them from where they do not perceive? [16:45]

For those who do not believe in the Hereafter is the description of evil; and for Allah is the highest attribute. And He is Exalted in Might, the Wise.[16:60]

As sister has said,Allah's love and explicit mercy extends to the believers.

Allah is ArRahman to all the creations,from tafseer the meaning :

Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim are two names derived from Ar-Rahmah (the mercy), but Rahman has more meanings that pertain to mercy than Ar-Rahim. There is a statement by Ibn Jarir that indicates that there is a consensus on this meaning. Further, Al-Qurtubi said, "The proof that these names are derived (from Ar-Rahmah), is what At-Tirmidhi recorded - and graded Sahih from `Abdur-Rahman bin `Awf that he heard the Messenger of Allah say,(Allah the Exalted said, 'I Am Ar-Rahman. I created the Raham (womb, i.e. family relations) and derived a name for it from My Name. Hence, whoever keeps it, I will keep ties to him, and whoever severs it, I will sever ties with him.') He then said, "This is a text that indicates the derivation.'' He then said, "The Arabs denied the name Ar-Rahman, because of their ignorance about Allah and His attributes.''
Al-Qurtubi said, "It was said that both Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim have the same meaning, such as the words Nadman and Nadim, as Abu `Ubayd has stated. Abu `Ali Al-Farisi said, `Ar-Rahman, which is exclusively for Allah, is a name that encompasses every type of mercy that Allah has. Ar-Rahim is what effects the believers, for Allah said,
(And He is ever Rahim (merciful) to the believers.)' (33:43) Also, Ibn `Abbas said - about Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim, `They are two soft names, one of them is softer than the other (meaning it carries more implications of mercy).'''
Ibn Jarir said; As-Surri bin Yahya At-Tamimi narrated to me that `Uthman bin Zufar related that Al-`Azrami said about Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim, "He is Ar-Rahman with all creation and Ar-Rahim with the believers.'' Hence. Allah's statements,
(Then He rose over (Istawa) the Throne (in a manner that suits His majesty), Ar-Rahman) (25:59),) and,
(Ar-Rahman (Allah) rose over (Istawa) the (Mighty) Throne (in a manner that suits His majesty).) (20:5)
Allah thus mentioned the Istawa - rising over the Throne - along with His Name Ar-Rahman, to indicate that His mercy encompasses all of His creation. Allah also said,
(And He is ever Rahim (merciful) to the believers), thus encompassing the believers with His Name Ar-Rahim. They said, "This testifies to the fact that Ar-Rahman carries a broader scope of meanings pertaining to the mercy of Allah with His creation in both lives. Meanwhile, Ar-Rahim is exclusively for the believers.'' Yet, we should mention that there is a supplication that reads,
(The Rahman and the Rahim of this life and the Hereafter)
Allah's Name Ar-Rahman is exclusively His. For instance, Allah said,
(Say (O Muhammad ): "Invoke Allah or invoke Ar-Rahman (Allah), by whatever name you invoke Him (it is the same), for to Him belong the Best Names) (17:110),) and,
(And ask (O Muhammad ) those of Our Messengers whom We sent before you: "Did We ever appoint alihah (gods) to be worshipped besides Ar-Rahman (Most Gracious, Allah)'') (43:45).

As for Allah's Name Ar-Rahim, Allah has described others by it. For instance, Allah said,
(Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad ) from amongst yourselves (i.e. whom you know well). It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty. He (Muhammad ) is anxious over you (to be rightly guided) for the believers (he is) kind (full of pity), and Rahim (merciful)) (9:128).
Allah has also described some of His creation using some of His other Names. For instance, Allah said,
(Verily, We have created man from Nutfah (drops) of mixed semen (sexual discharge of man and woman), in order to try him, so We made him hearer (Sami`) and seer (Basir) (76:2).

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Also
The difference between al-Rahmaan and al-Raheem[Source fo the below : From Sharh al-'Aqeedah al-Waasitiyyah .]
Al-Rahmaan and al-Raheem are two of the names of Allaah which refer to Allaah's attribute of Mercy.
Al-Rahmaan refers to the vastness of Allaah's mercy, and al-Raheem refers to its effect on His creation. So al-Rahmaan is the Owner of vast Mercy, and al-Raheem is the Owner of Mercy that encompasses His creation.
Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: "Al-Rahmaan is the Owner of vast mercy, because the fa'laan form in Arabic indicates vastness and abundance, as it is said rajal ghadbaan (a very angry man) when he is filled with anger.
Al-Raheem is a name which refers to the action, as the fa'eel form refers to the doer of an action. So the phrase al-Rahmaan al-Raheem indicates that the mercy of Allaah is vast, as is understood from the name al-Rahmaan, and that it encompasses His creation, as is understood from the name al-Raheem. This is what some of them meant when they said that al-Rahmaan refers to mercy in a general sense and al-Raheem refers to mercy that is specifically for the believers. But what we have mentioned is more accurate."
From Sharh al-'Aqeedah al-Waasitiyyah, 1/22

Hadiths mentioning Allah's Mercy
419. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) saying, "When Allah created the creatures, He wrote in the Book, which is with Him over His Throne: `Verily, My Mercy prevailed over My Wrath"
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Another narration is: Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said, "(Allah wrote) `My Mercy dominated My Wrath".
Still another narration is: Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said, "(Allah wrote) `My Mercy surpasses My Wrath".
Commentary: Imam Al-Khattabi states that here the word "Kitab'' (translated here as `Book') means the decision of Almighty Allah which He has already made, an instance of which is the following Verse of the Noble Qur'an:
"Allah has decreed: `Verily, it is I and My Messengers who shall be the victorious". (58:21).
In this Ayah the Arabic word "Kataba'' is used in the sense of "Qada' (decided);'' or the word "Kataba'' signifies "Lauh Mahfooz'' on which He has recorded everything. Almighty Allah is on the 'Arsh' (the Throne of Allah) and this Book is with Him. (Fath Al-Bari, Kitab At-Tauhid, Bab: Wa kana Arshuhu `alal-Ma'.)
**** ***** ****​
420. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said, "Allah has divided mercy into one hundred parts; and He retained with Him ninety-nine parts, and sent down to earth one part. Through this one part creatures deal with one another with compassion, so much so that an animal lifts its hoof over its young lest it should hurt it".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Another narration is: Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said, "Allah has one hundred mercies, out of which He has sent down only one for jinn, mankind, animals and insects, through which they love one another and have compassion for one another; and through it, wild animals care for their young. Allah has retained ninety-nine mercies to deal kindly with His slaves on the Day of Resurrection.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Another narration in Muslim is reported: by Salman Al-Farisi: Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said, "Allah has hundred mercies, out of which one mercy is used by his creation for mutual love and affection. Ninety-nine mercies are kept for the Day of Resurrection.''
Another narration is: Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said, "Allah created one hundred units of mercy on the Day He created the heavens and the earth. Each one of them can contain all that is between the heaven and the earth. Of them, he put one on earth, through which a mother has compassion for her children and animals and birds have compassion for one another. On the Day of Resurrection, He will perfect and complete His Mercy". (That is He will use all the hundred units of mercy for his slaves on that Day).
Commentary:
1. We learn from this Hadith that kind and compassionate treatment is liked by Allah and is in fact His Blessing and Benevolence. This is the reason He has given a part of it to His creatures, and a person who is so hard-hearted, that he is not even aware of it has a defect which is extremely displeasing to Allah. Moreover, it is a sign that such a person is deprived of Divine blessing and mercy.

2. On the Day of Resurrection, Almighty Allah will bestow upon the believers hundred mercies. This news has great hopes and joy for His slaves.

Source

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

somebody recently questioned me and i couldn't answer him nor find it on Islamic Forums

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

My advice: listen to NAK's Surah `Amma's tafseer. There is nothing that explain it more beautifully than Allah's words itself. However, since we don't have enough knowledge we need the people of knowledge to help us out. Nouman Ali Khan is the man. Listen to it and share it with the one asking you the question. You won't have a shard of doubt after you've heard Allaah telling you "what", "why" and "how".

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}

wa aleykum salaam.

your friend seems to be knowledgeable, and the evidence he stated 'Allah' and not God.
i think you ought explain to him what ALLAH means=(1:1) In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
as he admitted as such to the point.

However if i were you(as are Muslim) I will instantly tell him that Allah is also shadiid ikaab.
let me go a inch ahead; why do we have Neg and Positive; day and night etc?.
thank you

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member

Wa Alaykum Assalam..

There is nothing in what you have mentioned that contradicts the mercy of Allaah and the abiding of the kuffaar in Hell . Rather this is what is implied by His justice and mercy, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“But those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism), for them will be the fire of Hell. Neither will it have a complete killing effect on them so that they die nor shall its torment be lightened for them. Thus do We requite every disbeliever!

Therein they will cry: ‘Our Lord! Bring us out, we shall do righteous good deeds, not (the evil deeds) that we used to do.’ (Allaah will reply ) ‘Did We not give you lives long enough, so that whosoever would receive admonition could receive it? And the warner came to you. So taste you (the evil of your deeds). For the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) there is no helper.’”

[Faatir 35:36-37]

“Verily, the Mujrimoon (criminals, sinners, disbelievers) will be in the torment of Hell to abide therein forever.

(The torment) will not be lightened for them, and they will be plunged into destruction with deep regrets, sorrows and in despair therein.

We wronged them not, but they were the Zaalimoon (polytheists, wrongdoers).

And they will cry: ‘O Malik (Keeper of Hell)! Let your Lord make an end of us’ He will say: ‘Verily, you shall abide forever.’

Indeed We have brought the truth (Muhammad with the Qur’aan) to you, but most of you have a hatred for the truth”

[al-Zukhruf 43:74-78]

“Shall We then treat the Muslims (believers of Islamic Monotheism, doers of righteous deeds) like the Mujrimoon (criminals, polytheists and disbelievers)?

What is the matter with you? How judge you?”

[al-Qalam 68:34-35]

“Or do those who earn evil deeds think that We shall hold them equal with those who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, in their present life and after their death? Worst is the judgement that they make.

And Allaah has created the heavens and the earth with truth, in order that each person may be recompensed what he has earned, and they will not be wronged”

[al-Jaathiyah 43:21-22]

“To Him is the return of all of you. The Promise of Allaah is true. It is He Who begins the creation and then will repeat it, that He may reward with justice those who believed and did deeds of righteousness. But those who disbelieved will have a drink of boiling fluids and painful torment because they used to disbelieve”

[Yoonus 10:4]

Whoever ponders these blessed verses will be certain that Allaah is All-Wise, All-Knowing, Most Merciful, He does not wrong any soul in the slightest and Your Lord is not unjust towards His slaves .

“He cannot be questioned as to what He does, while they will be questioned”

[al-Anbiya’ 21:23 – interpretation of the meaning]

Refer to : The people of Hell will abide therein forever

Townie

Am I right to assume that those who are not Muslim are classified as disbelievers and will therefore go to hell?
I have seen definitions of disbelievers which imply that it is those who know the truth, but find a reason not to believe, are Kafir.
But what of those who are never exposed to the truth? And what of those whose upbringing leads them into another belief system?
Is it not easier for those who are born into Muslim families to accept the religion of their parents, than those born into Hindu families to accept a religion that is alien to them? Would a just God consign such people to eternal fire?
Why does God, who is all powerful, allow some people to be born into Muslim families where they will have an advantage over those born as Jains or Mormons?
It doesn't seem either merciful or just.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Ever heard of free will?

See, it's this concept that factors into the life of the average human being. We are given faculties of discernment that help us choose between good and evil. Color us stupid, but it is an automatic assumption that those of other faiths have this faculty of discernment as well and thus, the ability to choose between what is correct and what is not.

Am I right to assume that those who are not Muslim are classified as disbelievers and will therefore go to hell?

Nope, you're wrong to assume that.

The Quran mentions righteous Jews and Christians of the past that have attained Paradise by following their divine scriptures to a T.

Regarding your comment about those who are never exposed to the truth, Allah states in the Quran that He will not punish a people if they have not received the message.

You seem to think that being born into a Muslim family equals salvation for us. That's not the case. Many Muslims today thrive off of embodying the secular Westerner not only in image but in behavior and spirit as well. Allah mentions such types of individuals in the Quran and states that He will raise better Believers in their stead. This is seen through the high rate of Islamic conversions throughout the Western world. As more born-Muslims run towards secularism, non-Muslims run towards Islam. That doesn't sound like much of an advantage to me.

God guides whom He wills, based on the choices THOSE PEOPLE make, and there's nothing unjust about it.

Townie

It seems very unjust to me, but maybe because you were born into a Muslim family, Shahnazz, you are a little complacent and unforgiving? What would happen to you if you chose to deny the faith of your parents? Can you imagine what would happen to a Mormon girl who left her faith? Ok, the Mormon would not be condemned to death as an apostate. But she would be cast out from her family and friends.
That is not equal. And if the Mormon girl was condemned to the fires of hell for all eternity because she chose not to follow Islam that would not be just.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
First of all, don't assume to know what my family is like. I'm sick of non-Muslims coming up to me telling me that "Jesus will protect me" from my family's "tyranny and barbaric ways". People seem to feel justified to pass judgment on our families because they think that one or two idiots committing honor killings defines all of our parents as well. Something you would do well to remember before automatically commenting that a Muslim should be scared of their families. My parents are human beings just like everyone else and if I were to ever consider a way of life other than what they were used to, they would be deeply grieved but their love for me would outweigh anything else. How do I know this? Because there are many in my family that HAVE chosen the path you've stated. And my parents, as much as they still pray for them, are as warm and loving as ever.

Not the answer you were expecting?

It's okay. I'll let you know when an honor killing takes place and you can run to the press with it just like you're waiting to.

Secondly, don't call someone "complacent and unforgiving" simply because they're making a point that is different from yours and are quite confident about it.

And where did I say I was born into a Muslim family? Your assuming things about Muslims is going to get you nowhere while you're trying to get us to think twice about our views. Being "complacent and unforgiving" has nothing to with the truth anyway and I really don't see how it factors being born into a Muslim family. I fail to grasp what you're trying to say. That I'm blind to the reality of the situation because I have it easy?

If the Mormon girl were alienated by her family and friends, her reward would lie with God. Do you believe it's unjust for her to be compensated for her trouble in this world with a never-ending life in Paradise? Paradise is not free for ANYONE, sacrifices must be made.

The world is alot bigger than your black-and-white box. I suggest you read the Quran and do some real research before throwing out misconceptions as facts and assuming they carry any weight.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

As Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Their punishment would be eternal because if they lived infinitely, they would continue to sin and transgress the rights of Allah. Therefore their punishment would be eternal.

Every Human being has enough time and resources to ponder on the purpose of life and evaluate his/her life. Are they pleasing their Lord, Creator & Sustainer ? (including born muslims) Or are they living a life that they would 'like' to live regardless of whether they are among Allah's obedient and rightful servants or among the ones who incur His Anger and and His Wrath ?

Wasalaamalaykum

Townie

It's not big and clever to attack a person rather than address the questions they pose.
Your lack of sympathy for those who are born into faiths other than your own is quite shocking, but then I guess that our hypothetical Mormon girl would be confident and happy that it would be you burning in hell and not her.
I understand that you are striving to be a grown up - maybe you should start by putting yourself into the places that others occupy and learn some sympathy.
I am sure that if people who think like you get into paradise, it's not a club I would care to join.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I see. You're the one that's avoiding the responses being given and instead resort to pathetic assumptions about our families and our ways of life and I'm the one attacking.

Lovely.

You made your deliberate assumptions and you received your answers accordingly.

What kind of response do you expect when you judge us and our families like we're heathens?

Here's the thing Townie.

You need to address the responses to the points YOU make. Instead you've done nothing but badger and belittle the responses that were given because they were not according to your liking.

How very grown-up of you.

I'm not sure what kind of answers you're looking for but I assure you. Continue to speak to everyone else on this forum with judgment, condescension and a COMPLETE lack of respect and regard and you will receive the like.

MeGladder

I have seen definitions of disbelievers which imply that it is those who know the truth, but find a reason not to believe, are Kafir.
But what of those who are never exposed to the truth? And what of those whose upbringing leads them into another belief system?
Is it not easier for those who are born into Muslim families to accept the religion of their parents, than those born into Hindu families to accept a religion that is alien to them? Would a just God consign such people to eternal fire?
Why does God, who is all powerful, allow some people to be born into Muslim families where they will have an advantage over those born as Jains or Mormons?
It doesn't seem either merciful or just.

You need to learn more about Islam. Here is a fatwa:

The fate of kuffaar who did not hear the message of Islam

Praise be to Allaah.

It is part of the justice of Allaah that He does not punish any people until He has first sent a warning to them and unless there is evidence against them. Allaah does not treat anybody unfairly. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).” [al-Israa’ 17:15].

In his tafseer (commentary) on this aayah, Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “These words, ‘…And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)’ tell us of the justice of Allaah, may He be exalted, and that He does not punish anyone until after He has established evidence against him by sending a Messenger to him. This is like the aayat (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… Every time a group is cast therein [into Hell], its keeper will ask, “Did no warner come to you?” They will say, “Yes indeed; a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: ‘Allaah never sent down anything (of revelation), you are only in great error.’”’ [al-Mulk 67:8] and: ‘And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups, till, when they reach it, the gates thereof will be opened (suddenly like a prison at the arrival of its prisoners). And its keepers will say, “Did not the Messengers come to you from yourselves, - reciting to you the Verses of your Lord, and warning you of the Meeting of this Day of yours?” They will say: “Yes, but the Word of torment has been justified against the disbelievers!”’ [al-Zumar 39:71]…”

A person who has never heard of Islam or the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and who has never heard the message in its correct and true form, will not be punished by Allaah if he dies in a state of kufr (disbelief). If it were asked what his fate will be, the answer will be that Allaah will test him on the Day of Resurrection: if he obeys, he will enter Paradise and if he disobeys he will enter Hell. The evidence (daleel) for this is the hadeeth of al-Aswad ibn Saree’, who reported that the Prophet of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are four (who will protest) to Allaah on the Day of Resurrection: the deaf man who never heard anything, the insane man, the very old man, and the man who died during the fatrah (the interval between the time of ‘Eesaa (Jesus, upon whom be peace) and the time of Muhammad SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)). The deaf man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I never heard anything.’ The insane man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but the children ran after me and threw stones at me.’ The very old man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I did not understand anything.’ The man who died during the fatrah will say, ‘O Lord, no Messenger from You came to me.’ He will accept their promises of obedience, then word will be sent to them to enter the Fire. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, if they enter it, it will be cool and safe for them.”

According to another report, he said: “Whoever enters it, it will be cool and safe for him, and whoever does not enter it will be dragged to it.” (The hadeeth was reported by Imaam Ahmad and Ibn Hibbaan, and deemed saheeh by al-Albaani, Saheeh al-Jaami’, 881).

Everyone who hears the message of Islam in a sound and correct form (and rejects it), will have evidence against him. Whoever dies without having heard the message, or having heard it in a distorted form, then his case is in the hands of Allaah. Allaah knows best about His creation, and He will never treat anyone unfairly. And Allaah is All-Seer of His slaves.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Source: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/1244

So, Allah will never treat someone unfairly. He knows the best whether the message really reached in a sound and correct manner or not. As a result, we can not judge. It is rather upto Allah (Subhana Wa Tala).

Townie

One who has been brought up as a Muslim, hears the message in its true and correct form and accepts it, has an advantage over someone who is not brought up as a Muslim, hears the message in its true and correct form, but then rejects it in favour of the religion with which they were raised.
It is no coincidence that people tend to believe in the religion they were born into.
So either the judgement is not fair, or the commentary is not true.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Hi Townie,

The most important thing you need to know is that Allah guides everyone but up to the person to accept or reject Islam. The message of Islam can easily be found anywhere you are today, Allah given you and me healthy brains, with it men are able to become a rocket scientist but fall short from studying about God. Worst part, some of them becoming an atheist. So why blame God? I, was born into hindu family but later I was not happy worshipping idols and cows so I tried to understand other religions and finally finds only Islam firmly rejects idols.

On another point, after my reversion, I've witnessed many people came into Islam voluntarily, alhamdulillah some are through me. At the same time I do witness many born Muslims neglecting Islam. So is Allah being unfair? No.

MeGladder

One who has been brought up as a Muslim, hears the message in its true and correct form and accepts it, has an advantage over someone who is not brought up as a Muslim, hears the message in its true and correct form, but then rejects it in favour of the religion with which they were raised.

Any human should check out the religions and decide which is true or false. There is no such advantage if the message reaches to both person in true and correct form.

It is no coincidence that people tend to believe in the religion they were born into.

Anyone said that it's just a coincidence? It's rather a matter of choice.

So either the judgement is not fair, or the commentary is not true.

First of all, we do not know what the judgment will be. The judgement will be fair InshaAllah based on whether the message has reached in true and correct form or not.