Why your name?

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

When I first joined TTI my user name was Tree2008 which is the nickname for my actual name of Theresa=Tree and 2008 the year I first heard about Islam. I have recently changed my user name to Isra which is the Muslim name I chose after taking my shahada. Everyone calls me Isra now so its really my name just not legally.....YET!

Manaal_e_Afghan

Salam O alaikum warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

wow Ma sha Allah nice to know your user name history lol
Mine is "Manaal e Afghan" Means "Achievement of an Afghan"
and the achievement is yet to be achieved Lol
In sha Allah

Thank you

Wannabemuslim

This thread will be perfect for explaining things

I choose this name because i wanted to be muslim

I keep this name because i am and will always want to be muslim

WannaBeMuslim

complex_man

I have very complex nature. even my family says we cant understand you. even myself cant understand what i am :D . man because i am a MAN :p.... i am complex_man

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah!

^Your name's Abu `abdullaah!=]

Suhaanah was first the name of my neice. But then her mother changed it to Raihaanah despite my protests. So yeah, I chose it just cause I liked the name(though I still have no clue what it really means).

xAllahKnowsBestx

^Suhaanah is a nice name. :D According to Google, it's some sort of a "Star" in Arabic.. I have no idea.. :p

And my username is AllahKnowsBest.. Obviously, Allah does know best & we should always remember that! And the "x"s .. The name was already taken so I added two "x"s onto it, plus it's cool that way. :cool: Lol jk.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
My username is kashif_nazeer because it's my real name, Kashif is my first name and Nazeer is my grandfather's name. :)
:wasalam:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
<<< this is my real name ('_eh' is just for the sake of it as ilyas is taken).. only that it is spelt in a different way in my passport. I had my original name as my username but i had it changed because of privacy issues (cos my name combination is unique..hehe..)

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
You guys using your real names have some stones, I'll tell you. Putting yourself out there like that takes some guts.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
When I reverted to Islam I chose Hayat as my islamic name,because before becoming muslima my life was a disaster,so I decided to start from zero.and the number 84,is the year of my birth:muslim_child::wasalam:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Alf are my initials. I think it is a cute nickname.
Although some people think I am a male because of the name, haha.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as-salam 'alaikum warahmatu-llah

my name is Saiful Islam (sword of Islam) and Khan is my family name!

@sister alf2: cute nick name, with a pink rose, I dont know how people make this mistake, he he, may be they read it alif!

wassalam

good thread!

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
^Actually, that's what I thought as well.

ShahnazZ is the correct pronunciation of my name which is spelled Shehnaz. It's supposed to be pronounced and spelled ShAhnaz and I added the Z at the end because at the time, I had this weird fascination to have the first and last letter of a word be the same size. Somewhat "completes" the word for me :)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
<<< this is my real name ('_eh' is just for the sake of it as ilyas is taken).. only that it is spelt in a different way in my passport. I had my original name as my username but i had it changed because of privacy issues (cos my name combination is unique..hehe..)

I always thought you were a Canadian,brother,because of eh.
=D