Wish of death

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salaam alaikum,

Seeing one sign of qiyamah is people hope for death, is it a bad thing?

Well, I'm guessing it is, but with full honesty I must say there a down hills in my life most of the time and so I wish for death out of frustration.

I know there are people who wish for death only to see Allah mashaAllah - I do too of course as most of you do! But.. What if someone wishes death for the sake of letting go of the fitna in the world? (Problems/misery, etc.)

Is it haraam to wish for death to be put out of misery?

P.S. I only ask this so that I'm 100% sure of it. I don't want to go wishing for death for the rest of my life not knowing it's haraam! Thank you,

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Life is a gift. It helps us to discover what is important and throw away what is not. Allah gives life.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
We should be happy to have our lives. Sometimes I have to remind myself that we Muslims have to have this mindset: if good befalls us we should say Alhamdulillah and when bad falls upon us we should say Alhamdulillah. When I think about this it makes more grateful to Allah for what I have and I realize that although I'm having hardships, there are people out there that have things much worse than I do and it's because of Allah's mercy that it isn't worse for me.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

may Allah ease your difficulties sister and give you good in both the worlds. ameen

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu álayhi wa sallam) said, “Let not one of you wish for death because of a misfortune which befalls him. If he cannot help doing so, he should say: ‘O Allah, keep me alive as long as You know that life is better for me, and make me die when death is better for me”.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

http://islamicetiquette.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/let-not-one-of-you-wish-for-death/

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
We should be happy to have our lives. Sometimes I have to remind myself that we Muslims have to have this mindset: if good befalls us we should say Alhamdulillah and when bad falls upon us we should say Alhamdulillah. When I think about this it makes more grateful to Allah for what I have and I realize that although I'm having hardships, there are people out there that have things much worse than I do and it's because of Allah's mercy that it isn't worse for me.

:salam2:

you are right brother, a good muslim praise Allah everytime...

in good times s/he says: Alhamdulillahil lathee bi ni’matihi tatimmus saalihaat means: All praise and thanks are only for Allah, the One Who, by His blessing and favor, good works are accomplished.

and in sad times....Al-hamdulillah ala kulli hal. Praise is due to Allah in every circumstance (even the depressing ones).

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
Assalaam walaikum,

Life is a gift. It helps us to discover what is important and throw away what is not. Allah gives life.

life is not a gift,because if it was a gift we could decide what to do with ourselves.Allah gave us the life as something "on rent" and we'll have to give Him back with all our deeds.life is a test.I confess that sometimes I wished for myself to end this life because of misery and corruption,I also asked Allah to put an end to me..I was really wrong,but the soul of a believer is maybe more involved in the problems of what life brings,I know my life will finish when Allah will decide it,I can do nothing,I must surrender and I must also resist to the struggles that life pose in front of me.do you think that family is all I have?how do you think I feel,when I stop and reflect that there will be no family in the Day of Judgement?I'll be alone like a dog in the desert.this matter sometimes made me fall into the sadness,so that I wished to give everything up....but this is life.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Life is a gift. It is a delicate joy. Yes, He gave us a gift. I count my blessings sister. I think of days when a spot of evil befalls me and I thank Allah, for saving me from greater evil.

Sister..change the outlook..why look at being alone when Allah has given us a million stars.

The Holy Quran uses the word bliss for the Day of Judgment. Do not think of gloom and doom that is the duyna...