Women's Awrah in Islam

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Assalaamualaikum All,

I hope you are all well and in the best of Islamic Spirit.

I had a question about what Islam really considers as part as a womens awrah? Are feet part of the women awrah?

One of my friends always use to wear socks in prayer but she didn't necessarily wear shoes on a daily basis.

I always thought that if you dressed a certain way i.e. the proper way Islamic way, that is the way you are meant to dress outside prayer as well.

Can someone please clarify whether women are meant to cover their feet in prayer and outside prayer. In other words, are our feet part of our awrah?

Thanks in advance guys.

Wasalaam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

This question has been addressed before. Much of it is cultural. Many women from the subcontinent do not wear socks at all. They do not pray with socks. Mostly women of Arab descent wear socks at my masjid. The salfai women also wear socks. I can not tolerate socks; only in the icy days will I wear socks.
Slightly different topic: barefoot. It was reported that the Prophet (swas) suggested we wear shoes.
I am not a scholar. I know more knowledgeable brothers and sisters will give you the answers you are looking for; I often find answers on www.islamonline.net.