would you marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

palestine

Servant of Allah
:salam2: , Indeed i would. If Allah gives me the opportunity to marry someone who is righteous, God-fearing, and who has good manners and practices the deen the right way.........then heck yeah! May Allah wipe away the hate in our hearts inshaAllah ameen. I'm a sister and i'm not married yet....i've read each and every one of your posts on this subject......it seems like a dream marrying someone who is from another culture but it could become reality too. the reason i say this is because many people are strict about marrying outside of their culture. people are always saying that you will never get along with someone of another culture if u marry them (but i am willing to marry another cultured person as long as they have taqwa), why? beacause of different foods...etc etc. i really don't care for that stuff much. people try to burst my bubble of hopes, but i always try to think postively. InshaAllah Allah will make it easy for us all inshaAllah. ameen. seeing your posts of replies really made me have hope even more.:salam2: :hijabi: :hijabi:

Sakeena

salam,

I'm African American, I wouldn't mind marrying a Muslim from another country insha'Allah. That would be so wonderful masha'Allah :) :ma:
hehe.. I like Muslims from other countries more han in America :)

bi'idhnillah

:salam2:

if all of u guys want to marry from other countries/cultures... then which one d'yu c uaself marrying?

i mean u must hav an idea of whom u'd prefer...

ummsami89

other cultures

Salam aliakum. yes, I am american and my husband is Palestinian. We have been married 22 years, I have known him for 4 years before that. I didnt convert until 7 years ago. He is citizen now. Alhumduillah.

Asy-Shifa

I cant remember which verse exactly, but I'm sure most of us have heard the ayat that says that Allah created men from different races so that we learn about each other.

I personally don't have a problem with interracial marriages, but most old folks (parents, aunties) do not seem to agree on that idea. It is quite understandable though, because they're afraid of losing their son/daughter if he/she might have to migrate to another place.

People are afraid of something they don't know. Marrying a person from a different race would mean having to integrate oneself to another culture. This idea might scare some people.

Bear in mind the issue of nationality was never brought until the fall of the Caliph. Before that people were united by Islam, not by race or nationality.

'Thanks' to Kamal Attarturk (fall of the ottoman empire), parents would rather marry of their child with someone of same race, even though another person who is more pious has asked for their child's hand in marriage. My parents fall in this type of category (with reasons I stated above), but I pray everytime so that I get a pious husband. If he's a pious person from the same race, then Alhamdulillah. If he's a pious person from another race, then Alhamdulillah too(this level of Alhamdulillah is no less than the 1st, I'm equally happy for what Allah has decided on me =) )

slm

fabianacosta

???

well i will not have trouble with that... like everyone said islam is from Allah swt for humanity and not for arab, american, english, afrikan or anykind of nationality... but the fact is that if the person is a real muslim... is a bit difficult to really get to now that coz distance... but not impossible lol!! :muslim_child: maa salama

ehsan

yup yup yup..i would definately marry a girl form other continent or country.....thats wat Islam is all about...we r all muslims....color or nationality makes no difference !
but the question is ...does someone wants to marry me :) :)
:wasalam:

Haifa

yup yup yup..i would definately marry a girl form other continent or country.....thats wat Islam is all about...we r all muslims....color or nationality makes no difference !
but the question is ...does someone wants to marry me :) :)

:shymuslima1:

Shaad

Assalamu Alikum
I can't see why not! As long as the marriage is for a good cause and nothing just for your own benefits, then, yea brother, go ahead. Insha Allah, your lord will be happy and will guide you in the right path.

shahidah123

would you marry a muslim bro/sis who is from other contenent i mean other place like asia africa america.?
pleae be honest.

No. 1 Suspicions is not right. Unless you have solid evidence that your future partner is marrying you for another reason.
No. 2 What's wrong with Asians or African muslims ?
Asians or Africans, they are human beings, more so if they are muslims. We are One brotherhood. NO racism in Islam.
I'd rather marry a Black African muslim than a drop dead handsome non-muslim. This matter we have to go by the Islamic law.
No. 3 You can only PLAN who to marry but you cannot supercedes Allah's plan on WHO you WILL eventually marry.
:hijabi: My opinion. Salam.
:tti_sister:

salafi

quran=balance=sunnah
doesn't matter

as long he/she is a good match
i would love to marri a muslim not from my country
espicialy british like their accent
just kidding
as long he/ she are on the right path of quran and sunnah he/she will be a god match for me
beauty is optional :SMILY346:

mwinyi27

i married a man from Africa

Hello everyone first id like to say im glad i found this site and this is my first reply..i just celebrated 3 yrs of marriage to a muslim from Kenya and i had 2 friends give up on me because they thought he would use me and try to force me to be muslim well in all 3 yrs my husband has never bothered me or forced me ..we have one son together and he has taken responsibility for my older son..and i have decided on my own to convert to Islam during Ramadan (is when i made my choice) so marrying him was a great thing for me even though he is from another country and he is not a citizen or even resident yet..your heart doesnt care where the one u love is from different country city state or even continent!!:tti_sister:

weird i never thought bout marriage .... mayb im too much engulfed in playin games n watchin tv n other important issues...but i guess race n colour shouldnt b an issue unless ur narrow minded

b4blue

Assalam ua laikum

we should not worry about that the women u want to merry belong from where.we just take care about that she is a true muslim,and she can walk along with u for islam in any condition...........and most of all she can be a good mother for ur children........because mother is the first school for children.........if u ask me i can merry in any part of the world but first she should be a true and honest muslim
wa sslam...............

arabiantxn

I am not sure on this one to be honest.- I think so simply because when you marry some one you marry their family ,their culture ,their society .That said marriage is difficult even if you marry some one from your own culture . All I care is to have is a wife who is religious, good heart hearted , and understanding and just a nice person. I wish that i posses every good trait and habits, wealth and everything she wishes.-
I could be wrong on this subject because i don't have any experience

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
salaam,
well i think i have a long time left to get married, but sometimes i have few arguements wid my mom, cos i always tell her dat i wanna marry some whus not form country and she says no lol.......... well i dnt have ne prob to marry ne one whether shes black,asian,or white or someone from far east but she must be a muslim or should convert into islam before gettin married.

Thats good pre planning...

Keep it up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.