would you marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleigh

Salaam,

Yes. I'm completely willing to learn and become accustomed to another culture (I realize Islam is #1, but you'll eventually HAVE to learn the culture of your spouse no matter what), as long as that other person realizes I need to do so, and is understanding and won't push it if there are some things within the cultures that may clash at first. As long as we're both understanding, then yes.

Honestly...I would prefer to marry someone who isn't completely Americanized, and is from another culture. Ideally, I'd want someone who grew up in the US for all/most of their lives (or the West in general), but still maintains close ties with their "native" cultures. That way they understand and are able to function in both.

I just really can't see myself with someone who knows absolutely nothing about my culture. I'm not being ethnocentric or xenophobic - I just know that I wouldn't have enough in common with them otherwise.

I know with my parents, race will never be an issue. Religion is another story... but my mother has accepted the fact that I'm probably not going to marry a typical white American boy.

Wasalaam

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Hello everyone first id like to say im glad i found this site and this is my first reply..i just celebrated 3 yrs of marriage to a muslim from Kenya and i had 2 friends give up on me because they thought he would use me and try to force me to be muslim well in all 3 yrs my husband has never bothered me or forced me ..we have one son together and he has taken responsibility for my older son..and i have decided on my own to convert to Islam during Ramadan (is when i made my choice) so marrying him was a great thing for me even though he is from another country and he is not a citizen or even resident yet..your heart doesnt care where the one u love is from different country city state or even continent!!:tti_sister:

:salam2:
Welcome to TTI my sister in Islam.
This is called Emaan ! And when you have Emaan in your heart you are great in every way. May Allah grant you highest place in Paradise on the Day of Judgment.
Hope you had a great Ramadan and Eid.
:wasalam:

Mahmed322

Sure. Infact I would like to marry some one from different continent, just to prove Islam is universal religion. But whatever Allah plans that happen.
As long as both follow Islam, I dont think there will be any problem in doing that.

Alhumdulillah. Perfectly stated

ullahs1

salam

I can understand your feeling but honestly, i won't mind to marry a pious girl regardless of her origin. I am from Asia, i am sunni and alhamdulillah i also pray my salat. However, i have a problem. i always wish to marry a beautiful girl, at least not an ugly girl. I am living in canada and i can see lots of beautiful girls, even though i don't stare at them but may be i am obsessed with beauty.I better get married asap.
May Allah bless you.
SYED MAHMUD

in my heart i would. it's just that i'm afraid someone will only be marrying me for my US citizenship. it happens a lot. i just can't deal with embarassment like that.

happy 2 b muslim

Same here bro I SAY THIS TO MY mother i dont know shes like your marring a somali that this and that OH MY THAT MAKE IT HARD BECAUSE I HAVENT EVEN SEE A GOOD MUSLIM THAT THIS AND THAT AND SOMALI i said to her do you want me to get married at the age of 50 :hijabi: i dont see colour or race or tribe i see muslim that all allah know i woundlnt care but she say that the children with be confused and his parents will be looking down on me i really dont believe all people are like that i aswell say that be she glued and i dont know if its in you race because some somali TALK they talk about other people bussines like it theirs..salam alaykum

happy 2 b muslim

Question: Would you marry?

Answer: Where do i sign... and where are the keys to the hotel room?

-----------------------------------------------------

jokes aside... I personally prefer to marry outside my race... nothing beats interracial marriage... just think how the kids will look... then your parents from both sides will be happy with the "exquisite" grandchildren... lol

sorry... im still joking... (sort-of)

Same here bro I SAY THIS TO MY mother i dont know shes like your marring a somali that this and that OH MY THAT MAKE IT HARD BECAUSE I HAVENT EVEN SEE A GOOD MUSLIM THAT THIS AND THAT AND SOMALI i said to her do you want me to get married at the age of 50 i dont see colour or race or tribe i see muslim that all allah know i woundlnt care but she say that the children with be confused and his parents will be looking down on me i really dont believe all people are like that i aswell say that be she glued and i dont know if its in you race because some somali TALK they talk about other people bussines like it theirs..salam alaykum

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

I would marry anyone, regardless of race, culture or whatever, as long as he is a practising muslim.

I have just one demand though, he must live here, or already have a visa/permanent papers to live here in Norway, or in Europe, because I refuse to be used as a Visa-doll.

Or, meaning, I HAD one demand lol, I am married now.

najbc

in my heart i would. it's just that i'm afraid someone will only be marrying me for my US citizenship. it happens a lot. i just can't deal with embarassment like that.

I see your point, I am citizen and I seen lot of sisters that happen to them and i think bout it too. for me, first comes the deen but to be honest with I do not know if i would or not. It will be long for I get marry but I am afraid that if i get marry to someone from other country that the tradition and culture would really cause problems because every culture had its own way of doing thinks and rise their youth and i personally have my won ways. but I do not I would say no i will not marry someone because of their races. race is what makes us as each different and unique. but when marry someone from another country you will need to understand their language and tradition before marriage. I think get marry to someone from another country is brave thing. I am been open mind.

Sakeena

I am marrying a brother from another country too. I like the culture and it's interesting and I'm an American and want some culture in my home :) :ma:

najbc

As I read most of the post it seem almost everyone is afraid of what the elders will say and how they do not like marriage from different countries. I am wondering are we use the elders as an excuse or do we really care that they do not like this idea. I believe that if anyone of us here fell in love with someone from another country and decide to marry them no one not even the elders we love and care for can stop us. so, just forget about the elders because the elders love us and will eventually come around because they care about our happiness.

Sakeena

Amen sister! So! A Muslimah convert needs not a Wali to marry??
She can marry the man as long as he is religious, pious, humble, caring, etc. Right? So, I'm not giving up my husband for no one! I don't care what they say to me about it.

T/C

Sakeena :hearts:

Meraj

Brother

i would like to be one of them,,,,,,,bcoz in islam there is no concept of country, nation or boundary at all...so muslim is muslim,,,no matter which place he/she belong.....islam is one and only one all over the world,,,,so do it ...in the name of ALLAH as HE is the only WHO knows better,,,,

abou_el_walid

waiting Allah mercy

Assalamo alaykom wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuhu ,,
Marriage is one of the bigest problems nowadays i think ;;

i was student in islamic university in Madina saudia arabia ,,you cannot marry there or bring your wife if you are married ;; laws ,,
i moved to canada ;; after some time i became a manager of islamic centers and one of leaders of our muslims comunity there ;; al hamdulilah ;; but no muslimah accepted to marry with me ;; because i didnt get final paper from immigration ;; i tried with many many sisters and there famillies but no one accept me ;;

°°°° ....yes you are very good brother and our shikh ; we all love you ;;; but ;;; we are so sorry ..... °°°°°

after long time suffering ; i found one canadian muslim sister to accept me ;; but i was surprised after marriage to know that she is really sick and i have no right with her ;;; she accepted marry with me because she thought good muslim will never need his wife !!!!
that made my life crazy ,, you can imagine ;;

after one year asking her to see a doctor she didnt accept ; so we decided to devorce ,,

who will accept me after that ,,, ligal life in canada but without final paper ,, and devorced ,,, la illaha illa allah ;;;

after some time ,, happened much more problems ;; they tried to kill me ;;
to found my self in my arab country under arrest because some crazy ppl tried to kill me in canada !!!!!!

and now i have to wait till next year to have the chance to leave my arab country if they keep there promess ,,

marriage in my contry is dream of most of youth ,,, our parents are not rich we worked for them and for there too much kids mashallah for long time ,, so how can think about marriage in my country ;;

all what i want to say to my sisters in islam from west countries ,, if some one with deen with good religion Allah fearing and practice well ;; please dont lett him to fitna because you think he is looking for your paper ;; what s the problem if you help a good muslim with your paper and if he is good muslim you think he will devorce you after he take his papers ??? subhan Allah ;;
اذا جاءكم من ترضون دينه و خلقه فزوجوه الا تفعلوا تكن فتنة في الارض و فساد عريض
According to the authentic Hadith, if you have a person and you are pleased with his deen and manners, so choose him for marriage. The same thing applies to a woman. So, if we make our priority based on deen, then we can expect to build a good family.

Allah Almighty knows best.

by the way i saw in a dream long time ago that i m married to 2 wives ;; the first was my ex_wife and the 2nd is not from my country too ;;
waiting Allah mercy

assalamo alaykom:SMILY176:

UmmOf3

When I was single, 4 yrs ago, I would never ever concidered marrying a man without permanent papers in my country. I was a single mother with two children, and I had no interest in being used for a visa. Why? Because how can I trust a man I meet online? Maybe he would not be good for my children? Maybe he would treat them bad, or something. I had no guarantee for that.

Even a man living here, but illegal or without permanent papers, it could be bad, for my kids, and me. What IF he leave me when the three years are done?

And why is marriage a dream in your country, but easy outside? Because we reverts unfortunately sell ourselves too cheap. Mahr of 1 dollar? Is that right?

Shahzad

its nice to hear the thoughts oof u ppl.

islam presents no boundary for every muslim either he is african or american.
All muslims are tied in single chain

But there are few differences wid respect to culture u have been brought up in like cooking , language etc.
U need to consider those before some one who is from different culture other wise it cud cause discrepancies.

I am open to marry any girl from the planet :) as long as she is muslim. I like the reverts specially as they have more stronger intentions so act on islam rather than bogus persons like me.

Although reverts arent only the choice ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.