would you marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

adil_sensei

salam alikom,

the mixture of culture and islam is becoming a true problem for all muslim. in each part of our life there is a misunderstanding of islam . but what we have to do is to fixe our selfs in the way of rassoul allah salla ALLAH alaihi wasallam, follow his messages; and change situations but with loving people.

you brother Adil

BrotherZak

As a black Muslim lets try to remember the case of Bilal(rem) and his case among the campanions of the prophet and how he eventually got married. This is how we should live simply and if we begin to act in the true islamic way and teach our kids the same ,eventually the generation based on culture will be distilled out...

salam

milbes12345

of course

that should be the furthest thing on your mind when getting married for the sisters as long as he is muslim than that is all there is ethnicity isnt important
as for the brothers you may marry anyone of your choosing as long as it is in a halal way i am an american brother and plan on marrying an american even though my family want me to marry someone from palestine

Aliyah206

assalamu aliykum..
i really don't think marriage has to do with race or color, as long as they re muslim...you just fall in love with em..u won't even noticed it when it happens..
am not married yet but when it comes to marriage am MORE intersted in someone outside ma race.. But AGAIN allahu allam..the writing has dried and the pens have been lifted..who are we to adjust things now..

Aliyah206

let me remind every one, the sahaba BILAL (may allah be blessed with him)
was African and he married an arab women..

justoneofmillion

Already muslim/muslima

Assalam,well,now that everything has been said i would just like to point something out that is really important! .

It is in fact easier to marry someone from your own cultural background ...etc there is chemistry whether we like it or not we can `t deny it,plus the parents know each other or have it easier to relate to each other and get along in some way (have their fun and leave us alone..joke)which can also be a protection for both spouses when it comes to disputes and so on ,But it should remain only optional...

If i marry one day inschallah there is one thing for sure,i would marry somebody that is already muslima,i do not care what race she will be as long as the fact that her being muslim has nothing to do with her feelings with me!
Because i have met one or two girls in recent past( christians whatever that means) that told me they would become muslim so that we could marry and be together bla bla bla(not really to complete the deen no!) and , but that is too dangerous too risky am sorry,i have seen too many families get broken because of this too many children getting lost to kuffr, really believe me i know what am talking about,beware of that,a lot of people perceived it to be harmless before us and they were sure of making the right decision because of the other person being"special"but again beware of that the beginning is good it is always good ,after that you may regret it for the rest of your life...

That is why it is important that the parents ask and try to know the person that is proposing,it is a delicate task.

I have only one big problem, am dead polygamous what a curse!:( i hate it,i can`t seem to wanna make up my mind all the time , may Allah swt help me cure that,if i carry on undecided like this am never gonna marry !but am going to post a special thread about that inschallah am just waiting for the right time,maybe just a little courage to do so as i usually don`t like talking about this kind of matters. ...

May Allah swt make it easy for all of those seeking his satisfaction and guidance in this particular matter.

Al-Gharib

No Victor But Allah!
Question: Would you marry?

Answer: Where do i sign... and where are the keys to the hotel room?

-----------------------------------------------------

jokes aside... I personally prefer to marry outside my race... nothing beats interracial marriage... just think how the kids will look... then your parents from both sides will be happy with the "exquisite" grandchildren... lol

sorry... im still joking... (sort-of)

diamond

jokes aside... I personally prefer to marry outside my race... nothing beats interracial marriage... just think how the kids will look... then your parents from both sides will be happy with the "exquisite" grandchildren... lol

looool
as salam alaykum wr wb

i have the exact same opinion brother!!

i cant see myself marrying the norm in my community, dunno why. many people have also said to me they can see me marrying someone different and i am all for interacial marriage!! why not? if it is done the correct way and to better ourselves as muslims then there shouldnt be any objections. it would widen the message of Islam and be very fruitful for the families and future children. and about the children, mixed race kids are gorgeous-i wouldnt mind a few myself lolol

ramadham mubarak to all by the way!

wa alaykum salam wr wb

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
looool
as salam alaykum wr wb

i have the exact same opinion brother!!

i cant see myself marrying the norm in my community, dunno why. many people have also said to me they can see me marrying someone different and i am all for interacial marriage!! why not? if it is done the correct way and to better ourselves as muslims then there shouldnt be any objections. it would widen the message of Islam and be very fruitful for the families and future children. and about the children, mixed race kids are gorgeous-i wouldnt mind a few myself lolol

ramadham mubarak to all by the way!

wa alaykum salam wr wb

Salam alai kum bros and sis

I must admit I agree with you both hence why I decided to marry an Arab from Morocco. I'm mixed blood myself of Indian and African origin and Alhamdulilah my wife is now pregnant and we're expecting our first child Inshallah.

Please make dua for my wife as she has found it extremely tough through her pregnancy and that Allah bestows on us a healthly child that will Inshallah grow up to be the best of Muslims Inshallah Ameen.

Salam alai kum to you all.

AndiRB

I not only would I am and around me are most of the couples mixed-culture marriages. Germany-Morocco, Spain-Algeria, Venezuela-Libia, Argentina-Syria....

It makes life a lot more interesting and I am personally learning each day something new about another culture, alhamdulilah.

Ramdan mubarak

huda2

I agree with u, what is more interesting than learning some thing new every day. I believe interracial marriage is more interesting than the same race, coz the both sides will bring on the table new idea, new food, different back ground, and different language, and the best part two different family joining together,,,,,,,learning all that stuff is fun and enjoyable.:mashallah:.

:wasalam:

q8penpals

Salam

I already have married a man from a different culture/country, so I guess my answer is yes!

But I would advise anyone considering someone from a different culture (not specifically a different race, because an Arab who has lived their whole life in America has a different culture than an Arab that lived the whole life in the MIddle East) to make sure that AFTER you make sure they are a good Muslim, that they are someone you will be compatible with on a daily basis.

Trust me, it is the little things that tend to be the big problems in marriages. Personally, I do not like Arabic food at all - I will eat it to be polite, but I have never had a real liking for rice and don't like spicy food. I can make tons of other types of food, and my husband likes them, but when he really wants arabic food, we have to go out, or go to his family's houses (or sometimes I send him to his friends/or family without me!)

What I am saying is, Faith should be the number one consideration, but don't sweep every other consideration under the rug. The divorce rate in the WORLD is too high to just jump in without due consideration.

Kuwait's newspaper just reported this week that the divorce rate in Kuwait has just hit over 53% - and this is only counting marriages of Kuwaitis, not the other nationalities in Kuwait. If a country that is steeped in Muslims and Muslim lifestyles can end up with over half the marriages ending in divorce, it is a sign that something is wrong.

:girl3:

Lana

Haifa

:salam2:

in my heart i would. it's just that i'm afraid someone will only be marrying me for my US citizenship. it happens a lot. i just can't deal with embarassment like that.

i know what you mean i am from holland and i can not marry someone because he wants dutch papers :)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
If someone would have asked this same question to Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) what do you think his response would have been ?

Yes. If that person is a good Muslim then you should marry that person.

I know culture and language sometimes cause friction and tension, but we are talking about a God fearing Muslim - right? These things shouldn't be a problem. And Islam is a religion for all people and for all times. We are one Ummah, and in marriage too we should display the same characteristic.

Status
Not open for further replies.