Wuduu -Hijab Restrictions?

Aroosak

:salam2:

I pray everyone is well

I went to a lecture about Salah and the sheikh said that when a woman makes wudu in a public bathroom and there are non-muslim women around is best for her to not take off her hijab but just wipe it on top with some water. How valid is this and is there any daleel that this is permissible? I understand his point since many times I felt weird about doing wudu in front of some women in public restrooms and especially when they actually look more like men than women audhubillah....

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
wa'alaikum as'salaam sister,

It is permissible for a woman to wipe over her khimar (head cover) in the case of necessity, such as when it is very cold, or it is difficult to take off her hijab and put it back on.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: It is permissible for a woman to wipe over her khimaar?
He replied:

The well known view in the madhhab of Imam Ahmad is that she may wipe over her khimaar if it goes under her chin, because it was narrated that some of the womenfolk of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) did that.

Whatever the case, if there is some difficulty, either because the weather is cold or because it is difficult to take it off and put it on again, then there is nothing wrong with wiping in such cases, otherwise it is better not to do that. End quote.

You can read more at: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/72391