Yahoo / Google Alternative Possbile?

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Assalamualikum Brothers/Sisters,

Every time i go to Yahoo i feel sorry to see such a biased reporting with so much twisted words / views. e.g. recently there was one news "Israel celebrated its independece day" I asked myself - Independence from whom?

There is so much of twisting of words there that i am loosing complete faith in their reporting. Why do we depend upon there search engine, cant we develop our own? None of muslim country or individual has this courage to comeup with some alternative for a muslim poplation > billion?

Atleast start a search engine for Islamic sites (approved sites will be listed). We can make an option that search will list the result from our search engine server first, followed by yahoo or google. This will help to give best of search at the same time in good quantity as well. I know they are big company, but we too have big determiniation.

May be our moderator can start such project and we all may share in his efforts?

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

My husband just started using www.aftervote.com because it has an elimination-method and its good if you are looking for exclusive stuff. It searches google and yahoo, and others, mainly, but you get all the hits on one page.

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
My husband just started using www.aftervote.com because it has an elimination-method and its good if you are looking for exclusive stuff. It searches google and yahoo, and others, mainly, but you get all the hits on one page

Some time ago i had developed one browser, something like internet explorer, which had the facility to filter bad words automatically(nfact it will take you to good islamic site if you type to search bad word). You could block your own list of bad sites as well. It will also search the loaded webpage for any bad word and if found it will again take to good islamic website ;)

It has facility to search the any keyword in yahoo, google etc at different times and search various words for their meaning in online dictionary in different languages etc (See image attached below)

But i was talking about something different here. What i udnerstand is that these search engine are based on a databse and everyone who has website and want to connect to a search engine say yahoo, request them. They add the domain name of the website in their database with the given description and then end users are able to search your website from a search engine.

So basically we just need to make a database and add so many islamic sites to it. we have to program script in such a way that our search engine gives the results from our database server first an then from yahoo or google. So if someone search islamic site with our search engine, it will be ensured that good site appears first pages rom our database.

Inline with yahoo style, we may then also put honest news reports from muslim world on our search engine.

What do you think?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 7

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Sounds like a cool idea. I only use BBC for news and they do not seem to be biased i dont think. Yahoo is garbage personally, the website that is. And an islamic search engine would be kool with news as well, which could also be good.

My view ------> Go for it

Wasalam

EDIT: Oops, i guess there is already a search engine.

Assalamualikum Brothers/Sisters,

Every time i go to Yahoo i feel sorry to see such a biased reporting with so much twisted words / views. e.g. recently there was one news "Israel celebrated its independece day" I asked myself - Independence from whom?

There is so much of twisting of words there that i am loosing complete faith in their reporting. Why do we depend upon there search engine, cant we develop our own? None of muslim country or individual has this courage to comeup with some alternative for a muslim poplation > billion?

Atleast start a search engine for Islamic sites (approved sites will be listed). We can make an option that search will list the result from our search engine server first, followed by yahoo or google. This will help to give best of search at the same time in good quantity as well. I know they are big company, but we too have big determiniation.

May be our moderator can start such project and we all may share in his efforts?

Jazakallahu khair brother. That is a brilliant idea. I am not too savvy with computers, my field of study is not information technology or computers, but I do know alot of the basics and can learn quick. If we were to create one, it would take everyones effort and skill.

Also, try www.metacrawler.com it's a search engine that pulls information from all search engines (google, yahoo, altavista, etc).

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Thankyou all for your reply. I checked those 2 website, they are fine. But i doubt they have heavy traffic. People like to purchase everything under one roof these days.

TTI server is faster, TTI is attractive place for people to come daily. If TTI add a search engine to its site + its own site listing serivce (database), it cuould be great.

Search engines are nothing but like phone directory. when you come and search anything over there, they search their database for various registered sites and then display the list of websites that contains your search results. When you click a link the search engine direct you to that website.