You can't leave me

Storm

SiStEr
I started university a week ago and i found out that there is a Christian in my class. We are good friends and Im always trying to talk about Islam but she might think Im attacking her, i dont want to come on too hard.
How should I start?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

If you think she will be put off by people talking to her about Islam then you should stop doing it and just be an example yourself, that way she'll see Islam, actions speak louder than words apparently, so it may have more of an impact.

Kayote

:salam2:

If you think she will be put off by people talking to her about Islam then you should stop doing it and just be an example yourself, that way she'll see Islam, actions speak louder than words apparently, so it may have more of an impact.

Salam,

I think the above advise from Isra is to all of us. As that is the hardest thing to do but without it we cannot be muslims, can we?

Because I am in the same situation as yourself, I do 'try' to be as good a muslim as possible and hope its my actions that prick your curiosity. Lets pray we succeed.

Oh & be patient.

Salam

Joanna-Aisha

Salam alykoum! I was Christian before (Catholic) and I can tell you some advice. First of all, don't talk all the time about Islam. I mean, don't mension it without any reason. Is good to give example of some situation from life, when you talk with her, some reactions, and values and rules, but always in connection with some actions, and events....The best situation is when she asks you...I did like that. No one forced me, I was asking and you know I enjoyed when my friends gave me some websites addresses-cuz I could read and think and then ask more , and more. I didn't agree with many things, but after time it came to be, and the importance of for example being married with Muslim man:)
Your friend has to feel free and interested, and remeber to mention things, not to prepare the whole speech about Islam:):):)It's very important:)

I hope my advice will help you a little:)Aha, an of course pray for her:)It always helps:)
If you need any help, just PM me, I'll help with pleasure inshaAllah:)
Take care
Maa el salama

Storm

SiStEr
Jazakillah everyone, I said Im always trying to talk about Islam but i never have.
Your advice means a lot, please do pray for her.

hichamcom

salam
j èspèr que tu vas bein et j vt tu dire qu j n compr pas englsh mè je parl francia o arab
merci pr tt et je ss new ici kantmana man lah nkoun wahad man ikhwa fi had rom

El Gordito

strength thru faith
the discussions are encouraged, but should always take place with respect and from an intellectual standpoint.. i don't know what to quote here.. but believe me, its out there.. :)

instead of talking about Islam, why not ask her if there is anything truthfully and honestly she doubts about her own faith?

if say for examples, she doesn't understand Trinity, or Communion (if she practices this).. then tell her an Islamic stand point..

being preachy and over zealous puts you at risk for two things

1) turning her off completely to Islam (who knows.. maybe one day thru understanding and more complete knowledge, she will get Dawah)
2) by being preachy, you are put to a higher standard, but you are human... so any mistakes by you, can immediately be seen as a hypocrite by someone outside who will ultimately take that and run with it, if she is that kind of person....

so let the conversations be about faith, but don't be on teh corner on top of your soap box... be an example. :)

wasalaamu alaikum....

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
As Salaamu Alaykum Sis Storm, n my short life as a revert 2 Islam i found out the hard way (whole family everything but muslim) that u should try the "Isn't strange"approach. Once you get them, (if possible) 2 c the similarities then u can get down 2 the who change what and why's in their belief structure. May ALLAH make it easy for you and reward you for your efforts. Which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?