You Only Live Once (YOLO) Fallacy

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah

I pray that all of you are in the best of health and Eeman.

Late Eid Mubarak to all the brothers and sisters of TTI. It has been a long time since I last visited but I did missed all of you from the bottom of my heart.

Going to the point, recently I along with some other friends made a promo video which contains a reminder about 'Death' and debunking the YOLO (You Only Live Once) Fallacy. So I thought to share it with you.

But before I share the video, let me share a part of the conversation between me and my 8th grade sister while we were heading to the Coney Island Beach.

Me: Do you know what "YOLO" stands for?
Sister: Yes.....
You Only Live Once
Me: hmmm..
Sister: Write it backwards and become "OLOY".
Do you know what it stands for?
Me: No I don't
Sister: Only Losers Obey YOLO

Now you can enjoy this video
"A frighteningly common misconception to be found among the Ummah today, in particular the Muslim Youth, is the YOLO Fallacy. Many of us have been led believe that to live life to the fullest, we may indulge in activities that supposedly bring pleasure even if they are in direct conflict with our Deen. Destructive thoughts and the implementation of them is seen as a socially acceptable way to act since "You Only Live Once" and you must have have fun regardless of the consequences.

With this in mind, we often tend to leave off practicing Islam to when we're older. Just one little problem- We don't know if old age is guaranteed since death does not discriminate elders over the youth."

[video=youtube;I5CKxRyazDk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CKxRyazDk[/video]

Wa- alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah