Your experience of Islamophobia??

Idris16

^Mash'Allah so funny... they ask questions like if they were seven years sadly:D
Mash'Allah a revert from Finland, do you learn Swedish there?
Wa salam Alaykum

9Amatullah9

Assalamo Alaykom

Yes they teach swedish here, because it's the second official language of Finland. Och jag pratar svenska också. But I'm not good at it. Actually I am absolutely terrible in swedish. lol.

Wasalaam,
Amatullah

menj1980

I do not have any first-hand experience of Islamophobia because I am living in a Muslim-majority country. However, there is rampant Islamophobia online and a lot of hate-sites are being created against Islam and Muslims.

Mujahideena

Wa Alaykom Assalam Wa RahmatuAllah

A man called me names and I reported about it to a policeman, and he got in trouble. It wasnt even BAD what he said, just called me a terrorist, a clown, that I am trying to be something I'm not etc. I was calm and asked if we can speak in a mature way and if he has questions to ask about my religion then he is free to do so and I am more than happy to answer his questions. But he kept on going, so I called the police. He thought I was kidding but the policemen came short afterwards and he really became white when he realized he BROKE THE LAW.

Alhamdulillah the police department here takes these things seriously. But I am not going to report all the cases, because then I would have to make a report everyday. Alhamdulillah ala kulli haa.

Mujahida

Wulf

A'Salaamu Aleikom.

I think my first experience of Islamaphobia was when my wife called me an aprentice terrorist, shortly after shehada, and then abondened me and our daughter.

Anything after that just washes off my back like water.:SMILY231:

W'salaam Aleikom

Ibrahim

Renee

My experience of islamophobia is quite different from yours because I used to be the one at the other end of the rope if you catch my drift. Although I have never physically abused anybody, I was what some in cyber space calls an internet warrior. Not that I have had any famous websites or infamous if you prefer to call it that, but for more than a couple of years I have been very active on various forums and blogs as a commentator, always with lots of spiteful, sarcastic and mean remarks. I'm sure I have hurt a few peoples feelings over the time. Then in the early summer I picked up a quran and decided to make up my own mind about it. Already after a few pages I was surprised, like so this is the stuff that makes up all those crackpots? Although I haven't gotten longer than to chapter six, it is long enough to conclude this is nothing that I thought it would be. The only reason I haven't gotten longer yet is because I became quite obsessive of surfing to islamic sites after this. I can't stop thinking of it. It's like a magnet. But I don't know any muslims IRL and it took a lot of courage just to register here, not to mention actually posting. Some has even suggested I should say the shahada already but it is still so new to me that I prefer to wait. I can't even pray yet. Don't bother to give me links because I have already seen a few videos and viewed flash animations and read descriptions of it. You see, I have a problem with my short term memory and thus it is extremely hard for me to memorize stuff like that. I doesn't exactly makes it easier that it include long verses in arabic, a language I don't speak. And I really don't have a clue how to solve that problem either. Well, at least I know what awaits me when that day comes. But I rather cross that bridge when I have to. Hopefully I will still have a bit of that internet warrior spirit in me when the time comes.

palestine

Servant of Allah
Islamaphobia...you said. It is as if it surrounds me from every corner. but Alhamdulillah. recently, i was harassed at school, just before it ended. The assistant priniciples are included in the ones who've harassed me. anyways, it's being taken care of...however many people including my parents, believe that these kuffar will lower my grades on purpose during the school year. so we'll just have to see about that. but if fighting against injustice and islamaphobia means being failed or followed...then Alhamdulillah, with that we'll be happy. wasalamu alaykum and take care everyone. *smile*

palestine

Servant of Allah
My experience of islamophobia is quite different from yours because I used to be the one at the other end of the rope if you catch my drift. Although I have never physically abused anybody, I was what some in cyber space calls an internet warrior. Not that I have had any famous websites or infamous if you prefer to call it that, but for more than a couple of years I have been very active on various forums and blogs as a commentator, always with lots of spiteful, sarcastic and mean remarks. I'm sure I have hurt a few peoples feelings over the time. Then in the early summer I picked up a quran and decided to make up my own mind about it. Already after a few pages I was surprised, like so this is the stuff that makes up all those crackpots? Although I haven't gotten longer than to chapter six, it is long enough to conclude this is nothing that I thought it would be. The only reason I haven't gotten longer yet is because I became quite obsessive of surfing to islamic sites after this. I can't stop thinking of it. It's like a magnet. But I don't know any muslims IRL and it took a lot of courage just to register here, not to mention actually posting. Some has even suggested I should say the shahada already but it is still so new to me that I prefer to wait. I can't even pray yet. Don't bother to give me links because I have already seen a few videos and viewed flash animations and read descriptions of it. You see, I have a problem with my short term memory and thus it is extremely hard for me to memorize stuff like that. I doesn't exactly makes it easier that it include long verses in arabic, a language I don't speak. And I really don't have a clue how to solve that problem either. Well, at least I know what awaits me when that day comes. But I rather cross that bridge when I have to. Hopefully I will still have a bit of that internet warrior spirit in me when the time comes.

Congradulations on your bravery. glad you see that Muslims are not what they are portrayed as. Do not worry, Everyone of us had to learn how to read the Quran...we weren't born with it. just like we all learn english and other languages, we can also learn arabic. it's another language which just needs practice. There's no " I can't" but in Islam there is an "I can.." so do not worry, you will succeed and you will make it through no matter how hard it may be. hopefully you will take the shahadah. May Allah guide all of us. ameen. peace. and Welcome to YOUR islamic global brothers and sisters.:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:

This happened during an interview.

The guy interviewing after initial formality questions asked me, "You seem to be a devout Muslim (judging by your beard :)) ?"

He didnot wait for me to answer, he said he had a Muslim in their office "just like you". "He used to pray All his 5 Namaz (salahs) in the Office!"

(I was thinking that Brother must be really hard working to be in the Office 24 Hours a day! LOL). Obviously he was lying.

By then I had decided that I'm not going to work with such an Islamophobe.

I was in an awkward position, If I say something rough to him, he will become even worse with future Muslim job aspirants...So I tried to explain Islam in diplomatic way and came back.

We both knew before leaving that we don't want see each other again...
:wasalam:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
I don't know if these stories are considered Islamophobia but here they are

1) I was vising my cosines (pleural) in Michigan and they decided to take a boat trip. All of them were "salaphies" with long beard "except me". on the lake a group of gorgeous girls on a different boat passed by us, so they waived hiiiii and no one responded from our boat. I wanted to answer back but I didn't dare to. so again few minutes later the same boat crossed our path and girls shouted hiiii, again no response. One the third occasion, Yes you guessed it, out of no where they flashed us "completely toke their tops off".:lol: one of my cosines looks at me and says " would it have killed you to answer a simple hi!

More of IslamoFunia than phobia :biggrin:

Elise

I've only been a muslim for nearly two weeks now, and I do not yet wear hijab (am going to, but I'm taking it a step at the time and I want to prepare my mum first cuz I still live with her), so not many people know it yet. My fiance is muslim and I hadn't even told him I was going to revert, I only told him afterward.

But I told one of my best friends I'm doing Ramadan now, not yet about my Shahadah, and she immediately shouted "He's making you do it!! He's forcing you, I know it!!"
Exactly the reaction I was expecting because she's always been very prejudiced, but it was hurtfull anyway because she should know me better after ten years of friendship than that I would let myself be forced into anything. But then again, I've been with my fiance for 3,5 years now, and from the first moment she knew he was muslim, she started 'warning' me against him, because according to her, ALL muslim men force women into submission. Haven't been able to talk her out of her prejudice yet.... :(

BigAk

I've only been a muslim for nearly two weeks now, and I do not yet wear hijab (am going to, but I'm taking it a step at the time and I want to prepare my mum first cuz I still live with her), so not many people know it yet. My fiance is muslim and I hadn't even told him I was going to revert, I only told him afterward.

But I told one of my best friends I'm doing Ramadan now, not yet about my Shahadah, and she immediately shouted "He's making you do it!! He's forcing you, I know it!!"
Exactly the reaction I was expecting because she's always been very prejudiced, but it was hurtfull anyway because she should know me better after ten years of friendship than that I would let myself be forced into anything. But then again, I've been with my fiance for 3,5 years now, and from the first moment she knew he was muslim, she started 'warning' me against him, because according to her, ALL muslim men force women into submission. Haven't been able to talk her out of her prejudice yet.... :(

Congratulations my sister Elise for following the right path. Your fiance is a lucky man. May Allah keep you both happy and strengthen your hearts. Now when is the wedding day?? LOL

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Congratulations my sister Elise for following the right path. Your fiance is a lucky man. May Allah keep you both happy and strengthen your hearts. Now when is the wedding day?? LOL

:salam2:

yea sis :) when is it lol i really want to eat some wedding food been a while haha
(kidding)

:) congratulation on the revertion to islam and i wish u both a very happy life - ameen

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
well, i i have a cousin of mine who is muslim, but she wtill eblieves in shirk and bidah, and listens to music....
and when i say her its wrong, she says that we no one can be perfect.....
wierd

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
well, i i have a cousin of mine who is muslim, but she wtill eblieves in shirk and bidah, and listens to music....
and when i say her its wrong, she says that we no one can be perfect.....
wierd

Tell her parents to stop her from doing it, forcefully if needed- Shirk is the worst of sins indeed.

Julie1134

Yes

Salam, 2 guys yelled at me from a car one day. Another day I was at the doctors office and 2 men were sitting close by. They were saying bad things back and forth to eachother about Muslims. They said we should all go back to our country and if we live here we should just become Christian. They talked about 9/11 and many other rude things. What they didn't know is I was born here and I am a convert. I guess if you wear hijab you are from the middle east. :D

I also had many people do this :eek::eek::eek::eek::hijabi::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Julie1134

Ok, after al this I thought I let you know my expirience how kids are reacting. For example one day I dropped my daughtyer to nursery I noticed that all the other kids brought scarfes with them from home to play "Awin`s mummy" Awin is mt daughter and they told me they like my scarf so much but also asked if i dont have hair cause theiy mums told them so :lol: or I remember one day I went to the zoo with my kids and there was a girl I would say 8 or 9 years old and she looked at me and told her mummy "when I`m a big girl I want to look like that women I like her style" so that means she likes the scraf her mummy was shocked and only said omg why?:lol:

Mash'Allah