Your Future Husband/Wife

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-
:salam2:

I am probably going to anger some people with this, but here we go.

My wife can do whatever she wants. If she wants to work, she can work. If she wants to stay home, she can stay home. I don't care what she does, as long as she loves me.

WALIKUMSALAM WAREHMATALLAHI WABARAKATUHU...

Brother, no one is going to get angry.. Everyone has his/her own opinion... and we respect that.... In my opinion, husband has to lead his family.... Not necessarily control, but leading his wife and his children to religious path... and same for wife.... And, love is the most important part between husband and wife.. If that's there, then it's all good... At the end of the day.... it's your life and your wife....

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

First of all, I only pray to Allah to bring me a woman suitable for me with the proper balance of all the qualities and defects that would actually make her my better half. And as many would seek, which is also not a crime, someone beautiful. But then again external beauty is actually temporary, so it is ultimately not that important.

I will not get into a debate about whether it is better for a women to either stay home or work outside. But yes I prefer my wife to stay home, take care of my, my house, my children, give me abundant love and care when I return home tired. But yes I do prefer women to be teachers in schools (Islamic or girls only) or doctors. Because the Muslim society really does need women to play active role in these two places. I know being a doctor can be a very busy schedule, so I may prefer her to discontinue her practice when the kids are young and need much attention. But later she may continue in sha Allah.

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum,

Alhamdulilah, I am fortunate to be a housewife and stay at home with the children InshaAllah. I'm going to write books, so I don't need to work outside the house nor do I want to.:hijabi:

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
WALIKUMSALAM WAREHMATALLAHI WABARAKATUHU...

Brother, no one is going to get angry.. Everyone has his/her own opinion... and we respect that.... In my opinion, husband has to lead his family.... Not necessarily control, but leading his wife and his children to religious path... and same for wife.... And, love is the most important part between husband and wife.. If that's there, then it's all good... At the end of the day.... it's your life and your wife....

Recent events in my life have forced me to learn to become a leader. I'm still not completely ready, but I am learning, so that when the time comes, I can be ready.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

i work now, i dont see any succes in this, alhamdullilah i can sustain my self, but i really belive woman and man where made by Allah to sustain each other and we know from the teachings of islam, alhamdullilah, what are the responsabilitys of each of us.
These responsabilitys are different, a woman should be protected inside her home if she is blessed by mercy of Allah with a good housband. Is no bad in working, but if i can choose, i prefere take care of my housband and offer him all he needs for comfort and take care of little babys if they are.

I think is good also to help others if a woman can, to engage in something beneficial for the ones in need, but to work for succes, i dont see the blessings in this. It is just my point of view, as a girl that works for 5 years, since i was 20, from the middle of university years.

I never heard a man speeking or looking for advices in how to balance the career with the famelly life, the job with beeing a father and a housband while i often hear womans speeking about how to balance this things, some succed, some dont and Allah knows best.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

i just want a pious husband who fears Allah and obeys Him first before anyone

Me too - this is actually my only requirement. And he has to be on the true Islam, not all these other extra groups which are so common nowadays where women rights are completely crushed . I don't want a rich husband, or a huge house. And huge houses take too long to clean anyway.

Sadly, my parents say such a person does not exist and say I am being too difficult.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

No you are not dreaming sister. You are sticking to what you know is correct. Do you think I have stopped making dua for you?

We all want to be protected. Life just happened that I ended up being alone..brought out the lioness in me. I have had to go into the survival mode. That does not take away from wanting that which is right.

So I toil away putting food on the table and thanking Allah that after a long struggle at least I am in a halaal environment.

So don't ever give up that which is pleasing to Allah. That is the bottom line.

A-believer-25

Well I would want to marry someone who is righteous, nice, good character, caring and pretty. :)

I don't expect to get married though. I am really short man. I am 5'1 most women don't want to marry someone that short, not even the ones of my height. Even some of the posts in this thread proves my point. :p

May Allah grant you all righteous spouses, ameen! :)

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!

Well I would want to marry someone who is righteous, nice, good character, caring and pretty. :)

I don't expect to get married though. I am really short man. I am 5'1 most women don't want to marry someone that short, not even the ones of my height. Even some of the posts in this thread proves my point. :p

May Allah grant you all righteous spouses, ameen! :)

may Allah grant you the most pious, most pretty, righteous and nicest girl in the face of this earth who would help you fulfill your deen and help you enter Jannah in akhirah.

If we all keep it real in shaa Allah, there will be no problem. Everyone is shorter than the other and the world's tallest men are not able to enjoy their lives because of medical problems.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaykum,

Of course Deen should always come first---after that (this might seem rather silly to some), but I LOVE romantic guys, you know those who'd write love letters or poems to surprise you? The brother who'd make break fast early in the morning or watch the sun set with you? Or oh the brother who will wake you up for tahajud and make the most beautiful duas. The one who'd recite the Qur'an so beautifully as to to make you cry. I want a ma who is strong in his word, who'd make me smile just by looking at him and who'd love me through all my imperfections. This might be a dream, but I am certain there is someone like that for me, somewhere in this world and how we'll meet will remain mysterious to us till the moment comes. I believe in LOVE! <3 (the right kind of love...) :)

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Not surprised because at this age, this is always gonna be one of the top topics. :D

As for me, its simple. Just as the Hadith says, I look for a Pious girl. Seems that Allah has chosen one at the moment. So...

Now there is just one simple thing. That is...

Her to accept to be my Home Minister rather than trying to be my Deputy Foreign Minister.

:)

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

A-believer-25

may Allah grant you the most pious, most pretty, righteous and nicest girl in the face of this earth who would help you fulfill your deen and help you enter Jannah in akhirah.

If we all keep it real in shaa Allah, there will be no problem. Everyone is shorter than the other and the world's tallest men are not able to enjoy their lives because of medical problems.

Ameen, may Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) bless you in this world and the akhirah, ameen! :)

strive-may-i

Not surprised because at this age, this is always gonna be one of the top topics. :D

As for me, its simple. Just as the Hadith says, I look for a Pious girl. Seems that Allah has chosen one at the moment. So...

Her to accept to be my Home Minister rather than trying to be my Deputy Foreign Minister.

lol , the way you put it! And you agree to be the one supporting the home minister too :). Beware of politics then :D

If you ask me, its like the two wheels of a cart. The burden of running a family falls equally. The journey is fun, can become beautiful, and comes with risks and challenges, like in any other journey. Each wheel has to negotiate its side of the road. The wheels together have to constantly adjust and provide enough support to the other wheel, developing a tacit understanding, ensuring the cart does not topple, without losing sense of time, purpose or direction about destination.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!

wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Given the recent political happenings in your country, it is such a controversial statement to make. *smiles*

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.

@ brother Strive: :D

@ brother Ilyas: So you have done the research about it? :) Its not going in an easy direction yet brother. But inshaAllah Allah will give us the best. Anyway, controvercial? :D I did not write it keeping that in mind though. LOL

Ma'ah Salaamah!

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Asalamualaikum Brothers and Sisters...

Since Marriage is important to all, or maybe, some of us... Please share what qualities and characters you prefer in your future husband or wife... Maybe it would help all of us in choosing the right person... :)

MAY ALLAH BLESS US ALL...

Interesting.

What qualities I want in a women:
-A women that respects me, herself and others and the world
-Is deep and intellectual, has values, not afraid to show it
-Has culture, family and religious respect and ethics
-Is successful, has dreams of her own
-Personality wise someone who completes or compliments me
-Someone who is willing to do things I want to do and as well someone who does things I don't mind doing
-And of course someone who is equally beautiful in the eyes, face body, mind and spirit

Thats the gist of it, sorry I know im picky :lol: