Your opinion- sister yvonne ridley

s 091

:SMILY259:
Hi {assalum allaikum} I am writing this thread because I am interested on peoples views about sister yvonne ridley and what you think of the continous work she does to support and promote islam.
I will start with my opinion- I personally think that sister yvonne is an insperation especially to me who is someone that is deeply interested in converting to islam and should be doing so very soon. I have watched a couple of her dvds but am now interested in finding some of her books. If anyone knows of a good book tha she has written and you think may be of some help to myself would you please be kind enough to let me know. Thankyou. I will look forward to reading your replies... :)

palestine

Servant of Allah
salam. subhanallah! what are u waiting for? you are muslim at heart so declare your shahada. we do not know what the future holds, so don't wait to read books...become a muslim now, this moment, hour, day...not tomorrow or the next few years. then start reading the books and such. and i've heard the sister is great! so please say your faith of testimony before it's too late. please for your own good. salam. love you for the sake of allah.

Amir_of_spain

she has lectured at my university before, she was great, a inspiration for both muslim women and men, she speaks with confidence and imaan.

:salam2:

Sister Yvonne Ridley, I think is great been to a couple of talks by her - You are right she is a great inspiration in our community. If u like her talks have u read her book
"In the Hands of the Taliban: Her Extraordinary Story" .

Dear s 091, I have to agree with "palestine" if u know Islam is the truth i urge to accept it a.s.a.p as who knows what the future will hold. We do not know except Allah Tala - So this way at least u know u r a muslim.

I took my shahada based upon that advice, and its the best thing i ever did. Alhamduliah .
:wasalam:

Rawa

:SMILY259:
Hi {assalum allaikum} I am writing this thread because I am interested on peoples views about sister yvonne ridley and what you think of the continous work she does to support and promote islam.
I will start with my opinion- I personally think that sister yvonne is an insperation especially to me who is someone that is deeply interested in converting to islam and should be doing so very soon. I have watched a couple of her dvds but am now interested in finding some of her books. If anyone knows of a good book tha she has written and you think may be of some help to myself would you please be kind enough to let me know. Thankyou. I will look forward to reading your replies... :)

Wa alaikuma salam,

Seeking for knowledge is a great work only great persons can do... Seeking for truth is a great effort only great pesons can make... Finding truth and following it is a great change only great persons can make...Ask yourself, are you that great person? If you are not sure, I make sure that YOU ARE! If we want to make a great change all what is difficult is the frist step, otherwise, everything will be going smoothly in a way that you will eventually say, what a great change I have made! So easily! But I could not believe at the beginning... Wish you happiness!

Rawa, liverpool

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam

We are talking about learning knowledge, learning about Islam. So this is a serious matter.

Yvonne is Ok, but people must remember she is not a Scholar of Islam. Often, she speaks from politica and emotional view point.. Other times, it is clear she listens to very people from al Muhajiroon group which present things that are not correct. Therefore, she has made certain mistakes by praising extremist people, both from past and from the present. I do not think she really knows the complete picture of some of the Islamic things and people she decides to comment upon.

We must learn Islam from the classical books and from the senior scholars who have spent decades learning and teachings and who are known for their knowledge.. and from their senior students.

I would recommend you to read the Quran ! What greater inspiration then that. To get Riyadh Salheen (which is a hadith book), get Sahih Bukhai even... study Islam from these sources... read books and articles on Tawheed and Aqeedah and understand how to follow Islam properly. i.e. whats the correct methodology for learning Islam.

Wasalam.

Amir_of_spain

She never said she was a islamic teacher, scholar, an imaam or a mufti, so bro why are you breaking her down like that?
She contributes to the dawah activity and has done alot in the area of charitable work, isn't that enough for you to say alhumdoillah? But instead of saying pleasent things about a fellow daee, as typical some brothers would rather compare them against their own sheikh's and grand mufti's, or scholars from the 3rd or 2nd century, whilst also pointing out every single mistake and fault of that individual, why do that?

Seriously, theres no need for it, and if you do think shes done major wrong things, why dont you contact her, tell her personally yourself, instead of going doing it behind her back and distorting someone's image.

I'm sorry for this response, but i think its wrong to talk negatively about a fellow muslim, espeically without hearing from their side, and also, to indirectly say ignore her just because she isn't a scholar and because you dont agree with her views is not right.

Amir

s 091

thankyou

:SMILY259:thankyou for your replies it has been nice to read them. I agree with both of you I should not and do not take every word that saster Yvonne says as the full truth but I do believe that she is an insperation. I find that I can connect with how she tells of her experiences therefore making me more and more interested. I do read books but sometimes it can become tiring especially when you have children who want you to play with them instead of reading. Which is why I like to get some of the dvds which have been recorded when sister yvonne has been doing a talk. Regarding taking my shahada it has now been arranged, I shall be taking it on the same day of my nakar {sunday}. I am very excited.
:laughing-dancing:

modeesa_ali

SALAM O ALAIKUM

THIS IS MODEESA HERE FROM QUETTA JST WANTED TO SHARE MY OPINION WD U ALL BROTHERS N SISTERS DAT YAH YVANNE IS REALLY A GRT INSPIRATION FOR ALL OF US I PRAY DAT MAY WE HAVE MANY MORE BROTHERS,N SISTERS LIKE YVANNE WHO CHOOOSA THIS CORRECT PATH AS DA WAY OF THEIR LIVES.AMEEEN

AlQurtubi

Banned
congratulations s 091.. We welcome u in advance :)

Sister Yvonne has found the truth mainly because of Taliban's behavior. They treated her with courtesy and respect which made her explore islam deeper. She is on media war front which is extremely important these days and she have helped muslims like Dr. AAfia Siddique many many times in the past and I hope she would continue to do so.

May ALLAH bless all of us