Your way to Islam !!!!!share your story

Sakeena

My story

Asalam Alaykum brothers and sisters, :blackhijab:

I was raised in a Protestant-Christian family and never
agreed with the idea of the Trinity or being born into sin, or blaming Eve for women's pain or the son of God, etc.
to find a faith that was accepting and with rules and obligations and
love and mercy but most importantly-the truth. Islam was
most beautiful faith, way of life, and safe, and lovely religion I and anyone else could ask for walhamdulillah! :ma:
I converted @ 15 alhamdulillah when my best friend,
a Muslimah told me about Islam over the phone and I loved reading about Islam (I still do) and the people and the Oness of God.
I was attracted to Islam, the message of Islam, its
rich history, the Prophet (SAW), and our Lord Allah (SWT)
and how Islam is not just the true religion, but a complete
way of life, the best life to live is a Muslim life!
I said shahadah with my friend Hina as my witness and kept it a secret from my family.
Praise be to Allah, Lord of all the worlds! Amen! :hijabi:

Thank you, Allah (SWT) for everything! Amen! :hearts:

:tti_sister:

Wasalam,

Sakeena
:hijabi:

Asalam Alaykum brothers and sisters, :blackhijab:

I was raised in a Protestant-Christian family and never
agreed with the idea of the Trinity or being born into sin, or blaming Eve for women pain...

:salam2: sister

I never knew that:astag:

So everytime a protestant woman experiences pain eve is to be blamed?

why is that? [Sorry i need to read more eh]

Alhamdullillah Allah has guided you and jazaakillahu kheiran for sharing your story:)

:salam2:

I guess it's my turn now :)

I moved to London 5 years ago, from Italy, where I have been growing up in a Catholic family, (not really practicing though).
Once in London I have been working with muslims straight away but unfortunately none of them was giving me a good example. I mean, I didn't even realize they were muslims. I didn't really care about religion, for me God was there like a "superior thing" over everything.
Then I finally met a muslim who, without speaking and without trying to "brain wash" me, gave me the best example, through the acts and behaves. So, we can say that Allah gave the famous "click" in my brain through this person. Alhamdulillah!
What I was more curious about was the prayer....and the reason of "not eating certain kind of food". So I started with questions but at the same time this muslim helped me to find an italian sister who was already converted and that could help me to understand in my mother tongue. Alhamdulillah!
During that period I went to Italy to visit my family and there I took my decision. I searched in the bible and find out things that I didn't know about until that day and that nobody during those years in Italy ever talked to me about! So I thought: Islam is the truth!
Back to London I gave the shahadah and I gave it with the same person who was, (and is until today), the good muslim example near me.
The first thing I wished to do was to pray! Wallahi I remember that inside of me I had this big desire to prostrate and be 1 to 1 with Allah! Alhamdulillah!
So, brothers & sisters, don't be upset if you are shy or you don't feel confident in giving da'wah by words...act! The acts speak better than the words! SubhanAllah!

I hope I didn't write too much ;)

Mashallah barakalah feek for sharing your story with us.Truly was very simple..

True sister action speaks louder than words, the best dawah is being a good example to others.

:salam2

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

Alhamdullillah Allah has guided you and jazaakillahu kheiran for sharing your story:)

A lot of Christians believe in the concept of original sin where Eve was basically blamed for tempting Adam and she was never forgiven, therefore women are blamed for everything. Phew I hoped I summed that up good enough :) That is one concept I never believed in.

:wasalam:

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
Assalamu alaikoum. I think I posted it already, but this is a nice collection, so ill add mine :)

well, from when i was about 5 years old, i was really interested in religion, and God. I cant remember why because my family was not remotely religious. Never went to church or anything. Maybe it started from asking about christmas and easter. Anyway, i was just interested so i asked them about God, and they told me, He created everything, the world, everything in it, so i asked if i could go to church so I could learn, i went along all by myself, a six year old with my little bag. Church really confused me however, even at a young age of 6 or 7, because at church they worshipped and prayed to Jesus (pbuh) and not to God that much. I thought it was really strange, and even got angry I remember because it didnt make any sense! so, i kept praying to God, and even though i was young i was rejecting that Jesus could save me from my sins, as he was a man, a messenger who was the reason we celebrated christmas, but not our creator. I didnt go to church that often after that, but kept praying, every day, till i found Islam, and i prayed to God, to guide me, and to bless me. I tried to go to church, tried to accept jesus, like christians, because i was taught that it was right but it just didnt make sense. Then i met some muslim people when i was about 13 at school, and that introduced me to another religion, and when i was about 15 i found out about what Muslims believed and i realised that it was exactly what i belived but still, i took no interest, i wanted to be a christian,and find a church that felt right, but none did. Until i was 17, i tried to fool myself into being a christian because i thought it was right, the right thing, like i was told but it gave me no answers to my questions i kept trying to find answers in christianity, like, how in the world can Jesus help me get to heaven? how could i pray to Jesus, when he is a man, and cant hear me, but God can hear me?
no christian could answer these so i started researching other religions and again, Islam sprung up, and it was perfect answered everything it made sense so for about a year, i just left it, continued to read things about it and then i thought, what am i doing? christianity will never fulfil my questions, or my heart, so i took Shahada, immediately, as i read if you die, no matter how much you like Islam, it wouldnt matter, unless you testified that there was only one God, Allah, and Muhammad is his last messenger so i did then, straight away i felt better and for about 6 months now i have been really trying to follow islam better.

A lot of Christians believe in the concept of original sin where Eve was basically blamed for tempting Adam and she was never forgiven, therefore women are blamed for everything. Phew I hoped I summed that up good enough :) That is one concept I never believed in.

:astag: How ironic..So compare to this women Muslim women are treated with far less respect and care? Please educate me :/

Assalamu alaikoum. I think I posted it already, but this is a nice collection, so ill add mine :)

well, from when i was about 5 years old, i was really interested in religion, and God. I cant remember why because my family was not remotely religious. Never went to church or anything. Maybe it started from asking about christmas and easter. Anyway, i was just interested so i asked them about God, and they told me, He created everything, the world, everything in it, so i asked if i could go to church so I could learn, i went along all by myself, a six year old with my little bag. Church really confused me however, even at a young age of 6 or 7, because at church they worshipped and prayed to Jesus (pbuh) and not to God that much. I thought it was really strange, and even got angry I remember because it didnt make any sense! so, i kept praying to God, and even though i was young i was rejecting that Jesus could save me from my sins, as he was a man, a messenger who was the reason we celebrated christmas, but not our creator. I didnt go to church that often after that, but kept praying, every day, till i found Islam, and i prayed to God, to guide me, and to bless me. I tried to go to church, tried to accept jesus, like christians, because i was taught that it was right but it just didnt make sense. Then i met some muslim people when i was about 13 at school, and that introduced me to another religion, and when i was about 15 i found out about what Muslims believed and i realised that it was exactly what i belived but still, i took no interest, i wanted to be a christian,and find a church that felt right, but none did. Until i was 17, i tried to fool myself into being a christian because i thought it was right, the right thing, like i was told but it gave me no answers to my questions i kept trying to find answers in christianity, like, how in the world can Jesus help me get to heaven? how could i pray to Jesus, when he is a man, and cant hear me, but God can hear me?
no christian could answer these so i started researching other religions and again, Islam sprung up, and it was perfect answered everything it made sense so for about a year, i just left it, continued to read things about it and then i thought, what am i doing? christianity will never fulfil my questions, or my heart, so i took Shahada, immediately, as i read if you die, no matter how much you like Islam, it wouldnt matter, unless you testified that there was only one God, Allah, and Muhammad is his last messenger so i did then, straight away i felt better and for about 6 months now i have been really trying to follow islam better.

Allahu Akbar another beautiful story Mashallah!!!!!! I am looking forward to seeing more inshallah..

Jazaakillahu kheiran sis mellisa for sharing :)

Sakeena

Salam,

Because Christians believe that it was Eve who ate the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowlegde and so because of her disobeydience, women were cursed foreveor with pain of menstruation cycle, child birth, metapause, etc.
All my friends tell me that, but I don't have terrible pains or cramps. I don't blame anyone for a woman's bodily pain. :tti_sister: Praise Allah!
I never understood that though.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

well, from when i was about 5 years old, i was really interested in religion, and God. .

Assalamualaikum
Amazing
When i was 5 years old , i was probably....still playing with toys.

Shannonx

Well, i'll start out by saying that I never actually followed a religion before Islam. I believed in God, but I just never said I was a part of any religion. My dad's side of the family though is Catholic, my great Aunt is even a nun. Before 9/11 I knew nothing about Islam what so ever. After 9/11, obviously I did hear a lot about Islam. I had a lot of negative views of it because of the media, and because my dad had such a negative view on Islam as well it kind of grew on me so I just believed everything he said. Yet he knows nothing about it. I thought Islam was a terrorist religion, thought that Muslim women were oppressed. You know, everything the media says about it.

Last year in August and some of September in 2006, I was very depressed. I literally hit rock bottom. Out of no where, I just had this feeling like I needed to learn about Islam. I knew it was because I wanted to know if what the media was saying was true..but I knew that maybe it was Allah (swt)'s way of guiding me and saving me from whatever path I was heading down. In late August I decided to learn about Islam the only way I could, which was online. Started going to Islamic websites, watching videos. Thought okay....this isn't what I thought it was. So then I decided to read the Qur'an..the only way I could which was also online. I remember telling myself a whole lot of times before I started learning about Islam and reading the Qur'an was "I'm not going to convert. This is just for knowledge. I could never become a Muslim." After reading the first 30 chapters, I just knew I had too. I wasn't even finished reading the Qur'an and I knew I had to convert. Of course when I had that feeling I was terrified because of my family, and even my friends but more of my family. I put it off for a while. I didn't ignore everything about Islam that I learned, but I kept putting off that I wanted to convert. Then April 24th, 2007 I said my shahadah alone in my room.

I believe too (and I have no idea if this will make sense) that i've always been a Muslim, I just didn't know. I know we are all born Muslim, but just go down a different path that maybe our family led us too. But I realized that I actually always believed in one God, and I believed in Jesus but not as God or the son of God, I just knew he was someone important that should be respected. Also with all the things that Islam prohibits (drinking, partying, fornication, etc) I was always against.

It's been a very, very, very bumpy road so far. Still want to tell my family i'm a Muslim, but then i'm very scared too. I feel like I need a sister to hold my hand while I tell them, lol.

But yep that's my story. Nothing interesting. I actually posted a video on youtube about my reversion, but I took it down today.

Shannonx

Well, because of 9/11 I did have an interest in learning about Islam. But, it was mainly just everything the media said about it that got me interested. Also when I heard of all the people becoming Muslim worldwide, if Islam was what the media said it was, then why are so many people becoming Muslims each day. So that made me interested as well.

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!

Aww Shannox, I know how you feel. I really felt like that too. Still do. And people telling you to be patient doesnt help much :p But its true, just be a bit patient, and pray with as much concentration and feeling that you can. Just make Dua. and inshaAllah, it will maybe be easy for you one day. Or maybe it will still be hard for you to tell them, but you will have the strength to do so. InshaAllah :)

Sakeena

Christian people

well i've always felt like a muslim since a child but....i grew up as most african americans in the US as a baptist. Astaghfiruallah we were told about the trinity and jesus is lord. The preacher would use God and jesus interchangably. luckily that didnt confuse me because i remember being taught that GOD created jesus who was born from Mary.

Asalam Alaikum sister,

I am African American sister, however I was not raised in a church as most people were. My family is religious Protestant Christians and we started attending church when I was like 10 or 11 I think. Anyway, I was taught that about the Trinity and Jesus is Lord, but they didn't tell me that God created Jesus, they told me that Jesus is God which isn't true. I didn't understand it and my parents couldn't give me a proper anwer, she simply told me, "that's why we go to church; to get a better understanding on God's word." But no matter how many times we went, no matter who told me about it as many different times, I still didn't understand. I bet, if you put a Baptist minister, a Catholic priest, and an Evangelical preacher in the same room to discuss their beliefs on Chistianity, they will all have different opinions and views on the Bible and God. Whereas in Islam, put a man from Saudi Arabia, a hijabi teenage girl from America, and a Imam from UK and you will see how Islam hasn't changed-ever.

Salams,

Sakeena
:hijabi:

Angela Hillyer

Well, i'll start out by saying that I never actually followed a religion before Islam. I believed in God, but I just never said I was a part of any religion. My dad's side of the family though is Catholic, my great Aunt is even a nun. Before 9/11 I knew nothing about Islam what so ever. After 9/11, obviously I did hear a lot about Islam. I had a lot of negative views of it because of the media, and because my dad had such a negative view on Islam as well it kind of grew on me so I just believed everything he said. Yet he knows nothing about it. I thought Islam was a terrorist religion, thought that Muslim women were oppressed. You know, everything the media says about it.

Last year in August and some of September in 2006, I was very depressed. I literally hit rock bottom. Out of no where, I just had this feeling like I needed to learn about Islam. I knew it was because I wanted to know if what the media was saying was true..but I knew that maybe it was Allah (swt)'s way of guiding me and saving me from whatever path I was heading down. In late August I decided to learn about Islam the only way I could, which was online. Started going to Islamic websites, watching videos. Thought okay....this isn't what I thought it was. So then I decided to read the Qur'an..the only way I could which was also online. I remember telling myself a whole lot of times before I started learning about Islam and reading the Qur'an was "I'm not going to convert. This is just for knowledge. I could never become a Muslim." After reading the first 30 chapters, I just knew I had too. I wasn't even finished reading the Qur'an and I knew I had to convert. Of course when I had that feeling I was terrified because of my family, and even my friends but more of my family. I put it off for a while. I didn't ignore everything about Islam that I learned, but I kept putting off that I wanted to convert. Then April 24th, 2007 I said my shahadah alone in my room.

I believe too (and I have no idea if this will make sense) that i've always been a Muslim, I just didn't know. I know we are all born Muslim, but just go down a different path that maybe our family led us too. But I realized that I actually always believed in one God, and I believed in Jesus but not as God or the son of God, I just knew he was someone important that should be respected. Also with all the things that Islam prohibits (drinking, partying, fornication, etc) I was always against.

It's been a very, very, very bumpy road so far. Still want to tell my family i'm a Muslim, but then i'm very scared too. I feel like I need a sister to hold my hand while I tell them, lol.

But yep that's my story. Nothing interesting. I actually posted a video on youtube about my reversion, but I took it down today.

Masha-allah sister i loved your story, very, very inspiring!!
If i lived near you i would come with you to tell your parents. I am also to scared to tell my dad, the rest of my family knows except for dad.

May Allah (swt) give us strength and courage. We have to learn to only fear Allah, and once we have that fear of Allah, telling out parents will not be scary.

Wasalam

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
Masha-allah sister i loved your story, very, very inspiring!!
If i lived near you i would come with you to tell your parents. I am also to scared to tell my dad, the rest of my family knows except for dad.

May Allah (swt) give us strength and courage. We have to learn to only fear Allah, and once we have that fear of Allah, telling out parents will not be scary.

Wasalam

Assalamu alaikoum, can you put your story on here too?

Salam Alaikom brothers and sisters

I became a muslim at the beginning of this year shortly after a got this job at a fruit shop, the owners were muslims and I would always hear them talking about islam and at that time i had no idea what islam was.

I became curious and started asking questions and soon found that Islam was beautiful and peaceful yet strong religion. I could see how passionate they were about Islam and i started reading books and just asking more and more questons. I told them that i wanted to embrace Islam but that i just want more time to read about it and they said that they dont want to pressure me but try not to take to much time because you never no what could happen to you between now and then.

And that is true, what if i had been in an accident and died and never got to become a muslim!!!! So the next day I went to the mosque and converted to Islam Alhamadulilah!

By the way sister Aisha1114 i think this thread is great!!! I love reading peoples stories about how they came to islam, it is very inspiring

Salam

She already did sis mellisa :):):)

happy 2 b muslim

assalamu alaykum :hijabi:

my story is like this even tho all my family are muslims alhumduillah my parent have always been strong in islam, My father also use to sit us all into a room and learn us about allah and the prophet and islam my mum use to learn us quran. As children my father learnt us how to pray and stuff we all prayed together expect when he was in the masjid he always told us to pray we would alway do it i loved it when i was a kid, THEN!!! i guess it was turning point i use to learn to music a little bit when i was 12 -13 i use to be into the spice girl n that rubbish me n my mate like thats me. Its started to get bad after my dad past away may allah grant him jannah al fardows, I really dont know it started that year i listen to all kinds i wasnt that bad i knew my limits But i didnt pray i saw reading quran as a job. I guess it was because i didnt react to my fathers death i didnt know how to if you know what am saying i was sooooo close with my dad i told him every thing he told me thing about islam like nothing matters more that islam i loved him then after that i saw my mother less she had to take on the bussiness and that so we where left to are self then the JOKER came into my life BIG TIME this joker made me confused may allah curse the satan. i got depressed over stupid thing i had a quick temper i fliped on everything and one. I felt so empty i dont know how to explain it i felt like i had no heart i couldnt feel a thing.:girl3: i use to listen to music like 5 hours a day asfuiallah may allah forgive me for that, i really dont know what happened but

everything JUST STOPED i cant explain how i found islam because it happened really fast i was on the computer re educate my self about islam i was soooooo intersted i would eat breathe YOUTUBE believe it or not i was on that a lot reason being i saw my little brother on youtube watch you know football then i said to my self i think they have thing about islam on it then i found lots of shaykhs that helped me. I use to listern to khalid yasin and yusuf estes and that they re educated me the next day i was praying and stop music like that a year and a couple of months i havent missed a prayer and listern to music i have managed to keep it constanly in my life.i really thank allah as i am still learning about my faith and i pray for his forgiveness for us all ameen ...........:tti_sister: alhumdulliah i know now what being a muslim is about then not knowing just being born into it al about i know i can say i found a deeper understanding in islam then i have ever known........assalam alaykum HOPE YOUR NO FALLING A SLEEP BUT THAT HOW I Found my way by the will of allah:muslim_child: