IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
How did you become a Muslim?

parlakyildizlar.gif

Share your story

I was thinking to start this thread,so everyone of us could share the story
There are so many converts on this site .I thought it would be interesting ...
I will share mine too :)

waaleikum salam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Ok I guess I have to start first:shymuslima1:

I converted to Islam 2 and a half years ago ,Hamdulillah
I was born and lived in Russia with muslims side by side ,but never knew what Islam was .

Then after coming to United States I met many Muslims ,but unfortunatelly not practising ,so I couldnt learn much from them ....but I fasted Ramadan with them and picked some arabic also .
I had the translation of Quran that I never had time to read ,one thing I was convienced thou that Islam is a true religion ,I just didnt know from where to start .So I kept on living without thinking much about it...

2 years after going thru many difficulties in my life ,I started to search ,mostly it was interent ,then books ....

Then I had to travel to a different state and stayed to live for a while with my family ,who are orthodox christians.They were pushing on me their believes .But then I realized that I dont believe in Christianity anymore and that Islam makes so much sense to me...
I continued searching and reading ...
After few months it was no doubt that I want to accept Islam with all my heart. And I did ....
It was a new light ,a new beginning ,a relief from all my sorrows ...The light that guiding me until today ,that is happiness in my life ...The Gift that Allah SWT has given me ,to be A MUSLIM :)

I just made it short :p

Ok waiting for your story

waaleikum salam

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
My way to the Real Islam has been a wonderful, bittersweet experience but i wouldnt have it any other way :)

I was born in a really relaxed muslim family where Islam wasnt and isnt the main topic being discussed or practised :(, yes we were told to pray but no one prayed or we pretented, when it came to tawhiid i was really 'weak' God is Allah, Muhammed is a prophet, Islam a religion... you have to fast during Ramadan, have to do this and that.. but i was never told the reasons why...

I managed *alhamdoulilah* to find my way through, learnt how to pray again, how to make wudhu, i realised that i didn't know anything, start from stratch, i'd never really went to a masjiid before...

Family's reaction was a mixed one... my choice of clothing is up to today a big issue :(, i sometimes feel the odd one out.. but i've never been happier.. TTI has been, you can't imagine how much it has helpt me in so many ways... nearly 1 year i'm here.. and May God bless you all guys, you've been a real help for me :), made amazing friends...

That was my lil story sumarised in a few lines... it's been a struggle, alhamdoulilah

Jannah03

well i've always felt like a muslim since a child but....i grew up as most african americans in the US as a baptist. Astaghfiruallah we were told about the trinity and jesus is lord. The preacher would use God and jesus interchangably. luckily that didnt confuse me because i remember being taught that GOD created jesus who was born from Mary. Anywho, at the age of 8 christianity didnt 'do' anything for me and i needed something more. Yes i really was 8 at the time. Mashallah. well my dad went to Georgia and came back to Kentucky and asked if i wanted to be a muslim and i said yes. I didnt even know what it was. I just said yes. and since then ive been muslim and i think i was 9 at that time. ever since ive participated in ramadan, Salat was scarce but i did it every now and then. Salat didnt come to me til i was in my teenage years. I started wearing hijab at 14 but honestly wanted to start at 13, loved going to the masjid and have life long friends from there. now that im 22 i now wear niqab. I wasnt always the best of muslims but i know that this deen is for me. We all have our moments when our iman is low due to whatever reasons or trials, but we must all prevail! love you for the sake of allah, Asalaamu alakum warahmatullah

Angela Hillyer

Salam Alaikom brothers and sisters

I became a muslim at the beginning of this year shortly after a got this job at a fruit shop, the owners were muslims and I would always hear them talking about islam and at that time i had no idea what islam was.

I became curious and started asking questions and soon found that Islam was beautiful and peaceful yet strong religion. I could see how passionate they were about Islam and i started reading books and just asking more and more questons. I told them that i wanted to embrace Islam but that i just want more time to read about it and they said that they dont want to pressure me but try not to take to much time because you never no what could happen to you between now and then.

And that is true, what if i had been in an accident and died and never got to become a muslim!!!! So the next day I went to the mosque and converted to Islam Alhamadulilah!

By the way sister Aisha1114 i think this thread is great!!! I love reading peoples stories about how they came to islam, it is very inspiring

Salam

wa aleikum salam

I second you sis Angella!! i'm touched and fascinated when i read the stories of our revert brothers and sisters ...It was really inspiring and beautiful reading your stories sisters...

Looking forward to more inshallah *excited*

:salam2:

lmaestro

Nice thread.Maybe the mods can dedicate a section for this.Other forums have them stickied.Just a suggestion.

Wassalam

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

I have been asked this question a lot lately :D

Okay so in February of 2006 a few weeks before my 21st birthday I was sitting in my arabic class. Well I noticed that we had a Muslim sister in the class. I am a curious person and I cannot resist a good conversation. I went up to her and we started talking over the next few days about Islam and what I knew etc. The class I took was actually what probably popped all the stereotypes of Islam. How can you teach an arabic class without mentioning Islam

Well 2 weeks after meeting her and learning what I could I took my shahada in front of the imam and bunch of the community ..sooo nervous lol.

Anywho Why did I revert? Like a lot of people I meet there is some loss they feel in their heart..like something is missing. I had a few bad years. I hung out with the wrong crowd and I had a realization that would these people further my life in a positive way....

My story is still not written in stone because sometimes it is hard to describe it. It is difficult to describe what happens in the inside when someone reverts. My easiest solution is to just look at the person's face and you will find that noor :D It just happened so quickly. I am sooo happy now alhamdullilah and it has been a privledge that Allah (swt) guided me to the straight path.

I am addicted to learning more and more about Islam. I basically do not shut up about it lol. I drive some friends nuts haha.

Growing up though I had Muslims all around me. My 3 friends growing up are Muslim but I didn't know the term "Muslim" well into college and after 9.11, but 9.11 did not spark my interest. I had always battled with the concept of religion and God in my past.

I remember an event in my life at church. I had to take these communion/confirmation classes at my church. Every time I would sit with my pastor I would ask him about the trinity and he could never explain it. I think that was the time in my life I abandoned Christianity. I also had to go in front of my congregation and tell them why I accepted Jesus (pbuh) as my savior...I did not accept that in my heart. I only went through this whole ordeal because it was my great aunt's dying wish ...to see me confirmed in that church.

Islam I guess was always in my life but I never knew the term you know? There are certain things I just did not do growing up. I always believed in modesty...never cared to hang out with lots of guys...my dad is super duper protective haha. I had curfew and to this day I cannot drive at night haha.My parents allowed me to make my own choices on my view of God growing up. I had the choice to choose whatever path I wanted. Now though those words are haunting them lol. I guess any path besides Islam

The only problem I had with Islam was the command of covering our head. The beginning was so difficult for me. I felt like what the heck did I jump into because I thought that Islam was just about the Qur'an...I didnt know about the hadeeth lol.

Alhamdullilah I am managing now and now I wear my hijab proud.I truly understand the concept of the head covering now. I love that I can feel protected and earn much respect from people once they understand it the way I do .Some may call that extreme but I find it to be the best route for me. Whoooo there is a somewhat "brief" explanation. I could of added more and more but why :D

:wasalam:

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

My story is really long " on August 3 " I was born I heard Azan in one ear and Iqama in other ear later after 2 Years I started to see my parents and other praying and listen to Quran and going to mosque with my dad and my grand fater, by 7 I was beaten to pray :D ;) jk, by 10 I was praying hamdulillah, that how I found out that I am a Muslim.

wa salaam alikom

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
salaam alikom

My story is really long " on August 3 " I was born and after 2 Years I started to know I am muslim then by 7 I was beaten to pray :D ;) jk, by 10 I was praying so hamdulillah so that how I found out I am muslim.

wa salaam alikom

That was one of the most beautiful stories ever lol. Short and brief with a twist of mystery. When is the next installment due out? lol

bigman

keep uu good work

salam aleikum
Ok I guess I have to start first:shymuslima1:

I converted to Islam 2 and a half years ago ,Hamdulillah
I was born and lived in Russia with muslims side by side ,but never knew what Islam was .

Then after coming to United States I met many Muslims ,but unfortunatelly not practising ,so I couldnt learn much from them ....but I fasted Ramadan with them and picked some arabic also .
I had the translation of Quran that I never had time to read ,one thing I was convienced thou that Islam is a true religion ,I just didnt know from where to start .So I kept on living without thinking much about it...

2 years after going thru many difficulties in my life ,I started to search ,mostly it was interent ,then books ....

Then I had to travel to a different state and stayed to live for a while with my family ,who are orthodox christians.They were pushing on me their believes .But then I realized that I dont believe in Christianity anymore and that Islam makes so much sense to me...
I continued searching and reading ...
After few months it was no doubt that I want to accept Islam with all my heart. And I did ....
It was a new light ,a new beginning ,a relief from all my sorrows ...The light that guiding me until today ,that is happiness in my life ...The Gift that Allah SWT has given me ,to be A MUSLIM :)

I just made it short :p

Ok waiting for your story

waaleikum salam

axadulilah this beutiful to see alaahu akbar

I have been asked this question a lot lately :D

Okay so in February of 2006 a few weeks before my 21st birthday I was sitting in my arabic class. Well I noticed that we had a Muslim sister in the class. I am a curious person and I cannot resist a good conversation. I went up to her and we started talking over the next few days about Islam and what I knew etc. The class I took was actually what probably popped all the stereotypes of Islam. How can you teach an arabic class without mentioning Islam

Well 2 weeks after meeting her and learning what I could I took my shahada in front of the imam and bunch of the community ..sooo nervous lol.

Anywho Why did I revert? Like a lot of people I meet there is some loss they feel in their heart..like something is missing. I had a few bad years. I hung out with the wrong crowd and I had a realization that would these people further my life in a positive way....

My story is still not written in stone because sometimes it is hard to describe it. It is difficult to describe what happens in the inside when someone reverts. My easiest solution is to just look at the person's face and you will find that noor :D It just happened so quickly. I am sooo happy now alhamdullilah and it has been a privledge that Allah (swt) guided me to the straight path.

I am addicted to learning more and more about Islam. I basically do not shut up about it lol. I drive some friends nuts haha.

Growing up though I had Muslims all around me. My 3 friends growing up are Muslim but I didn't know the term "Muslim" well into college and after 9.11, but 9.11 did not spark my interest. I had always battled with the concept of religion and God in my past.

I remember an event in my life at church. I had to take these communion/confirmation classes at my church. Every time I would sit with my pastor I would ask him about the trinity and he could never explain it. I think that was the time in my life I abandoned Christianity. I also had to go in front of my congregation and tell them why I accepted Jesus (pbuh) as my savior...I did not accept that in my heart. I only went through this whole ordeal because it was my great aunt's dying wish ...to see me confirmed in that church.

Islam I guess was always in my life but I never knew the term you know? There are certain things I just did not do growing up. I always believed in modesty...never cared to hang out with lots of guys...my dad is super duper protective haha. I had curfew and to this day I cannot drive at night haha.My parents allowed me to make my own choices on my view of God growing up. I had the choice to choose whatever path I wanted. Now though those words are haunting them lol. I guess any path besides Islam

The only problem I had with Islam was the command of covering our head. The beginning was so difficult for me. I felt like what the heck did I jump into because I thought that Islam was just about the Qur'an...I didnt know about the hadeeth lol.

Alhamdullilah I am managing now and now I wear my hijab proud.I truly understand the concept of the head covering now. I love that I can feel protected and earn much respect from people once they understand it the way I do .Some may call that extreme but I find it to be the best route for me. Whoooo there is a somewhat "brief" explanation. I could of added more and more but why :D

:ma: :ma: i somehow thought you told me how you reverted to Islam but was confussing your story with another sisters story *shrugs*..if that makes any sense hehe

But mashallah another GREAT revert story!

:salam2: :hearts:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
salaam alikom

My story is really long " on August 3 " I was born and after 2 Years I started to know I am muslim then by 7 I was beaten to pray :D ;) jk, by 10 I was praying hamdulillah , that how I found out that I am a Muslim.

wa salaam alikom

Bro , you are a joker....:)

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

I guess it's my turn now :)

I moved to London 5 years ago, from Italy, where I have been growing up in a Catholic family, (not really practicing though).
Once in London I have been working with muslims straight away but unfortunately none of them was giving me a good example. I mean, I didn't even realize they were muslims. I didn't really care about religion, for me God was there like a "superior thing" over everything.
Then I finally met a muslim who, without speaking and without trying to "brain wash" me, gave me the best example, through the acts and behaves. So, we can say that Allah gave the famous "click" in my brain through this person. Alhamdulillah!
What I was more curious about was the prayer....and the reason of "not eating certain kind of food". So I started with questions but at the same time this muslim helped me to find an italian sister who was already converted and that could help me to understand in my mother tongue. Alhamdulillah!
During that period I went to Italy to visit my family and there I took my decision. I searched in the bible and find out things that I didn't know about until that day and that nobody during those years in Italy ever talked to me about! So I thought: Islam is the truth!
Back to London I gave the shahadah and I gave it with the same person who was, (and is until today), the good muslim example near me.
The first thing I wished to do was to pray! Wallahi I remember that inside of me I had this big desire to prostrate and be 1 to 1 with Allah! Alhamdulillah!
So, brothers & sisters, don't be upset if you are shy or you don't feel confident in giving da'wah by words...act! The acts speak better than the words! SubhanAllah!

I hope I didn't write too much ;)

Habasha Sister

Masha Allah

wow Masha Allah great stories of bros and sisters, hey bro Mrmuslim ur story is really great too:) i really enjoyed it, Alhamdulilah Allah guide us all to Islam.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

So, brothers & sisters, don't be upset if you are shy or you don't feel confident in giving da'wah by words...act! The acts speak better than the words! SubhanAllah!

Yes sister, sometimes i dont know whether the nonbelievers are interested or not. You know the look in their face.

When i told my buddhist friend that in islam killing an innocent people is wrong. His reply was well that goes for all religion . Then i say in islam if you were to kill an innocent human being it is like you kill the whole community and vice versa , he was a bit shocked( pretty obvious from his face). :)

but my muslim friends are the best. We were like studying outside . Then after a while we took a break and talk about islam . Before we realise it we spent a lot of time talking and sharing knowledge, Because islam knowledge can get very interesting till no knowledge is able to hold a candle to it even my favourite subject

Peace2u

Turn To Islam

I guess it's my turn now :)

I moved to London 5 years ago, from Italy, where I have been growing up in a Catholic family, (not really practicing though).
Once in London I have been working with muslims straight away but unfortunately none of them was giving me a good example. I mean, I didn't even realize they were muslims. I didn't really care about religion, for me God was there like a "superior thing" over everything.
Then I finally met a muslim who, without speaking and without trying to "brain wash" me, gave me the best example, through the acts and behaves. So, we can say that Allah gave the famous "click" in my brain through this person. Alhamdulillah!
What I was more curious about was the prayer....and the reason of "not eating certain kind of food". So I started with questions but at the same time this muslim helped me to find an italian sister who was already converted and that could help me to understand in my mother tongue. Alhamdulillah!
During that period I went to Italy to visit my family and there I took my decision. I searched in the bible and find out things that I didn't know about until that day and that nobody during those years in Italy ever talked to me about! So I thought: Islam is the truth!
Back to London I gave the shahadah and I gave it with the same person who was, (and is until today), the good muslim example near me.
The first thing I wished to do was to pray! Wallahi I remember that inside of me I had this big desire to prostrate and be 1 to 1 with Allah! Alhamdulillah!

Salam alai kum,

All praise is due to Allah. I love reading all your stories as in a way they do help people like me become stronger in Imman.

Please brothers and sisters keep them coming Inshallah.

Salam

maryam2k7

maryam
salaam

i was born a muslim mashallah but i would rather be a convert as most of the converts i have met try sooo much harder to be good muslims than people hu are born into islam!!!!!