Your way to Islam !!!!!share your story

Jasmiah

Bismillah,

Asalamu laykum brothers and sisters.

I first became interested in Islam on september 11th the day the twin towers came down.
I have never had any interest in religion although somewhere in my heart i beleived in God.
After the twin towers came down i was hearing so much talk about Islam extremists, terrorist etc that i had to look into it.
After i had spent sometime reading i couldnt believe that the people were talking about the same religion?? Islam was so peaceful not at all how it was being potrayed.
From then on i have never looked back, i took my Shahada shortly after and i am 100% muslimah and proud of it!! Alhamdulilah!
:tti_sister:

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalamu alaykum. this question doesn't really necessarily apply to me since i've been muslim all my life but i thought i just might still give an answer. i've been muslim ever since i was born. born from a muslim family and lived in a muslim community. even as born muslims we face hardships like our revert brothers and sisters. we get those nasty rude remarks, and those stares and we mocked day after day. but i got admit our new muslims have been through alot more than some of us born muslims. When i was younger i was taught to believe in Allah and all that but i never really cared about or even looked at why i should or shuldn't believe in Allah. my suggestion to all of you is that if you have children now or in the future make sure to teach them from the start why they are what they are.not just believing it. because otherwise they'll doubt their faith.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
asalamu alaykum. this question doesn't really necessarily apply to me since i've been muslim all my life but i thought i just might still give an answer. i've been muslim ever since i was born. born from a muslim family and lived in a muslim community. even as born muslims we face hardships like our revert brothers and sisters. we get those nasty rude remarks, and those stares and we mocked day after day. but i got admit our new muslims have been through alot more than some of us born muslims. When i was younger i was taught to believe in Allah and all that but i never really cared about or even looked at why i should or shuldn't believe in Allah. my suggestion to all of you is that if you have children now or in the future make sure to teach them from the start why they are what they are.not just believing it. because otherwise they'll doubt their faith.

Mashallah, some very good advice there sister.

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
Very true

salaam

i was born a muslim mashallah but i would rather be a convert as most of the converts i have met try sooo much harder to be good muslims than people hu are born into islam!!!!!

:salam2:
Sister Maryam you are right.
i am also a born muslim but i have been raised far from my religion:astag:
i just hope i learn more about it now that all grown up which you know is very difficult because things are hard to change coz your all grown up and used to doing things.
I am not saying we were doing unislamic stuff, just that we were not practising it well.

May Allah strengthen our Emaan :tti_sister:

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Thank you very much for sharing this story .. another testimony for how "fair" the media is to Islam ... when will people start to think and read for themselves ?

May Allah bless you sister.

Ahd_786

Assalam-o-alikum. It is really great to learn about how our brothers and sisiters revert to Islam. It ,infact, refreshes my Imaan. One thing I have always noticed is that everybody who reverts to Islam was infact muslim in his or her ways in life.

It is Allah (Subhanallah) who drives people to Islam. We should thank Allah for his mercy and Kindness on all of us.Ameen.

Well Come to Islam, May Allah give all of you Ajar-e-Azeem.Ameen

devotedsoul

Reverts

I born as a muslim in a muslim country but living in Australia. I know some of the heart touching story about the people who accepted Islam. If you like to know pls let me know.

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
I bet u your stories are a lot more intesting then mine! lol

well i was born.. and i was a Muslim! lol
yea ok i was born into a Muslim family but i was never really religious until the 2nd war on Iraq started...
i was born in the first invasion of Iraq but i never really thought much of it... but now.. its a lot more real to me...
i realized there has to be more to life...
i kinda went through a stage where i fully hated life and stuff... but then i got burnt... burnt my entire body (3rd degree burns, which is practically killing yourself, that why im known as a burns "survivor" not "victim)... anyways i was in hospital for ages and had a lot of surgery, had to learn to walk again, got fed out of a tube and all that stuff! and that really made me realize that well I DONT WANT TO DIE! not yet anyways...
so i started really getting into the Quraan and also going to church and studying the bible trying to figure out what i can do to help even though im only little...
when i went to church i had so many questions that even the leaders and really religious people couldnt answer.. but it was all answered in the Quraan... so i realized i have always been in the right religion, and that i only need to preach it properly.
and it really helped me!

so now im only 14 years old... a born Muslim.. and trying to do what i can for the world! :)

God Bless!

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
Bismillah,

Asalamu laykum brothers and sisters.

I first became interested in Islam on september 11th the day the twin towers came down.
I have never had any interest in religion although somewhere in my heart i beleived in God.
After the twin towers came down i was hearing so much talk about Islam extremists, terrorist etc that i had to look into it.
After i had spent sometime reading i couldnt believe that the people were talking about the same religion?? Islam was so peaceful not at all how it was being potrayed.
From then on i have never looked back, i took my Shahada shortly after and i am 100% muslimah and proud of it!! Alhamdulilah!
:tti_sister:

thats really great! u see the U.S government was trying to use that against us but it actually helped us!
9/11... 911! emergency number! the only way americans would actually remember what happened! hey most dont even know they fought in Vietnam! but it helped them remember and study more about Islam... there are now over 20,000 converts to Islam in America.

SweetAmirah

I already have a thread for this but since you asked, here it is!!

By request here is my story...

First I would like to say that, I was prejudice against Muslims. Not in its extreme, but I kept my distance...
It was a long time coming... bit by bit...
You know how a lot of people wonder if a revert did it for a man?
Well I didn't
BUT It was the heart and kindness of a Muslim man that I started yearning for more about this beautiful Islam.
That was about a year ago. Since then once in a while I would read a little something here, ask a little question there....
it wasn't until a few months ago, when I was so curious about the hijab (why are women wearing them, are they oppressed, because of the way media and propaganda portray Islam, I was very prejudice until I opened my eyes) and I learned how beautiful the hijab was. It touched my heart, and so I started looking into women's rights in Islam. What I learned was even more beautiful. It's unfortunate that you don't always see people treating women as they should. Anyway, I met a man from my work, who was muslim, and we spoke about it for a few hours. He said he would give my phone number to his wife and that she would call me. I didn't hear from her right away, but I went to a mosque anyways. To ask more questions. I knew the basics about Islam at that time, and spoke with the Imam for about 2 hours. At the end, I feel like he sort of pressured me into taking shahada. I kept saying I don't think I am ready, but he made me do it.
I wasn't too displeased. I felt really good after taking it. BUT ... and there is a big BUT, This man and his wife, and this mosque and Imam were of a different sect. The whole time other Muslims were telling me what I was doing was wrong. I told them "Listen, Allah led me to Islam, He has guided me this far, I don't know if this is right or wrong, but ALLAH will guide me to the truth, because I seek it with an open heart. So after a couple of weeks I learned more about what this "sect" was teaching me, a sect that doesn't take all of the sunnah, a sect that curses some of the prophets wives, among other things. So you could imagine I was quite confused! Why would anyone curse the wife of the Prophet(PBUH) especially when we were told that they are the best women to follow by example?! So I went to another mosque, and told them what has been going on, and they gave me information, (the truth) about following sects, and that there should be no division in Islam. NOW I was really ready to take my Shahada!!! So I took it again, in front of witnesses, and I was still a little confused because of all this new knowledge I was gaining, but I knew in my heart it was right. SubhanAllah!!
Since then it has been a great journey of gaining knowledge, and getting close with ALLAH SWT. Alhamdulilah.

Since then it has been a bumpy road, in telling my prejudicial family, and on the other side the very religious christian family, but you know something?
Allah has guided me every step of the way, and there were only a few times my heart felt heavy, and Allah swt took even that away.
There is always more to a story than I could type in one sitting, but this is the gist of it. May Allah bless you in this life and the hereafter. Aameen.

sabrina maouche

asalaamwalikum

salaam im26yrs old convert to islam mashallah i converted to islam 10rs ago so heres my story"" to start ive an antie who converted many years ago mashallah and also my grandparents..my eyes opened to islam when i was about 9yrs old i had always had islam around me growing up because of my grandparents and antie..i used to visit them alot and when i used to vist my antie i used to go to the mosque and quaran class with her children..i loved it i always felt warm and speical..it was one day a sister was taking her shahada i felt all this surge of amotion come over me i was crying with amence joy for this sister who converted then i had said to my antie i want to do my shahada everyone laughted and said how cute bearing in mind i was 9yrs old..so i did it it was amazing everyone was kissing me and hugging me..then my antie said when i grow up if i still feel the same that we could do it again ..and to everyones belif my feeling to islam only got stronger so at 16yrs old i finaly took my shahada as a women it so amazing..i felt as if i totaly belonged ,,at the age of 17yrs old i put on my hijab i was so proud ..i wore my hijab with pride..now at 26 im still very proud of myself inshallah ..

sabrina maouche

asalaamwalikum

First I would like to say that, I was prejudice against Muslims. Not in its extreme, but I kept my distance...
Well I didn't
BUT It was the heart and kindness of a Muslim man that I started yearning for more about this beautiful Islam.
That was about a year ago. Since then once in a while I would read a little something here, ask a little question there....
it wasn't until a few months ago, when I was so curious about the hijab (why are women wearing them, are they oppressed, because of the way media and propaganda portray Islam, I was very prejudice until I opened my eyes) and I learned how beautiful the hijab was. It touched my heart, and so I started looking into women's rights in Islam. What I learned was even more beautiful. It's unfortunate that you don't always see people treating women as they should. Anyway, I met a man from my work, who was muslim, and we spoke about it for a few hours. He said he would give my phone number to his wife and that she would call me. I didn't hear from her right away, but I went to a mosque anyways. To ask more questions. I knew the basics about Islam at that time, and spoke with the Imam for about 2 hours. At the end, I feel like he sort of pressured me into taking shahada. I kept saying I don't think I am ready, but he made me do it.
I wasn't too displeased. I felt really good after taking it. BUT ... and there is a big BUT, This man and his wife, and this mosque and Imam were of a different sect. The whole time other Muslims were telling me what I was doing was wrong. I told them "Listen, Allah led me to Islam, He has guided me this far, I don't know if this is right or wrong, but ALLAH will guide me to the truth, because I seek it with an open heart. So after a couple of weeks I learned more about what this "sect" was teaching me, a sect that doesn't take all of the sunnah, a sect that curses some of the prophets wives, among other things. So you could imagine I was quite confused! Why would anyone curse the wife of the Prophet(PBUH) especially when we were told that they are the best women to follow by example?! So I went to another mosque, and told them what has been going on, and they gave me information, (the truth) about following sects, and that there should be no division in Islam. NOW I was really ready to take my Shahada!!! So I took it again, in front of witnesses, and I was still a little confused because of all this new knowledge I was gaining, but I knew in my heart it was right. SubhanAllah!!
Since then it has been a great journey of gaining knowledge, and getting close with ALLAH SWT. Alhamdulilah.

Since then it has been a bumpy road, in telling my prejudicial family, and on the other side the very religious christian family, but you know something?
Allah has guided me every step of the way, and there were only a few times my heart felt heavy, and Allah swt took even that away.
There is always more to a story than I could type in one sitting, but this is the gist of it. May Allah bless you in this life and the hereafter. Aameen.

salaam your story was a lovely story i enjoed reading it..its amazing how diffrent people come across islam swt xx

sabrina maouche

salaam im26yrs old convert to islam mashallah i converted to islam 10rs ago so heres my story"" to start ive an antie who converted many years ago mashallah and also my grandparents..my eyes opened to islam when i was about 9yrs old i had always had islam around me growing up because of my grandparents and antie..i used to visit them alot and when i used to vist my antie i used to go to the mosque and quaran class with her children..i loved it i always felt warm and speical..it was one day a sister was taking her shahada i felt all this surge of amotion come over me i was crying with amence joy for this sister who converted then i had said to my antie i want to do my shahada everyone laughted and said how cute bearing in mind i was 9yrs old..so i did it it was amazing everyone was kissing me and hugging me..then my antie said when i grow up if i still feel the same that we could do it again ..and to everyones belif my feeling to islam only got stronger so at 16yrs old i finaly took my shahada as a women it so amazing..i felt as if i totaly belonged ,,at the age of 17yrs old i put on my hijab i was so proud ..i wore my hijab with pride..now at 26 im still very proud of myself inshallah ..
there is more to this story if you would like to here the rest and outcome of my life inshallah i would love to here from you inshallah xx

Hope29

Hello Sabrina
I was just wondering what you did to reassure yourself of any doubts you had about Islam along the way? Or did you not have any doubts?
Thanks

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH

Well I didn't

SubhanALLAH, and Alhamdulillah my sister, everytime i read a reverting story i fall crying oh happiness and i feel like i am a new person
i am muslim Sunni, i am proudly telling you and other sisters and brothers who revert to Islam, that I am looking up to you, and i feel like you are my Qudwa, example and you really make my Islam as perfect Islam,though i was born Muslim, still i need to renwal and strenghting my faith everyday
thank you sister and May Allah Lord of Worldsn be please with you

yours
laila:ma:
:wasalam:

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
mashallah. I love these stories and I wish I could sit here and read through all of them and not go to sleep. Hehe. My own path to Islam is actually similiar to others, it seems - and here I thought I was different. :)

About four or five years ago I was introduced to Islam through a sister and her family. I became very good friends with her and her brother (and still am). I've never been religious, like at all, so naturally I didn't really think anything of it. When 9/11 rolled around, some questions were raised but never addressed. And then about a year and a half ago, I met a brother who really inspired me to actually take the time to explore Islam. I became interested in why he would pray the way he did, why he didn't do certain things, etc. So I started reading about Islam online, and not only discovered how beautiful Islam was, but I answered those questions that were raised back on 9/11. When I first came to TTI I actually only came to gather more information, but then one night I had a dream and when I woke up from that dream I knew it was time for me to convert, so I took shahada immediately. And I've been learning more and more ever since. And strangely, just like one of the sisters on here said, I realized that I was already Muslim. I've always dressed modestly, I don't drink/smoke/etc, I would never gamble...I always believed in one god and I never understood why anyone would believe in the trinity. It was very easy for me to accept Muhammed(PBUH) as the last and final prophet. And I can honestly say, that Islam has brought a peace to me that I've never known before. (I'll spare you the sad-sob story of my life lol) Although it is tough for me to explain to my friends (who have always confused me with being athiest) and practically impossible to explain to my immediate family that I've converted and I've had my share of ups and downs. But the thing is, I'm learning everyday and I understand that Allah is only testing my imaan!

I love Islam!!! <3

Your sister in Islam, Jennifer

:SMILY252:
I love Allah and Islam
i love you my sister in Allah Jennifer
May ALLAH be pleased with you Ameen
your sister
laila

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
My way to the Real Islam has been a wonderful, bittersweet experience but i wouldnt have it any other way :)

I was born in a really relaxed muslim family where Islam wasnt and isnt the main topic being discussed or practised :(, yes we were told to pray but no one prayed or we pretented, when it came to tawhiid i was really 'weak' God is Allah, Muhammed is a prophet, Islam a religion... you have to fast during Ramadan, have to do this and that.. but i was never told the reasons why...

I managed *alhamdoulilah* to find my way through, learnt how to pray again, how to make wudhu, i realised that i didn't know anything, start from stratch, i'd never really went to a masjiid before...

Family's reaction was a mixed one... my choice of clothing is up to today a big issue :(, i sometimes feel the odd one out.. but i've never been happier.. TTI has been, you can't imagine how much it has helpt me in so many ways... nearly 1 year i'm here.. and May God bless you all guys, you've been a real help for me :), made amazing friends...

That was my lil story sumarised in a few lines... it's been a struggle, alhamdoulilah

Tabarak ALLAH Rab al a'alameen
mashALLAH,
May ALLAH bless you sister and guide you and all of us
yours
laila:hearts:

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
:jazaak:
well i've always felt like a muslim since a child but....i grew up as most african americans in the US as a baptist. Astaghfiruallah we were told about the trinity and jesus is lord. The preacher would use God and jesus interchangably. luckily that didnt confuse me because i remember being taught that GOD created jesus who was born from Mary. Anywho, at the age of 8 christianity didnt 'do' anything for me and i needed something more. Yes i really was 8 at the time. Mashallah. well my dad went to Georgia and came back to Kentucky and asked if i wanted to be a muslim and i said yes. I didnt even know what it was. I just said yes. and since then ive been muslim and i think i was 9 at that time. ever since ive participated in ramadan, Salat was scarce but i did it every now and then. Salat didnt come to me til i was in my teenage years. I started wearing hijab at 14 but honestly wanted to start at 13, loved going to the masjid and have life long friends from there. now that im 22 i now wear niqab. I wasnt always the best of muslims but i know that this deen is for me. We all have our moments when our iman is low due to whatever reasons or trials, but we must all prevail! love you for the sake of allah, Asalaamu alakum warahmatullah

BismiALLAH and MashALLHA sister you are amazing
wow, all Praise to ALLAH,
Shukran Jazeelan to you May ALLAH be pleased with you inshallah

i love you in ALLAH
Your sister
laila

:hearts:
:SMILY252: